VERY dissatisfied with Kenne Bell product and customer service

shanezt

corn fed
Established Member
are you really complaining about what size bolt the instructions list? really? no wonder they did not respond to you.

Riptide

Established Member
Whipple ftw. Kenne Bell's customer service is so-so at best and their stock IC and HE sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

mustangmike1

Established Member
I didn't think the idle air valve was that far back, it looks like it was initially bolted it on backwards and hood closed(I have done that before). My kb installs went smooth, 2.6h blower touches slightly at front edge and a little at the idle air valve. I luckily have got good response from kb customer service. My bracket is the right height if you need one, I did the egr delete. I felt this was the best fitting thing I have put on my cobra, try the steeda brace, mac o/r xpipe, jlt intake, egr delete, fidanza flywheel, Fior quadrant, spec clutch, magnaflow catback, billetflow throttlebody and see how well this stuff fits/works(like crap). I don't think there is really any true bolt on.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I didn't think the idle air valve was that far back, it looks like it was initially bolted it on backwards and hood closed(I have done that before). My kb installs went smooth, 2.6h blower touches slightly at front edge and a little at the idle air valve. I luckily have got good response from kb customer service. My bracket is the right height if you need one, I did the egr delete. I felt this was the best fitting thing I have put on my cobra, try the steeda brace, mac o/r xpipe, jlt intake, egr delete, fidanza flywheel, Fior quadrant, spec clutch, magnaflow catback, billetflow throttlebody and see how well this stuff fits/works(like crap). I don't think there is really any true bolt on.

Is that with the hood liner or without?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
OP - Any updates from KB on their reexamination of the 2.6 kit for Terminators? Have you gotten all of your issues with the kit fully worked out to your satisfaction? Only reason I ask is I will most likely be going TS next spring and it will probably come down to either a KB 2.6 or a Whipple 2.9.

I'm just trying to glean as much info from those with first hand knowledge/experience with the KB 2.6 to help me make my decision.

04blckkbcobra

Established Member
Sorry for your issues but you should sent it back if you had so many problems. The bolt size stuff seems very minor. Now i must say that 3.75 pulley is for 15-16lbs of boost depending on your exhaust and mods! secondly I called kenne bell today and they answered and I placed an order, I had to call a couple times but that was all and you have to understand they get alot of calls. The stock throttle body isnt something i would use on that blower and you defiantly need a bap with 60lb injectors and a mafia or upgraded maf to run in order for that setup to work properly!! I also wrote KB an email and recieved one the next day service was spot on. It sounds like you switched up some bolts or something you have to have some common sense when installing a kb blower. I have a 2.8h and the quality is second to none. My supercharger fits like a glove and is absolutely perfect with zero issues. The product they make is the highest level twin screw you can buy! Everything is billet aluminum including the case unlike the cast case you get with a whipple. The billet case is also stronger than cast and works like an aluminum heat sink works on a computer processor.The case allows the heat to transfer from the screws to the case and out of the blower. The whipple cast cases with the thick walls and ribbed chunks trap heat inside the blower. The lobes are also a better 4x6 design than the whipple 5x3. The bearing are oversized, larger, in turn better than the whipple. Most of the kenne bell haters have never owned one and dont know squat about them. they are the best performing superchargers on the market for racing and street!

cbr repsol

Established Member
kB holds world record after world record after world record after world record!!!!
how many does whipple have ??

Umm....guess u never heard of a cobra jet?

Also not the topic but I have been looking at so many of my friends kb cobras.seems that they really dont make as much tq as whipple cars. The hp is there but not tq...even with 2.6 and 2.8

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have had nothing but good luck with KB customer service. All the manufacturers make good blowers, i just like my lil ole 2.6H.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
When was the last time you called? Just curious and want to fix any problems you may have experienced or if this comment was just based on hear say?

Instead of sinking down to his post, and make your company look silly. You could have taken the high road and helped the OP and changed everyones mind. Remember people tell one person about positive experiences, and they tell 10 people about negative experiences. On a forum one out of twenty people who read this stuff post.

Matt@KB

Established Member
Instead of sinking down to his post, and make your company look silly. You could have taken the high road and helped the OP and changed everyones mind. Remember people tell one person about positive experiences, and they tell 10 people about negative experiences. On a forum one out of twenty people who read this stuff post.
It was a simple question to improve our service if it is still a problem :shrug: you said it right one person is told the positive well 10 are told about negative. We are still trying to improve our company on a daily basis. We are still trying to change that bad reputation of having bad service that has plagued us for all these years. No negativity was used in my post, just a simple question.:beer:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
...The billet case is also stronger than cast and works like an aluminum heat sink works on a computer processor.The case allows the heat to transfer from the screws to the case and out of the blower. The whipple cast cases with the thick walls and ribbed chunks trap heat inside the blower. The lobes are also a better 4x6 design than the whipple 5x3. The bearing are oversized, larger, in turn better than the whipple. Most of the kenne bell haters have never owned one and dont know squat about them. they are the best performing superchargers on the market for racing and street!
Guess you never looked into why heatsinks also have fins on them for better heat dissipation...

Users who are viewing this thread