valve covers

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I can't imagine why they made them different... but the part numbers are different.
I'm sure they would inter-change though seeing as they are going on the same heads...
What color are Mach1 covers???

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
it would be nice if ya' paint those valve covers a real mystic color, beening thinking of doing it but never did, instead i got the coil covers in mystic color along w/ my jlt rai tube.

DNeinstadt

Established Member
I found out the hard way..

'04 Mach1 valve covers are not painted.
'04 Cobra covers are painted silver.

I tried to take the paint off '04 Mystichrome valve covers to paint Mystic and my house burned down 2 days later. NOT RELATED to the paint stripper though.

Dan

predator

Established Member
Just found out from Steve....SVTPARTS....that Ford Racing is offering valve covers to fit all 32 valve motors... 9x-04 .....in Ford GT blue for $219 a set. Pretty sweet! I don't know if that means they are all the same.....I don't see why not. :shrug:

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
predator said:
Just found out from Steve....SVTPARTS....that Ford Racing is offering valve covers to fit all 32 valve motors... 9x-04 .....in Ford GT blue for $219 a set. Pretty sweet! I don't know if that means they are all the same.....I don't see why not. :shrug:
I would like to see a picture of that.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
They are all the same.

The reason the parts #s are different is because the MACH covers are different colors

- Aj -

Established Member
Juiced46 said:
They are all the same.

The reason the parts #s are different is because the MACH covers are different colors

Anyone have pics?

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
predator said:
is it just blue paint from ford or is it like a powdercoat?

- Aj -

Established Member
03 Mach 1:

882Engine_Bay.jpg

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
while ford gt covers will physically bolt on, they dont have an oil filler on them since the ford gt has a dry sump.

Right. There's been more than one person find that out the hard (expensive) way.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
while ford gt covers will physically bolt on, they dont have an oil filler on them since the ford gt has a dry sump.

:lol: :lol: That would suck

GodStang

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:

Bring in a magic man to *poof* the oil in there?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread