US Military Parade - What do you think?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Waste of money, and pathetic as ****! You know who does such a parade? North Korea. They're the special olympics country of the world. We want to show off to them? That's sad to think we would even lower ourselves to that. We don't need to show off anything. You know who flaunts money? The person who is broke. The richest of the rich don't flaunt it.

Plus, we have wounded vets who don't even have ****ing legs anymore, and we DO NOT take proper care of them, but we have the thought to blow 20 million on a parade? Absolutely embarrassing.

SlySy

My son watches My Little Pony???wtf
Established Member
I don't like the sound of this. I always have thought it's funny when Russia and China paraded their latest and greatest stuff down Main St. Beijing or Moscow to show everybody what they have. We don't usually let people know what we have until it's coming for them. China builds a new Jet and they drive it down Main St. to show it off and let everybody know, we build a new jet and you'll maybe find out details 30 years from now, until the boondoggle of the F35 that is.

crazy4life

Established Member
I don’t get involved in these topics, but I’m giving my .02 on this. For starters this is the hypocrisy that exists on both sides of the political spectrum. Many of those saying you need to show the current commander in chief respect are the same ones who showed the last one no respect. To be clear, I’m not a fan of either Trump or Obama. Second, as a former vet in the Army I can safely say that the majority of the military would not be a fan of a dog and pony show parade. Most of us served for god, country, family, & after we joined each other. Not for the crooked, self serving political hacks who mention how great the military is in speeches and other times when it helps them politically, but do little to support it when it’s needed. 20million may be chump change in the grand scheme of things, but any amount $ that can go to help the many current or former military personnel that need help is money much better spent than a stupid ego boosting parade.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Former ARMY veteran here and this is the best post I have seen on this and every political topic. The permanent political class has the public fighting each other over the R's VS the D's while they are butt raping us and the country. Kudo's to you for speaking the truth even though most of the time it will fall on deaf ears.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My Father server 24 years and retired E9. The prospect of the kind of dog and pony show trump wants will have him spinning in his grave.
Your post will have him wanting to resurrect just so he could beat your butt. Your entire post screams blind loyalty with no thought to what is right or wrong. The world is not as black or white as you seem to think, nor is the military. He and I had many conversations about politics, and the direction this country was taking he disagreed with a lot of it but still did his duty. Shit, a lot of what you posted I did as a civilian. You really need to get over yourself

Ladies and Gentlemen, This is not a difficult decision. You either love this country or not. You either respect the military or not. If your in the military you should be proud to support your Commander in Chief, if not, get out at the 1st opportunity. You probably joined looking for a steady pay check, some benefits and free education and not to proudly serve at the will of the POTUS which happens to be in charge of the DoD. How many military folks want to take a piss test, deploy to undisclosed locations for months at a time, stand in line to drop off laundry in 125 degree heat, not be able to drink a beer, work 25 days straight/12 hour shifts, bunk up with three others or more, eat the same chow in the belly of a ship week end and week out, and the list goes on and on. I'm typing slow so you can understand. If you are in the military and bitching about this type of crap, think military parade...you should go directly to your commander and tell him/her you want out at the next opportunity.

If you are a civilian do you think your going to lose some $$ on your next tax refund? Really? Some say, "that money should be used for other stuff like, blah, blah, blah". Give me a break. Tell ya what we do. Take the $20M for the parade and divide it up and everybody in the US Military to include the Reserve components will get $10.00 each in their next pay check. Not that big of a number when you break it down, is it?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Damn people, you are overthinking it. It's a ****ing parade. We have done them before and we will do one again. If Obama had suggested it, everyone probably would have been shocked because we all know he hated the military complex. But regardless, it is the same shit we have done year in, year out but on a larger scale. Quit trying to claim it is part of some bigger scheme.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jenkins_1120

Established Member
c21ec7a423dcf3d918368a55d5596da6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strict9

Established Member
I think they need to figure out a way to put an aircraft carrier on a trailer and tow it down Pennsylvania Avenue with a bunch of M1 Abrams tanks!

Just keep in mind the left hates this country, our military and law enforcement.

That'd be fun to see, turns would be a bitch.

Just keep in mind, the military is pretty much 50-50 comprised of left and right. Not all lefts hate the military. And as a retired military person, I will agree the only people in the military that would enjoy this dog and pony show would be the assholes who "Play the game" just to get promoted or whatever. 99% of enlisted would ****ing cry.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
That'd be fun to see, turns would be a bitch.

Just keep in mind, the military is pretty much 50-50 comprised of left and right. Not all lefts hate the military. And as a retired military person, I will agree the only people in the military that would enjoy this dog and pony show would be the assholes who "Play the game" just to get promoted or whatever. 99% of enlisted would ****ing cry.
So far most of the officers I have asked have also said it is a dumb idea

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Sigh.........this would be a giant dog n pony show.....nobody who is still enlisted would want to go. Lord help my fellow M.P.'s who already have to play this game if they are anywhere near a dog n pony show base.....As its been said here take that 20 million and put it in updating the VA computer systems...I saw a dell 810 at a doctor's desk...bloody hell

Ken03KBGTvert

Established Member
If the homosexuals that currently serve in the military wanted to have a gay military pride parade or some shit like that, the exact same people that are 100% against Trump's parade would be 100% for it. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread