VERY dissatisfied with Kenne Bell product and customer service

Riptide

Established Member
If I had to do it over I'd go whipple. Matts cool but overall kenne bell's customer service is meh. And yah the blower is ok but the kits at least for the 3v anyway run hot. Hotter than the whipple. If you upgrade to an afco and a better pump fine but the stock setup is crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
It is funny how many people are jumping on the Whipple band wagon when Whipple fails to supply the correct internals causing the blower to die. Actual Whipple blower failures have been through the roof in the past few months do to incorrect parts. Get a Whipple and you will be replacing it soon.

Sorry to the original poster. I have owned tons of KBs and have never had a problem.

Way to jump on the anti-othersupplierofblowers bandwagon. Same thing. I had 5000 trouble free miles with my 3.4L Whipple, great customer support and prompt replies.

my 2.8lc blower swap had a few issues with instructions but dan@kennebell was so very helpful with my purchase and really helped me through the install.. @ end of the day we do-it-ouselvers wanna blame kennebell when if we let a shop like bob kuragans do it to begin with & he wont have any issues he cant fix with his know how, which makes the install a synch.... so ya really dont save doin it yourself in long run...IMO. then ur better off anyways...my driveability is better than stock eaton and I couldnt be happier with my 2.8... all these whipple fanatics the 3.4 aint any better than my 2.8, it aint all about who has the bigger blower lol & if anybody thinks there are such thing as
2 100% complete boltup kit then welcome to the performance world n good luck to ya

Your post is barely understandable. And yes, I do think my old 3.4L Setup was better than your 2.8lc blower.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I like my 2.2... It makes decent power and hasn't come apart yet.

A few complaints I have with KB:
It's very hard to torque the blower to manifold bolts that are underneath the inlet. They're extremely hard to get to, and are extremely hard to tighten properly. The way the inlet unbolts from the eaton makes it possible to put the inlet on after the blower is properly torqued down. HOWEVER this is likely the case with any aftermarket blower where the inlet is a solid piece from the back of the blower to the TB.

The blower to manifold bolts are not as long as the factory units. It's very easy to strip the threads out of the manifold. With shorter bolts making less overall thread contact, it seems like it would only increase the likelyhood of this happening. One benefit of the shorter bolt, however, is that it makes it easier to get the bolt in the location mentioned above (below the inlet)

Last edited:

brandont70

No Money
Established Member
Glad your getting everything resolved bud. I just took mine off and had it rebuilt. The bearings were bad. Matt took real good care of me. I had no issues when putting it back on. It looked brand new when I got it back from the rebuild. I think you'll love it when you get everything done and nail it for the first time.

bmx9854

Established Member
Just an update, had to contact Matt again for a few other things and he went above and beyond to get me the parts I needed. KB customer service is undoubtedly good.

Will be re-dynoing next week sometime with the 18psi pulley :)

Users who are viewing this thread