Used mustang prices...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doesn't look like higher prices for used cars will end any time soon. In some/many cases, people have no choice but to switch from a new-car purchase to a used-car purchase with the new car market still being so unsteady. That pushes demand for used cars, which increases prices for used cars.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Found a clean 04 GT in comp orange with 160k and these days 4700 seems like a steal

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The regular new and used market is crazy and unpredictable. They underproduced and are spending money on EV like women unleased on their first craft sale after lockdown. Sports cars fall into the more discretionary side and there the softening economy will have more effect, I think, especially on the under $100,000 market. The higher end sports cars will continue to see buying pressure from the impending ICE/emission bans. Ferrari production was sold out for the next 2 years I believe.

Porsche is relatively the same, Lamborghini is coming off a record year of orders.

This is going to be the new norm for a while.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I haven't bought a burger there in about 2 decades, so I don't really keep up with prices. I remember a regular cheeseburger being $0.49 in the late 90s.
Not to swing this thread away from used car prices, but your post took me back when I worked at a McDonald's in 1965, when a hamburger was $.15 and a cheeseburger was $.20.

1965 McDonald's Prices
Hamburger - 15 cents
Cheeseburger - 20 cents
Double Hamburger - 28 cents
Double Cheeseburger - 38 cents
French Fries - 15 cents
Filet of Fish - 24 cents
Milk Shake - 22 cents

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Remember when you could get a clean New edge with under 100k for like 6-7k? Now these people want $10,000 for a 140k mile car

Remember when a 94-98 Cobra wasn't worth shit! Nobody wanted them. You could get a built one for 12k or could barely give a stock one away.

A clean Mach 1 used to be a $12-13,000 car and now they are $20k!

People want $15k for 100k mile cars with a couple useless mods like SR coilovers and a BBK TB. $15k for cars with a non intercooled S trim and the stock block. Even rusted out shit cars are listed for $7,000

I won't even get into S197 prices...

INSANITY

It's also somewhat funny to see a car listed and description is copy/pasted from this website or another mustang forum from a ten year old post!
This always happens to 20-30 year old enthusiast cars. Teens who drooled over these cars when they were new are now in their upper 30s or early 40s and have the money to buy what was their dream car. That combined with inflation, the current state of the used car market, the end of ICE and the lack of supply for cars that age you get higher prices.

LS WUT

Established Member
eh, if I buy it, it would be to leave at the cabin up in NC. I know I'd end up spending 1-2k on it to before I drop it off up there. Not sure I feel like doing all that to drive it 5x a year but it would be fun in the hills/mountains. I might upgrade my home theater subs instead.
Link?

robvas

Established Member
A car is still only worth what a buyer is willing to pay.
The " extra " high prices you see listed = a fishing expedition..

Yup. Plus people smoke a lot of crack now. Here is an example.

For just a little more you could get the ultra-clean blue one for sale on this forum

Attachments

• 722B6FB4-276E-44CD-BB91-746C42B8746C.jpeg
    722B6FB4-276E-44CD-BB91-746C42B8746C.jpeg
    811 KB · Views: 119

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, bad time to buy. Need to wait until the recession starts hitting main street. But i will also say your area has a big factor.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup. Plus people smoke a lot of crack now. Here is an example.

For just a little more you could get the ultra-clean blue one for sale on this forum

My buddy has been trying to sell his Cobra for a few months now. Crystal white 1997 Cobra with 89k. Stock other than exhaust and his fr500 wheel setup. 12k. I highly doubt that he is going to sell his for 18k.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
My buddy has been trying to sell his Cobra for a few months now. Crystal white 1997 Cobra with 89k. Stock other than exhaust and his fr500 wheel setup. 12k. I highly doubt that is going to sell his for 18k.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Don’t lowball bro… they know what they got!

q6543

Established Member
I know it's anecdotal, but for me at ford, this week is the most we've been scheduled since we've returned in 2020.

It looks like we actually have parts etc. to run a full 60 hour week. And we have several more slated into the backhalf of the year.

Broncos and rangers.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know it's anecdotal, but for me at ford, this week is the most we've been scheduled since we've returned in 2020.

It looks like we actually have parts etc. to run a full 60 hour week. And we have several more slated into the backhalf of the year.

Broncos and rangers.

I think that's definitely a result of Ford pushing to dealers what parts are available to order from. Cuts down on a lot of downtime at the plant.

01yellercobra

Established Member
A friend of mine is trying to get back into a performance car. He ranted to me through text the other day about a 2019 GT listed for $65K. It had wheels and tint and was listed as "built". I keep telling him to wait.

We're starting to look for a new vehicle for the wife and me being me I decided to try and find something a little more performance oriented. So I looked at a few Grand Cherokee SRT8's. And then quickly went back to looking at Edge ST's.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Everything is retarded, been keeping an eye out for another 03, shit with these prices might as well get an S197 GT500.
I was doing the same thing, but then decided that if I'm going to get another car that I rarely drive and drop $40k in the process, it may as well be something totally different. lol That's where the Z06 and CTS-V come into the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread