V day approaches

paynecasey

Established Member
Anyone tired of V day? I guess I'll order the usual flowers for my wife and now six your old girl. All while expecting nothing in return.

Want to get my daughter matching Speedo goggles like mine but my wife says that's not very V like. I'm thinking she loves mine and it's practical. Thoughts?

Sirraf

Established Member
V-day

Another day in which women remind men on how worthless and hopeless they are without them in their life and you should worship them.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Got mine some gold from out here on deployment,some concert tickets, and Sherrie's berries...easy day

99GreenCobra

Established Member
We never celebrate Vday. Last year my wife was in labor(born feb15) The year before that I quit my job and we started a biz on Vday, and before that we lived in separate cities 4 hours apart. I hate halmark holidays anyway. She doesn't want to do anything either. We celebrate randomly throughout the year when we feel like it, not when halmark says we should.

mjs1012

Established Member
I didnt really plan on it, but my gf and I are going to a concert on that day and shes happy with it. Normally we just get each other something small cuz vday is pointless imo.

oldmodman

Established Member
It's just a damn marketing scam.

Paid for by the candy stores, jewelery stores, greeting card companies, restaurants, and of course all the underwear stores.

Besides. Ask any woman and she will tell you that every day is Valentines Day.

Because if you aint giving, you aint getting.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Do nothing for it. I bring my girl flowers and take her on dates sporadically through the year. She expects and asks for nothing on vday.

wht93gted

Established Member
We tried to go out to dinner once...turned out to be a nightmare, with 2-3 hour waits every where.

Now we usually just get take out from one of the places we like, and enjoy it with no cell phones, facebook, or any outside annoyances.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I honestly think my wife hates Valentine's Day more than I do - we both promised no gifts and just go out for a nice dinner w/our almost 3 year-old son. The older I get, the more of a sham the entire day becomes.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
we've never really done much, we'll go to a nice dinner sometimes and thats about it, we'll do something this year for sure since its the first year being married and all but overall neither of us really cares

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Prolly dinner but not on vday night, probably saturday night, beach front with reservations.

Bringing a card and maybe some earrings or something.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Anyone tired of V day? I guess I'll order the usual flowers for my wife and now six your old girl. All while expecting nothing in return.

Want to get my daughter matching Speedo goggles like mine but my wife says that's not very V like. I'm thinking she loves mine and it's practical. Thoughts?

My favorite VDay gift ever was when I was about 9: my mom got me a mini igloo lunch box like my dad's, but in teal. It was AWESOME. All the kids at school were jelly. Nothing wrong with practical :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread