Used mustang prices...

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I was like 21 and broke from the car payment so I put those Eagle 077's or whatever on them...lol

Should have kept my 17" SS wheels I had on my 1997
Dude I love those SS wheels, picked up some for my 99 SS last year.. also have some Fikse Fm5s, just had them refinished.
63397351-438E-4502-86BB-9EC5470BB99F.jpeg
1E4243B6-CA6E-4DDD-B7CD-8F6123DEE54D.jpeg

Recon

Established Member
My new favorite addition to a used Mustang... "signed by Jack Roush"

Yeah, it’s amusing to see. One of my cars has his signature on the dash. I learned from another Roush owner that he limits only two signatures per vehicle. I thought that was interesting to hear.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Beautiful SS. Care to share details on the HCI setup?
Machined 243 heads, valve job, decked to about 59 cc’s to raise compression, some porting. FAST mani, though that might be coming off, numbnuts speedshop I sent it off to over ported one of the runners, vacuum leak. This is why I typically do my own work, lol… Futral F13 camshaft, true dual exhaust, LTs and 4:10 gears… built T56 with Stage 2 monster clutch… its a fun car

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Stumbled on a 87-93 Foxbody today.

Stopped and talked to the owner. Odometer shows 39k, and he said he thinks 139k miles. Exterior is in really good shape (not mint) and the red interior seems to be about the same. I couldn’t find a spot of rust. Differential had some surface rust, but the frame and floors looked solid. Zero rust along the grooves in the hatch, nothing but smooth paint under the hood/inner fenders.

I am pretty sure I need to do some persuading on the wife, but what do you guys think I should offer?

I only stopped because it’s been outside for a week or so. Guy said it wasn’t for sale but he’s always willing to accept fair offers.

Part of me thinks he knows what it might be worth (see: foxbody insanity prices), but maybe offer up 9-10k and see what happens?

These car’s aren’t going to get cheaper, and I’ve wanted one for awhile.

Edit
Dark grey, red pinstripe, red interior, 5sp
View attachment 1759736
Valuing these cars is getting difficult. The car looks nice, really like the grey with red interior combo. It seems like 10K is the new pricing floor for anything decent. The days of buying nice foxes for 4-7K are forever gone. I would throw out 10K and see where the seller stands.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Machined 243 heads, valve job, decked to about 59 cc’s to raise compression, some porting. FAST mani, though that might be coming off, numbnuts speedshop I sent it off to over ported one of the runners, vacuum leak. This is why I typically do my own work, lol… Futral F13 camshaft, true dual exhaust, LTs and 4:10 gears… built T56 with Stage 2 monster clutch… its a fun car
Sounds like ~450whp. Very nice. Sucks about the intake though. Going with another fast?

Boy has this thread derailed. Lol

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Wow i really am losing out selling my 99 GT 3v new edge for 5k... Well atleast i know its going to a good home with a good friend of mine who will track it just like i was.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
On another note, a guy I work with just stole a 0 mile Godzilla, fan, starter, harness, fuel pump etc… for 4500

California’s loss is this dudes treasure. He’s building a Comet Fury. Wants to whipple it and have a toy.

Edit: he already has the Comet, ironically it was shipped from CA

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ill have this True Blue 01 vert cobra for sale in a few months with a fresh motor, possibly a blower and new black top, but that one is gonna be more lol!
Beautiful Cobra! I had a True Blue 01 Cobra with a Terminator swap, 6 speed, etc.

It would've been a headache keeping that car in Cali after all the crap they are enforcing. Was fun while it lasted.

Eddie_Drift

Established Member
Beautiful Cobra! I had a True Blue 01 Cobra with a Terminator swap, 6 speed, etc.

It would've been a headache keeping that car in Cali after all the crap they are enforcing. Was fun while it lasted.
Thanks. Yeah I'm making sure its smog legal so it'll sell easier but I might have blower kit with it should the new owner wanna put a blower on since it'll have forged internals.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
72machone99gt

He'll probably laugh at 9-10k ... maybe 14-15k shows your serious, especially if it's nice.

Follow up though.

Valuing these cars is getting difficult. The car looks nice, really like the grey with red interior combo. It seems like 10K is the new pricing floor for anything decent. The days of buying nice foxes for 4-7K are forever gone. I would throw out 10K and see where the seller stands.

I offered 9,500 assuming I could check out the torque boxes. They said no problem, take it out for a drive as well, but want 13,000

More than I’m willing to go, so I’ll say 11,000 and if it drives fine and checks out, I’ll do it.

Users who are viewing this thread