Valve cover breathers

Rambro

Established Member
IMG_3322.jpeg

Been running the cheap parts store breathers, but the lip is tearing up the rubber grommets when I pull them out. Do they make screw in breathers that will fit? or do I need to remove the grommets and buy a screw in adapter for the filters?

03' White Snake

Established Member
I ran K&N push in breathers for a few years. Never had any issues with them destroying the grommets. I think the shaft part was smooth without a bulge at the end.

I got sick of the oil mist on the valve covers. I went with push-in to -10 AN 90's. I run AN lines to a vented catch can mounted in the front bumper area.

Rambro

Established Member
I like the idea of catch cans but I don’t like the looks of all the lines. I think it looks to busy under the hood. But I may eventually go that route to lessen the smell.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I originally had one..... But needed two. U can run two hoes from each valve cover to one can but imo its just better to have two so the engine can breath better.

Did you run one on each valve cover or do you have 1 on 2 different cars?

03 Mercury Marauder

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Its a pretty clean instal this is with one catch can I now have two. Its just a hose to the valve cover.

Some set ups are too busy I agree but this is relatively small and deep. Holds a fair amount of fluid and its easy to drain with the supplied hose and petcock attached to it for easy release of fluids.

IMG_3848.jpeg

I like the idea of catch cans but I don’t like the looks of all the lines. I think it looks to busy under the hood. But I may eventually go that route to lessen the smell.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
You guys running breathers, one or both sides?
I'm using the Shelby GT500 Single Valve Oil Catch Can CSS kit from UPR. (Best Catch Can on the market IMO). The driver side is basically a breather. So my setup consists of breathers on both sides. CFM breather is on the other side where the oil cap was in the valve cover. No residual oil issues what so ever!

Pics from the site.
IMG-7014__78665.1646252294.jpg

IMG-7015__83054.1646252283.jpg

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a UPR on my 150, works good. I can't find one for the Cobra.
When I had my 2014 CTS V Coupe UPR didn't have a standard kit that they sold. But they were able to make a kit up for me out of gm kits that they did sell. You should give them a call and tell them what you need and want. I'm 99% sure they can put something together for you.

Users who are viewing this thread