V day approaches

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Anyone tired of V day? I guess I'll order the usual flowers for my wife and now six your old girl. All while expecting nothing in return.

Want to get my daughter matching Speedo goggles like mine but my wife says that's not very V like. I'm thinking she loves mine and it's practical. Thoughts?

if that's what she wants than its a great gift. grab a small teddy bear and put them on the bear and toss it in a red gift bag. she'll love it ;-)

I can't wait ill be three days divorced from satan!!!! :beer:

didnt you recently get married?

ive always loathed Vday. as mentioned, just a marketing scam. i used to try to be unattached on vday to avoid all that lol. when i was young i would go overboard and get flowers, chocolate, balloons and dinner and a $5 ****ing card :bored: as mentioned, you end up waiting at a restaurant for 3 hours to get a table. some times they jack up the prices on that night, like roses :nonono:

as i got older i found women didnt care as much. more the thought that counts. a nice quiet dinner at home and a card and nice little gift. its still a drag trying to figure out what to get her. i try to keep it simple but i usually end up getting something more than that.

if i could eliminate one holiday it would be that one lol.

paynecasey

Established Member
Got my wife and daughter Speedo Van 2.0 goggles.

My daughter and I love to swim year round so it's a great father daughter gift. My wife loves to swim as well. Now I want to get us scuba licenses.

Last edited:

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
The crushing, relentless, soul-deforming never-ending nightmare of St. Valentine's Day. I never know what to get my wife.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I will get the wife flowers, that it is. I take her out enough that I don't need to waste extra hours and money on some crappy themed night out.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
This will be 15 straight that i havnt done anything for my wife on that worthless dayy

04svtsnke

Established Member
Getting the wife a heart necklace with our 2 year olds photo in one and a family photo in the other. Gonna take her to the grand lux movie theater for some drinks, food and a good time. We will be doing it on the Wednesday before that Friday to avoid the millions of idiots out on the actual day.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Lame holiday. Card exchange, that is it for us. I am taking her to the car show on Saturday though. How romantic is that? LOL...

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
My favorite VDay gift ever was when I was about 9: my mom got me a mini igloo lunch box like my dad's, but in teal. It was AWESOME. All the kids at school were jelly. Nothing wrong with practical :shrug:

I'd bet you still have it.:rockon::beer:

Users who are viewing this thread