UPR shifter installed - horrible buzzing, thoughts??

SirJAG

Established Member
Installed the shifter this weekend and went for a drive...

1)didnt tighten down the 4 corner bolts completely, because i was afraid of stripping them, this caused the bottom portion to not fully engage so when redline shifting into 2nd and 4th was missing horribly. this was corrected by just tightening the bolts till they didnt move anymore... dumb rookie mistake

2) now i have a horrible buzz in the shifter when > 3000 rpms in 1st, 3rd, 5th only...

does anyone have a fix for that? i have an aftermarket ball (from american muscle). i tried adjusting the height of the arm (wich is a really neat feature of the upr shifter) and that didnt effect anything.

thoughts??

JAG

scott_0

Established Member
its the nature of the beast when installing anything that makes things tighter, did you install a shift bracket too? my Barton setup does it a little too

SirJAG

Established Member
i already had the shift bracket installed yes...a barton...

i picked up this shfiter used from a forum member for $75, for that price i coulnt really be happier!

IA Shelby

Established Member
Installed the shifter this weekend and went for a drive...

1)didnt tighten down the 4 corner bolts completely, because i was afraid of stripping them, this caused the bottom portion to not fully engage so when redline shifting into 2nd and 4th was missing horribly. this was corrected by just tightening the bolts till they didnt move anymore... dumb rookie mistake

2) now i have a horrible buzz in the shifter when > 3000 rpms in 1st, 3rd, 5th only...

does anyone have a fix for that? i have an aftermarket ball (from american muscle). i tried adjusting the height of the arm (wich is a really neat feature of the upr shifter) and that didnt effect anything.

thoughts??

JAG

Your sounds much worse than normal. I would go over it again. If that doesn't change put some dynamat around it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Did you take the little plastic cup off of the ball end of the stock shifter and transfer it to the replacement one?

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread