US Military Parade - What do you think?

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member

IMHO, I think it would be a wonderful thing, to show off our military might. Give the men and women a chance to show the public what they do, what skills they offer to defend our country and our allies. Personally, I would make a special trip to see our military and interact with our fighting men and women. Give the American people a chance to interact and converse with our men and women. I would love the chance to pay my respects. It would bring pride back to this country, to see our military up close and personal. It would give the soldiers a chance to educate people on the things they do, like a tank driver showing the public what he does. Where would the public ever get a chance to see that. Maybe there could be some demonstrations that could wow the public. Treat it like an air show, but include the entire military. We have car shows, boat shows, heavy equipment shows, SEMA and PRI, why not a military show. Wouldn't that get people fired up about our men and women? A bonus for the military, it could be a good recruitment tool. Let future soldiers see and talk to the men and women they would be serving with. They have ceremonies for Olympics, this could be the ultimate American ceremony. Bring back American Pride and let the military lead the way.

I would love to hear from active members and veterans. Am I off base for feeling this way?

Nukem1040

Established Member
These are photos none of you have seen. While we were deployed over in Europe, I accepted to send 20 of my Soldiers to participate in this event. They were able to meet the POTUS and other distinguished VIP personnel.
Either way, I’m pretty sure this is what sparked the POTUS on this and what he envisions with a military parade.

4f7a908e2f5b88fd1dc0921641276cff.jpg
8e5ccbd754f81e0f6a5303876d5344c7.jpg
b98b313899827189da6d85fda66fd573.jpg
87ab954d28b36db57663a6f38636f00c.jpg
321d9072f99105c36ad55a0ad7a495c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unfortunately this idea is being skewered in the le
These are photos none of you have seen. While we were deployed over in Europe, I accepted to send 20 of my Soldiers to participate in this event. They were able to meet the POTUS and other distinguished VIP personnel.
Either way, I’m pretty sure this is what sparked the POTUS on this and what he envisions with a military parade.

View attachment 1463909View attachment 1463910View attachment 1463911View attachment 1463912View attachment 1463913

What an honor. Those soldiers will never forget that.

And thank you for your service.

Nukem1040

Established Member
Unfortunately this idea is being skewered in the le

What an honor. Those soldiers will never forget that.

And thank you for your service.

Was not a easy task to get them coordinated in this parade, but proud to have made history and send them to this 100yr Anniversary parade.

Thank you and all those out there for your support for us Service members, we appreciate it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The negative talk about this is way off base. We do parades all the time (hence why every single base has a parade deck) for commanders and generals... well Trump is the Commander in Chief. So to say he is wrong for this or a dictator like some have said is completely inaccurate and irresponsible.

The downside is that it takes a lot of preparation which means those involved will miss out on valuable training, and they will hate their lives for being selected and having to do rehearsals for weeks on end. But ultimately it ia worth it and the end result will be of value and something each of them will never forget.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
I hope they do it. Have the biggest Military Parade (with large machinery in tow) this country has ever seen. Include the State, Local Law Enforcement and Firemen/First Responders. Let the Liberal Snowflakes hug each other in fear, that Trump is ready to come and get them.

Thank each and every one of you for your service........past and present.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I can’t remember the occasion. But I marched in a parade in Tucson, AZ years ago. It was fun.

I see what the Col is saying though, and I would tend to agree with him. But the services have HUGE recruiting budgets. So if the money came from that, then I wouldn’t complain.

raustin0017

Established Member
Not a waste of $$$. They said it could cost up to $20M which is less than two refrigerators on AF One.
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/...-refrigerators-to-cost-nearly-24-million.html

Let's hold the biggest parade ever and keep marching to the nearest flight-line and salt water dock then load every thing up and go and wipe out NK before the short fat man can toss up a nuke towards his selected target. On the way home we can drop in on Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq. After we clean up that crap we can give the boys/girls some R&R down in Mexico to take care of the drug cartel...let them keep all the $$$ they find to beef up their retirement plans.

One and done...everybody's home by Christmas.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I support it. 20 million is peanuts compared to what our government wastes on REALLY stupid shit like:

Two students from the University of Washington were given a $1.3 million grant from the National Science Foundation to investigate how a foam koozie keeps a can of cold beer cool on a hot day – findings that were published in Physics Today. University of Washington professor Dale Durran was quoted as saying, “Probably the most important thing a beer koozie does is not simply insulate the can but keep condensation from forming on the outside of it.” Hmm. That scientific insight cost taxpayers more than $1 million.

There are literally HUNDREDS of similar examples yet the dickless demoCRAPS & Liberals are whining about spending .002% of the budget on a parade. PATHETIC!!!

U.M.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't really care one way or another.

I understand the spending argument and the reverse that we the people spend money on lots of dumb stuff.

IMO, there is not enough support and respect for the people that serve, a parade might impress some young minds. That would be worth 20M

E

Users who are viewing this thread