Vacation a little sour now.....

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Since this thread got reasonably off topic and you guys are talking about stopping multiple vehicles at once I've got a question I always wanted to know the answer to:

How exactyl do you go about stopping more than one vehicle at a time when you are approaching from behind? I've seen it done from a forward vantage point but was just wondering about the process from a pursuing standpoint....

Do you speed ahead and then flag them over or what?

Well its like this. Remember the Old Bull vs the Young Bull Story? Well thats all I'm going to say about the matter.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
Since this thread got reasonably off topic and you guys are talking about stopping multiple vehicles at once I've got a question I always wanted to know the answer to:

How exactyl do you go about stopping more than one vehicle at a time when you are approaching from behind? I've seen it done from a forward vantage point but was just wondering about the process from a pursuing standpoint....

Do you speed ahead and then flag them over or what?

Heh, happened to a couple of buddies of mine (i was a passenger in one of the vehicles)...they were both doing triple digit speeds, officer's car is in oncoming traffic on a divided highway. Officer basically drifts through the median area, pulls the trailing car over, tells us to "stay put" floors it and MAKES THE OTHER CAR DRIVE IN REVERSE all the way back to where we where originally pulled over...it was at least 2 miles that he was made to drive in reverse down the shoulder of the highway.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Heh, happened to a couple of buddies of mine (i was a passenger in one of the vehicles)...they were both doing triple digit speeds, officer's car is in oncoming traffic on a divided highway. Officer basically drifts through the median area, pulls the trailing car over, tells us to "stay put" floors it and MAKES THE OTHER CAR DRIVE IN REVERSE all the way back to where we where originally pulled over...it was at least 2 miles that he was made to drive in reverse down the shoulder of the highway.

He didnt make you do anything, and I wouldnt have. Then I would bring it up in court and argue the officers judgement is in question for asking a civilian to do something so unsafe.

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
He didnt make you do anything, and I wouldnt have. Then I would bring it up in court and argue the officers judgement is in question for asking a civilian to do something so unsafe.

And the judge would tell you that he is not the officer's supervisor, and that if you want to file a complaint, then call the officer's department. The officer may have made somebody do something unsafe, but did he make them do something illegal. I am assuming the officer had to back up that distance with the 2nd car, meaning the officer's car with lights flashing would've provided a barrier between the flow of traffic and the 2nd car itself. I don't see anything illegal there.

Then after you present your arguement, the judge will ask if you want to plead guilty, not guilty, or no contest to the charge at hand.

Next.......

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
And the judge would tell you that he is not the officer's supervisor, and that if you want to file a complaint, then call the officer's department. The officer may have made somebody do something unsafe, but did he make them do something illegal. I am assuming the officer had to back up that distance with the 2nd car, meaning the officer's car with lights flashing would've provided a barrier between the flow of traffic and the 2nd car itself. I don't see anything illegal there.

Then after you present your arguement, the judge will ask if you want to plead guilty, not guilty, or no contest to the charge at hand.

Next.......

Youre missing the point. I would try to argue the officers judgement and mental status are unstable and as such (unless he had me on radar) his judgement at the time of the stop is in question. Also I never said it was an illegal act, but it puts both the officer and civilian in an unnecessary and dangerious situation.

jean

Established Member
by the way:

The old bull and the young bull come over a hill and see a herd of cows.
The young bull says "Let' go f... em all"
The old bull says "Let's go f... em, one at a time"

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Youre missing the point. I would try to argue the officers judgement and mental status are unstable and as such (unless he had me on radar) his judgement at the time of the stop is in question. Also I never said it was an illegal act, but it puts both the officer and civilian in an unnecessary and dangerious situation.

So your plan of action would be to go into court and try to make the officer look like a loon that's actually endangering the public instead of trying to help them?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
So your plan of action would be to go into court and try to make the officer look like a loon that's actually endangering the public instead of trying to help them?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That's a pretty crazy laugh, loon! I think your mental status is unstable. :lol:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
by the way:

The old bull and the young bull come over a hill and see a herd of cows.
The young bull says "Let' go f... em all"
The old bull says "Let's go f... em, one at a time"

Actually it goes like this:

The young bull says to the old bull "Lets run down there and **** one of them."

The old bull replies "Lets walk down and **** them all."

Users who are viewing this thread