VENOMIZED03 old Cobra getting Turbo'd!!! And a good bit more

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
I just spoke with Melvin the owner of Fastlane where my car is getting it's "Bolt-ons" lol And he just informed me the Cobra was fired up on Friday and the car ran just fine. He is not sure when the tuning will begin but should be done some time VERY SOON!!!!!!

And no I won't have much left haha

03cobrarocks

Established Member
nice setup! I love how with an older solid axle you can put some meat on the back!

I have a 97 solid in mine and about to put some 15X10 prostars with 325s on :rolling:

one question for you tho.. what year suspension parts do you get? The same year as your solid axle or the same year as your car?

DRIVNFOOL1

Established Member
Keep an eye on that airbag in the rear. Mine couldn't handle the 60ft's I was doing and I was quickly talked into a antiroll bar. Works 100% better..

If you want to keep the tail pipes you have to use the bag. Street cars IMO look beter with tail pipes out the rear. Air bags do not work as well as an anti-roll, but they do work.

DRIVNFOOL1

Established Member
nice setup! I love how with an older solid axle you can put some meat on the back!

I have a 97 solid in mine and about to put some 15X10 prostars with 325s on :rolling:

one question for you tho.. what year suspension parts do you get? The same year as your solid axle or the same year as your car?

The suspension parts are the same, its the bolt diameter that is different. If you order the LCA's for the body you will have to drill the holes in the axle housing. If you order the LCA's for the housing you will have to drill the bushings in the front of the LCA's. Failure to use the correct size bolts will result in lots of suspension noise and ovaling of your body. You can purchase the correct bolts and lock nuts (4)from Ford for $30. The rest of the bolts will be reused from the IRS. The UCA's should always be order for the body due to the fact that all year straight axles use the same upper housing bushings. These rules only apply when using an 87-98 housing under a 99-04 car.

I hope this info helps, btw it is much easier to drill the housing before you build it.

Last edited:
J

Janstang

If you want to keep the tail pipes you have to use the bag. Street cars IMO look beter with tail pipes out the rear. Air bags do not work as well as an anti-roll, but they do work.
I've seen a couple of companies trying to market a version that allows you to retain the tail pipes, unfortunately I can't find any links.. That was the issue I faced a couple of years back. The car was overpowering the airbag and needed an antiroll bar, but I really liked my Bassani exhaust. I ended up biting the bullet and did the antiroll bar, sold the Bassani exhaust to recoupe some of the cost, and it picked me up a tenth in my 60ft's, not a bad compromise. I knew when mine needed it when you could watch the launch and see it touching the fender to the tire. Just keep an eye on it.. 1.40's is where mine started disliking the airbag-for reference..

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
No better way to get it than from the man himself!! DRIVNFOOL is my builder and has done everything that has been done to this car! I really excited about being home in about a day or so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUMBASS

Banned
what did those wheels run you? I have ben hunting for some weld racing wheels like prostars or something similar bu thave not been able to find any front runners in a 17" and i woulds also like to retain the front cobra brakes. was thinking about some 15X 10 or 15X12 if possible.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
The suspension parts are the same, its the bolt diameter that is different. If you order the LCA's for the body you will have to drill the holes in the axle housing. If you order the LCA's for the housing you will have to drill the bushings in the front of the LCA's. Failure to use the correct size bolts will result in lots of suspension noise and ovaling of your body. You can purchase the correct bolts and lock nuts (4)from Ford for $30. The rest of the bolts will be reused from the IRS. The UCA's should always be order for the body due to the fact that all year straight axles use the same upper housing bushings. These rules only apply when using an 87-98 housing under a 99-04 car.

I hope this info helps, btw it is much easier to drill the housing before you build it.

thanks for the info man! Well shit I should probably get some new upper control arms then considering that mine were the same ones the guy that I got my solid axle from used in his 97 :bash:

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
what did those wheels run you? I have ben hunting for some weld racing wheels like prostars or something similar bu thave not been able to find any front runners in a 17" and i woulds also like to retain the front cobra brakes. was thinking about some 15X 10 or 15X12 if possible.

I think the rim and tire package with 15X10s out back and 17's up front ran me around 3K. But know that the 17s seem to take for ever to get in. If you want some you better order them soon and get in line man.

Blown04GT

No, it's not a GT
Established Member

and that my friends, is why I take my car to the professionals :)

I'm going to try and make it to the shop tomorrow or saturday, I'll be sure to leave some drool all over your car Woody :rolling:

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
+1 Bro that is why FastLane got my Cobra over all the other shops I know. They have always been cool with me and do the best work I know of.

I hope someone details the car after all the drooling has been done haha!

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
They have not put it on the Dyno as of yet but have been working on the base tune for just getting it out and taking a drive with it. Here are some updated pics!!!

shop2037.jpg

shop2047.jpg

shop2048.jpg

shop2049.jpg

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Thanks bro, I am really blessed to have a damn good shop near me that I have a great relationship with, and the money from this deployment haha.

Users who are viewing this thread