Used mustang prices...

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I went from an LS1 99 6spd formula with full bolt ons to an 01 cobra that I bought new… I was honestly a bit let down, but quickly remedied that with longtubes, bassani exhaust, 4.10s, anderson ford CAI and tune by Dom Orlando. This made a night and day difference…car put down near bolt-on LS1 numbers and I had no problem beating mildly modded fboats at the time… Now the 03 was a ****ing game changer, traded my 01 in with quickness!

Same. 99/01’s definitely weren’t anything to brag about stock, but mine with LT, cat-back, 4:10’s, JLT and tune ripped. Bolt on fbodies weren’t a problem. Cam and up, got gapped.

I’ll tell you what though, when i put a vortech on, it was an animal. I really miss that car.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Same. 99/01’s definitely weren’t anything to brag about stock, but mine with LT, cat-back, 4:10’s, JLT and tune ripped. Bolt on fbodies weren’t a problem. Cam and up, got gapped.

I’ll tell you what though, when i put a vortech on, it was an animal. I really miss that car.

I think the biggest issue was low end torque… those NA 4.6 Modmotors just didn’t have the grunt of a Chebby 350.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think the biggest issue was low end torque… those NA 4.6 Modmotors just didn’t have the grunt of a Chebby 350.
Gears and tune was night and day for the old dohc cammers… get that revving bitch wound up is key… Also turning off catalyst protection helped (ford dumped fuel above 5K to cool cats) caused the car to go pig rich and fall on its face (how my tuner explained it)…

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
She's got great cans!!
You are not wrong. Holy shit, haha.
C12ECF52-6115-4654-B3D3-DA1127513C60.jpeg

Tezz500

Established Member
The 4.6 n/a were always at a disadvantage because of that.

That’s why I never understood fiord going smaller when they already were giving up 48ci to the Chebbys…

Just didn’t make any sense to me… Thank the Car Gods SVT Had the balls to slap
That Eaton on the Termi.

Tezz500

Established Member
Gears and tune was night and day for the old dohc cammers… get that revving bitch wound up is key… Also turning off catalyst protection helped (ford dumped fuel above 5K to cool cats) caused the car to go pig rich and fall on its face (how my tuner explained it)…

But the truth remains, there is no replacement for displacement.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Stumbled on a 87-93 Foxbody today.

Stopped and talked to the owner. Odometer shows 39k, and he said he thinks 139k miles. Exterior is in really good shape (not mint) and the red interior seems to be about the same. I couldn’t find a spot of rust. Differential had some surface rust, but the frame and floors looked solid. Zero rust along the grooves in the hatch, nothing but smooth paint under the hood/inner fenders.

I am pretty sure I need to do some persuading on the wife, but what do you guys think I should offer?

I only stopped because it’s been outside for a week or so. Guy said it wasn’t for sale but he’s always willing to accept fair offers.

Part of me thinks he knows what it might be worth (see: foxbody insanity prices), but maybe offer up 9-10k and see what happens?

These car’s aren’t going to get cheaper, and I’ve wanted one for awhile.

Edit
Dark grey, red pinstripe, red interior, 5sp
94474E18-970C-4527-B2B4-236D85E0BD60.jpeg

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Must have been. Same day I made my pass I had two friends there with 2.73 autos and neither trapped anywhere near 108...
Yeah they must have dropped an LS6 in that ****er :D I am half joking, lol, some late 02s did end up with LS6 blocks, but not the ls6 cam or 243 heads.. I actually don’t doubt his numbers. A stripper A4 Z28 in good air could run that number. The 01/02 cars did get 241 heads an improvement over the old 853s, LS6 intake manifold, if I recall correctly slightly improved cam profile.

robvas

Established Member
Yeah they must have dropped an LS6 in that ****er :D I am half joking, lol, some late 02s did end up with LS6 blocks, but not the ls6 cam or 243 heads.. I actually don’t doubt his numbers. A stripper A4 Z28 in good air could run that number. The 01/02 cars did get 241 heads an improvement over the old 853s, LS6 intake manifold, if I recall correctly slightly improved cam profile.
Only option mine had was the chrome 16" wheels

q6543

Established Member
72machone99gt

He'll probably laugh at 9-10k ... maybe 14-15k shows your serious, especially if it's nice.

Follow up though.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
72machone99gt

He'll probably laugh at 9-10k ... maybe 14-15k shows your serious, especially if it's nice.

Follow up though.

Yea, he very well might.

But, maybe he’ll be high on meth and ready to deal when I get back with him.

robvas

Established Member
Chrome snowflakes? Gag!!! Lol… I got rid of those with the quickness on my NBM 01 Z/28
I was like 21 and broke from the car payment so I put those Eagle 077's or whatever on them...lol

Should have kept my 17" SS wheels I had on my 1997

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I thought 98-00 had a slightly more aggressive cam than 01-02, but they made up for it with the ls6 intake, making it a wash? Not that anyone kept the stock cams anyway..

Users who are viewing this thread