VENOMIZED03 old Cobra getting Turbo'd!!! And a good bit more

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Well I have had a change of plans, the Cobra is getting an AMS 1000 and Co2 Kit to help me out a bit, a PT7685 (single setup of course), Team Z upper control arms, all new piping, and trying to figure out what intercooler I am going to run. This has to be the longest build in progress thread in history.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Something is up....with 15psi and an unlocked auto on my billet 7675 i made 659rwhp

What is your setup, but you are right, my car has consistantly put down lower numbers than a lot of other. But it has run a 9 so I am still happy. I really could careless about dyno numbers as much as I care about the 1/4 mile. Though it would be pretty cool to say I have a million HP. I just want a mid to low 9's car that I can drive on the street.

iggster

Established Member
What is your setup, but you are right, my car has consistantly put down lower numbers than a lot of other. But it has run a 9 so I am still happy. I really could careless about dyno numbers as much as I care about the 1/4 mile. Though it would be pretty cool to say I have a million HP. I just want a mid to low 9's car that I can drive on the street.

Ya don't get to stuck up on dyno numbers, you put down some good numbers, stupid comparing dyno numbers.

I have basically the same setup as you with the same turbo and I put down 668 at 21lbs and 16 degrees of timing, my converter is WAY to loose though it stalls around 5,500 rpm.

Just get a billet wheel 76, you can even upgrade yours to a billet wheel for cheap, PM me. With that alone you should put down some better numbers.

Btw when you ran the 9.9 any weight reduction? I am very curious cause its my goal to break into the 9s but my car is completely gutted. Everything is stripped. Similar setups just I am running a couple more lbs of boost.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
No weight reduction when I ran 9.9, as well I had a huge speaker box in place of the back seat with 2 12" JL audio subs, two amps and all the extra wiring for them. I have since took it out and put the back seat back in though. Maybe it helped with traction lol.

Users who are viewing this thread