Venomous01 Vs. JD_Z28

JD_Z28

Established Member
instantmassege said:
What are we bench racing here?:nono: Why dont you post track #'s since they matter a tad more :)

My track times aren't the best. Since the last time I was at the track I installed a 2-Step and bought some MT ET Streets.

7.401 @99.11 mph w/1.81 60ft. (1/8) granny shifting :p

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Ron01Cbra said:
u bastard:mj: wait till I get my CFDF and practice my brakestands:read:

hey ron, i got a race for ya. s/c f150 i just picked up :thumbsup:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
This might get interesting. I have been researching adding a small shot of nitrous on my setup and have come back with VERY good feedback and results from users. I think I will be adding a 35 post maf dry shot and will hopefully have it in and tuned in time. I'll keep you guys posted.

Hey he's adding mods... why can't I?;-)

:beer:
:pop:

Last edited:

gnxs

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
It would be nice to hit the drags so we can see traps and e/t's and grab some video of that. I wouldn't mine going from a dig if I can get my level 5's in and my DRs mounted otherwise a roll might be better. I'd rather not break a halfshaft far away from home.
How can you even consider this race w/o DRs (even from a roll)?

You won't even have a chance of traction at full throttle in anything less than 3rd gear (and maybe not even in 3rd) with that combo. Without decent tires, all you're gonna do is make another video for the non-Ford guys to circulate of a high-hp Cobra not running as well as it "should have" run.

Forget the N20, do yourself a favor and get some M/T DRs before this race. :thumbsup:

Better to have a 620rwhp Cobra running like a 620rwhp Cobra, than a 675 rwhp Cobra running like a 475 rwhp Cobra. My $0.02.

Good Luck to both, you each sound like cool guys.

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
This might get interesting. I have been researching adding a small shot of nitrous on my setup and have come back with VERY good feedback and results from users. I think I will be adding a 35 post maf dry shot and will hopefully have it in and tuned in time. I'll keep you guys posted.

Hey he's adding mods... why can't I?;-)

:pop:

Nitrous is cheating :nono:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
gnxs said:
How can you even consider this race w/o DRs (even from a roll)?

You won't even have a chance of traction at full throttle in anything less than 3rd gear (and maybe not even in 3rd) with that combo. Without decent tires, all you're gonna do is make another video for the non-Ford guys to circulate of a high-hp Cobra not running as well as it "should have" run.

Forget the N20, do yourself a favor and get some M/T DRs before this race. :thumbsup:

Better to have a 620rwhp Cobra running like a 620rwhp Cobra, than a 675 rwhp Cobra running like a 475 rwhp Cobra. My $0.02.

Good Luck to both, you each sound like cool guys.
Agreed as I am ordering 305 Nitto555 DRs my friend.

gnxs

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Agreed as I am ordering 305 Nitto555 DRs my friend.
Hmmm, 305's. You on 18 inch rims?

Those still aren't gonna hook, but they'll be better than street radials.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
I guess i'll be running the M/T ET Streets :p
I have to get my DRs. I spun the tires on the freeway in 3rd. Scared the shit out of me.

I just ordered them from Matt @ Lethal.

More to come.:pop:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
gnxs said:
Hmmm, 305's. You on 18 inch rims?

Those still aren't gonna hook.
Yes 18's and yes I know they hurt me. I don't want BFG DRs until I get another set of rims, b/c I like to drive the car on the weekends and 5,000 miles on a tire is nothing and if I ever get caught in the rain I would want a DR that wouldn't send me into the median. Maybe I will change my mind after my set of Nittos wear out. The Nitto555 DRs will hook fine b/c I'm not dumping the clutch @ 5-6k. Atleast not until I get the level 5's.

Last edited:

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
555R's aren't the best performance wise, but if you heat them up enough they will do allright. I like mine a lot because they seem to last longer on a daily driver than any other DR available.

Can't wait to see this video fellas!

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
rk_2000_Z/28 said:
555R's aren't the best performance wise, but if you heat them up enough they will do allright. I like mine a lot because they seem to last longer on a daily driver than any other DR available.

Can't wait to see this video fellas!
Yeah it's a give and take, but it's a decent tire and will give me decent performance and decent tread life. Even though the car is not a DD.

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
Yeah it's a give and take, but it's a decent tire and will give me decent performance and decent tread life. Even though the car is not a DD.

^^I agree with you. The nittos last the longest for a drag radial and their cheap. I guess when we run we'll both be on tires since traction is a Biotch. If you watch the vid of me and the Whippled Cobra we both spun through all of second and beginning of third.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
^^I agree with you. The nittos last the longest for a drag radial and their cheap. I guess when we run we'll both be on tires since traction is a Biotch. If you watch the vid of me and the Whippled Cobra we both spun through all of second and beginning of third.
:beer: watched it last night and sent it to my buddy who loves camaros. We used to have some pretty badass camaros a while back.

JD_Z28

Established Member
Venomous01 said:
:beer: watched it last night and sent it to my buddy who loves camaros. We used to have some pretty badass camaros a while back.

Have you ran your car at the track before? If so what times.

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
Have ran your car at the track before? If so what times.
Not on this setup yet. I used to run my 01 a while back, but I won't track this setup hard until I get the level 5 halfshafts installed. I will probably need slicks too. I am very cautious about every aspect especially when pushing high amounts of power. This car wasn't meant to be a track whore though.

There are a few more things left to do and then I am leaving it alone and I am gonna open course the car a little more often probably.
- DSS Level 5 halfshafts
- Big Brake Kit (braided lines etc...)
- I'd like to get a roll cage
- N2O (35 shot)

Users who are viewing this thread