Vacation in May - Going to Texas. Ideas?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is so much to do in Texas. I've been there a few times. Everyone has posted some great suggestions. I'm going to toss in a personal favorite, San Antonio. Specifically River Walk. Just a fun experience IMO. It's about 1.25 hours from Austin.

san-antonio-riverwalk-138429834.jpg

Exploring-Downtown-San-Antonio-with-Kids-44ba37072dc34666aa2f092c117db4ed.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There is so much to do in Texas. I've been there a few times. Everyone has posted some great suggestions. I'm going to toss in a personal favorite, San Antonio. Specifically River Walk. Just a fun experience IMO. It's about 1.25 hours from Austin.

View attachment 1480392

View attachment 1480393

The river walk is great and you can usually find some good hotel deals right on the river walk. My favorite restaurant in SA is Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia, ****ing outstanding!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
We are definitely going to the Oasis and I'm going to try and buy my way into a lake front seat with the wife, as we will be hitting our 5-year marriage anniversary and 15 years of being together.-Chris
While you don’t need reservations if you call them and make one explain the circumstances they will accommodate you with a view.

Actually not really any regulation on tanks. Libs do not worry about it because only the rich can get a tank. Just like only the rich can legally own a machine gun.
from my reading you can have a tank but most of the weapons have to be disabled

great fun the first time

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The river walk is great and you can usually find some good hotel deals right on the river walk. My favorite restaurant in SA is Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia, ****ing outstanding!
My wife and I found a great steak restaurant on the Walk. Forget the name, though. I do remember the Texas Lemonade! Yep!!

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Some awesome ideas guys. Can't thank you all enough for these suggestions.

Very excited to go to TX. We were considering to move there, provided we can find jobs and what not. Changing your home/place of work out of state isn't the easiest, but, let's see what happens, haha.

I just moved to Fort Worth 2 weeks ago. I am in love with this place. Feels like it was meant to be. TX is now closed. I was the last one let in. Definetly try some of the Tex-Mex restaurants.

Users who are viewing this thread