Vehicle valuations. Are sellers dreaming? Or am I dreaming?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Spring is close, you would expect values to hold or even strengthen. Deals are in the Fall.

spectreman

Established Member
I shopped long and hard before finding my low mileage '09 last April & got what I felt was a very fair deal for an immaculate car, and I still paid in the low $30's. You ain't gonna find a '10 & up in the $20's no how, no where, unless it's a beater but good luck trying.
Lee

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Engine isn't as stout

Engines in the 10 and 11-12 are identical aside from the iron/aluminum block. Rods will be the first failure point in either but technically the 2010 would be a little more "stout" since the iron block can hold a good bit more power.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Engines in the 10 and 11-12 are identical aside from the iron/aluminum block. ...

Don't think so. Pretty sure the heads and cams are revised.

Sent from my BlackBerry. The blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use!

Never_Enough

Established Member
GT500s are tanking in price right now

I hate KBB for valuation, nowadays it seems too low in price. I would use NADA as a good starting point.
C6s have tanked as well. Trend for older performance cars?

Neither are good for specialty cars like these IMO

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Engines in the 10 and 11-12 are identical aside from the iron/aluminum block. Rods will be the first failure point in either but technically the 2010 would be a little more "stout" since the iron block can hold a good bit more power.

Good save - I was a tad bit inebriated and for some reason I was thinking 2010 vs 13/14

Blackoyote

Established Member
I shopped long and hard before finding my low mileage '09 last April & got what I felt was a very fair deal for an immaculate car, and I still paid in the low $30's. You ain't gonna find a '10 & up in the $20's no how, no where, unless it's a beater but good luck trying.
Lee

I've seen plenty of them, they just sell quicker and you HAVE to be ready to purchase. There are a few on eBay with BIN price right at $30-31k that have 25k miles on them and have the 'make an offer' option, meaning those dealers will take less. So in your opinion, one of the cars with 45-50k miles that gets listed at $27-28.5k are beaters? They may not be 5-8k mile cream puffs like what you were looking for, but they're far from shit cars and are out there.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" I'm out there shopping hard for a car. Mainly focusing on '10-'12 GT500, but looking at other similar vehicles. I want supercharged car with good power levels. "

Post an ad listing exactly what you want:
Year, options, hp, mileage,...................& what you're willing to pay.
See if you get any takers.
From what I see in the listings, it looks like a buyer's market to me.

fishpick

Established Member
Sellers aren't making the market - cars (like everything else) are worth what people pay for them, period. If you can't find what you want because everything is selling for more than what you are willing to spend - that's fine - but it's not the sellers - it's the fact other buyers are willing to spend more.
Do exactly what @1 Alibi 2 recommends (it's a great idea) - if a seller matches with your needs - you are good to go... if not and other buyers have deeper wallets for the same resource, blame capitalism.

IMHO - buy a base and have fun building your GT500 clone to be yours... unless you need the garden snek plaque on the grille.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Sellers aren't making the market - cars (like everything else) are worth what people pay for them, period. If you can't find what you want because everything is selling for more than what you are willing to spend - that's fine - but it's not the sellers - it's the fact other buyers are willing to spend more.
Do exactly what @1 Alibi 2 recommends (it's a great idea) - if a seller matches with your needs - you are good to go... if not and other buyers have deeper wallets for the same resource, blame capitalism.

IMHO - buy a base and have fun building your GT500 clone to be yours... unless you need the garden snek plaque on the grille.

But the garden snake emblem is so pretty though.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I've seen plenty of them, they just sell quicker and you HAVE to be ready to purchase. There are a few on eBay with BIN price right at $30-31k that have 25k miles on them and have the 'make an offer' option, meaning those dealers will take less. .......

Yep, I've been keeping an eye out. Just missed two that were really good deals. Being ready, informed and able to pounce (i.e., pay) are the keys IMHO.

" I'm out there shopping hard for a car...Post an ad listing exactly what you want:
Year, options, hp, mileage,...................& what you're willing to pay.
See if you get any takers.
From what I see in the listings, it looks like a buyer's market to me.

Yep, I did this already in a couple of spots. Working with one guy right now. Thanks

Sellers aren't making the market - cars (like everything else) are worth what people pay for them, period...........

I agree with you, but as you know, all markets tend to fluctuate, sometimes wildly, in favor of buyers or sellers. The purpose of my initiating this discussion was to try and find out if there is excess demand, or perhaps excess supply, or some other factor(s) that I may be unaware of.

Thanks

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
OP, you need to figure out what a GT500 is really worth to you. They aren't getting any newer, and the miles aren't rolling backwards. Don't miss out on an opportunity by waiting for the values to tank. They aren't standard GTs or Corvettes. They're going to hold steady for a long time. You might see a small dip when the next GT500 is released, but it'll creep right back up.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
no offense but just because you found 1 2010 GT500 for 26k on ebay in december does not mean that those who are selling their 2011-2012 GT500s for low to mid 30s are trying to rob you. If you had a lot of examples fine but you found 1 example of the least desirable 2010+ GT500 and are expecting to steal someones car based on that is what it seems like. Also the economy is really good right now and not a lot of people are selling their toys, within 500 miles of me there are only 24 for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread