Valentino rossi sets fastest lap @ barcelona test

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
yeah but with Rossi on his tail waiting to find a weakness in one of his turns it's kind of hard not to. Granted a few of those races he just plain crashed. Rossi is notorious for letting you think you have a lead till the last lap or so then slipping right by you.

BTW anyone know if my Texas native Ben Spies, aka World Superbike champ is heading to MotoGP this yr? Another Yamaha rider BTW!

Team Texas FTW. Spies can learn alot from Edwards. I'm hoping he can do really good his first year so he can get that factory ride.

Last edited:

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
yeah but with Rossi on his tail waiting to find a weakness in one of his turns it's kind of hard not to. Granted a few of those races he just plain crashed. Rossi is notorious for letting you think you have a lead till the last lap or so then slipping right by you.

BTW anyone know if my Texas native Ben Spies, aka World Superbike champ is heading to MotoGP this yr? Another Yamaha rider BTW!

Yes, Spies will be riding alongside Colin Edwards with Tech Team Yamaha;-)
I can't wait to see how he does

Rossi flat out ownz moto GP ....it all comes down to if he really wants to push himself:-D

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
LOL, lets put a motorcycle rider instead of a 2 time world champion:bored:. I'm not really sure if Alonso will bring the title this year but hey, Schumahcer didn't bring the title to Scuderia his first year too.

alonso is a form of cancer... I will pull for massa this year. Schumi is dear in my heart but this alonso move was stupid on Luca's part.... The Tifosi will prevail this yr

02 Min Grey GT

Established Member
Don't forget about Casey Stoner. Rossi is going to have to work his butt off to win it this year. Stoner was the man to beat until he got sick. Look at what he did the last few races of the year when he came back.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member

they announced him going to GP like 3 or 4 months ago.. gonna be interesting to see what he can do against lorenzo stoner and rossi... they are some VERY VERY agressive riders. no audio for some reason but check out this vid...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGAWYwMdzBA&feature=related"]YouTube- Valentino Rossi vs Jorge Lorenzo - Catalunya 14/06/09[/ame]

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Don't forget about Casey Stoner. Rossi is going to have to work his butt off to win it this year. Stoner was the man to beat until he got sick. Look at what he did the last few races of the year when he came back.

he won 1... he is strong at phillips but it think lorenzo is they guy. stoner has a couple tracks where he is very strong but idk... its gonna b a close and interesting year.

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
Stoner will be more of a challenge than Lorenzo for Rossi...this is true

But take into consideration that Nicky is doing very very well at practice and that Pedrosa is also balls fast on a good day. Lets not forget bout Simoncelli:bowdown:

All are worthy opponents, but Rossi is a force to be reckoned with

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I would like to see Rossi move to Ducati. I remember they were considered when he was moving from Honda.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
I don't think Rossi is changing companies again especially since he's pretty much proved it's the rider not the bike. Did I forget to mention Yamaha placed 1 and 2 last yr with Rossi and Lorenzo. If anything there have been reports that Lorenzo may go at some point if Rossi stays but Rossi has stated he might like to try his hand at Superbike. Def much closer races in Superbike the GP based on the bike restrictions.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
alonso is a form of cancer... I will pull for massa this year. Schumi is dear in my heart but this alonso move was stupid on Luca's part.... The Tifosi will prevail this yr

I don't think it's a stupid move at all. Kimi is not motivated in F1 anymore so someone have to step up and he's the best driver available right now.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Rossi moving to Ducati would be a bad idea IMO. It seems like Stoner is the only one that can ride that bike. Melandri is not a bad rider and we know Hayden is not either because he's a world champion, but none of them can really get the best out of the Duc. Yamaha's manager said that the bigest threat for them right now is actually from Ferrari and not from Ducati. Ferrari wanted a third car for Schumacher and maybe they'll get one for Rossi now.

02 Min Grey GT

Established Member
he won 1... he is strong at phillips but it think lorenzo is they guy. stoner has a couple tracks where he is very strong but idk... its gonna b a close and interesting year.

You're math sucks. Stoner won 2 races before he got sick. Then he came back and won 2 of the last 3 to end the year. I think the one he didn't win he was fastest in all the practice sessions and qualifying, but wrecked during the warm up lap or something like that!

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
You're math sucks. Stoner won 2 races before he got sick. Then he came back and won 2 of the last 3 to end the year. I think the one he didn't win he was fastest in all the practice sessions and qualifying, but wrecked during the warm up lap or something like that!

Yea, it was caused by cold tires during the warm up lap.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Stoner will be more of a challenge than Lorenzo for Rossi...this is true

But take into consideration that Nicky is doing very very well at practice and that Pedrosa is also balls fast on a good day. Lets not forget bout Simoncelli:bowdown:

All are worthy opponents, but Rossi is a force to be reckoned with

well it goes back and forth, ive seen casey check out on the 1st lap and ive seen him drop off rossi and lorenzos pace. either way those are the top 3 riders on the planet IMO. pedrosa is a tough lil guy, we have seen him check out on the 1st lap also, but with his injuries he is inconsistant. i like simoncelli too. i went nuts when he went to sbk on the aprilla and stuffed ben up th inside AND punked biaggi off the track i that chicane his FIRST time on the bike AND track. nicky cant hang when they really turn it up a notch... when the boys get in "THAT MODE" and really really push that dude is a second off the pace. he made huge improvements but i dnt think he is it. he hangs around at the american tracks but idk. hope he does well

no my math doesnt suck, i forgot he won that wet race in sepang... he is untouchable at phillips tho. i think him and lorenzo will do alot of elbow rubbing competing with rossi. i like their styles, so aggressive and they leave every turn like a pissed off bull.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
It seems like Stoner is the only one that can ride that bike. we know Hayden is not either because he's a world champion

I think by now we should not underestimate Rossi's skill. And I'm a longtime Hayden fan, but he got lucky.

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
well it goes back and forth, ive seen casey check out on the 1st lap and ive seen him drop off rossi and lorenzos pace. either way those are the top 3 riders on the planet IMO. pedrosa is a tough lil guy, we have seen him check out on the 1st lap also, but with his injuries he is inconsistant. i like simoncelli too. i went nuts when he went to sbk on the aprilla and stuffed ben up th inside AND punked biaggi off the track i that chicane his FIRST time on the bike AND track. nicky cant hang when they really turn it up a notch... when the boys get in "THAT MODE" and really really push that dude is a second off the pace. he made huge improvements but i dnt think he is it. he hangs around at the american tracks but idk. hope he does well

:lol1: I have seen Stoner eat it on a warm up lap, but he is SERIOUSLY fast.
Capirossi handled the Duc well for a few times, but dropped off twards the end.
I agree with Nicky not hanging when they turn up the heat, but he is competing with machines, not humans;-)

I think by now we should not underestimate Rossi's skill. And I'm a longtime Hayden fan, but he got lucky.

Gonna have to agree. He got it because Rossi slipped on last race of the season:lol1:
he is a 10 time world champ in my eyes:bowdown:

02 Min Grey GT

Established Member
no my math doesnt suck, i forgot he won that wet race in sepang... he is untouchable at phillips tho. i think him and lorenzo will do alot of elbow rubbing competing with rossi. i like their styles, so aggressive and they leave every turn like a pissed off bull.

Yeah, I was just being a smart ass. I think those three are going to put on a great show this year, and Pedrosa & Dovizioso will mix it up quite a bit. I would really like to see Spies race in the top 5 consistently. That would be a great season for him. 6-8 may be more likely, but I think he could get some top 5's if things go right for him. Hayden may get in a few good races too. He seems to be getting along with the Ducati better, but we will have to wait to see. In the past he has only been able to win when he has the best bike, and I don't think the Ducati is the best bike for him.

Users who are viewing this thread