Used Bama vs sct x4

Crowd_Control

Established Member
I know there both made by sct but i can get them both used for 200 locally, which would you buy? Can the bama tuner run the sct canned tunes also? Cobra is pretty much stock right now. Will be getting it tuned locally in a few months with when all the mods are done.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Same thing. If you get the Bama one don't run a canned tune. Especially knowing nothing about it.

Crowd_Control

Established Member
I get the the dont run the canned bama tune. What im lookong for is can a bama tuner access the sct canned tunes, sorry maybe i wasnt really clear on that.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The BAMA tuner is nothing more than a rebadged SCT. You can load Steeda, VMP, or any other tune you would like.

Think of the tuner as a large USB. It will load what you ask of it. A tune is only a file.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
The BAMA X4 comes only with BAMA tunes. The SCT tunes are removed or disabled. However, as mentioned above you can add anybody else's tunes to it.

96gt02

Established Member
They are 100% the same, just the face plate is different, the bama one probably has custom bama tunes for some other car but the canned strategy tunes are all the SCT preloaded ones and the same on both. I sell tuners and often switch the face plates off these models depending what people want. the guts are the same.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
They are 100% the same, just the face plate is different, the bama one probably has custom bama tunes for some other car but the canned strategy tunes are all the SCT preloaded ones and the same on both. I sell tuners and often switch the face plates off these models depending what people want. the guts are the same.
How can I change the faceplate? I need to remove the BAMA logo off of my SCT. Plus, I don't want non car guys thinking I am cheering for the Tide.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coz

Established Member
Premium Member
When you first marry the SCT to your car it downloads the factory tune to your SCT. It is then available to reload. Highly recommend you diwdownl it to your PC afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread