upr o/r X with mac catback sound clip

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member
Agreed lol. A 3 minute vid of a car sitting in a garage idleing isnt to fun to watch, haha.

then don't watch mofo.:banana: some people are curious about how certain exhausts might sound. fyi... i happened to listen to a cobra with a mac cb while its sitting in the f@$*g garage idling.

zeus201

Established Member
Sounds exactly like mine, but it's really raspy with the Bassani X...which I actually like though.

03zycobra

Established Member
That is my favorite sounding exhaust setup for a Cobra EVER!
I used to have it and I would probably switch back to it if Mac didn't fit like complete shit.

Then try the UPR or/x and Flowmaster Super 40's. They sound about the same. Quality of the Flowmasters is better.

rexisme

Established Member
Then try the UPR or/x and Flowmaster Super 40's. They sound about the same. Quality of the Flowmasters is better.

ya i just watched that vid of that setup on the soundboard. Sounds awesome except that the tips look like shit.

03zycobra

Established Member
ya i just watched that vid of that setup on the soundboard. Sounds awesome except that the tips look like shit.

I hated the tips also so I cut them off and went with Flowmaster 3.5 inch 15 degree rolled polished stainless steel tip. Looks much better!

kameleon23

Established Member

That is the exact setup that i had. Then i decided to put a prochamber on and see how i liked it..one day later im ready to put the xpipe back on. IMO the xpipe sounds much better than the prochamber!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
That is the exact setup that i had. Then i decided to put a prochamber on and see how i liked it..one day later im ready to put the xpipe back on. IMO the xpipe sounds much better than the prochamber!

+1 i agree upr x way better than the prochamber.

NateV8

Established Member
get a prochamber instead its the best sound alive, X pipes are for wimps :p
X pipes for wimps? Prochamber is a lot quieter than an O/R X, wimp.:nono:

I've heard Flowmasters with UPR O/R X and I'm not a fan at all of it. Way too quiet and not as deep as Mac. Flowmasters don't sound good at all IMO.:nonono:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Well guys i sold my prochamber last week and few days ago i put on my UPR X pipe with the Mac catback. I must say its pretty damn loud, a little raspy but thats fine. Im loving this setup right now.

93Coupe

Established Member
i just installed my Bassani off-road x-pipe and Mac 3" cat-back a couple weeks ago and i love it. its a lot louder than i was expecting but it sounds awesome. mine fit great and for those with uneven tips, you can adjust them. i centered mine up where i wanted them and then tightened the allen screw on the hanger and it held where i wanted it. i also tucked the tips in and have them just about even with the cutouts, looks much better than the people that have the tips sticking out the back past the bumper.

i say if you are looking for an exhaust setup for the Cobra, go with this one. it sounds amazing and also Mac no longer does the black coating, its all aluminized now

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
i just installed my Bassani off-road x-pipe and Mac 3" cat-back a couple weeks ago and i love it. its a lot louder than i was expecting but it sounds awesome. mine fit great and for those with uneven tips, you can adjust them. i centered mine up where i wanted them and then tightened the allen screw on the hanger and it held where i wanted it. i also tucked the tips in and have them just about even with the cutouts, looks much better than the people that have the tips sticking out the back past the bumper.

i say if you are looking for an exhaust setup for the Cobra, go with this one. it sounds amazing and also Mac no longer does the black coating, its all aluminized now

are you sure about them not doing the black coating. i think you might have got an older design because the style of tip your refering to is an older design. i may be wrong but i just recently bought a c/b from mac direct and i spoke with the reps about it alot.

93Coupe

Established Member
i ordered mine through a MAC dealer and the cat-back i got was a new design. mine is not black anywhere

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Yeah they no longer do the durablack coating or whatever. I had to cut the catback and reweld it in order to fit the upr x pipe.

93Coupe

Established Member
i have never messed with the older cat-back but mine fit awesome. the only thing i had to do was align the tips where i wanted them

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
thats the first time ive heard of the catback being cut. why did you have to cut the c/b.

The upr x pipe would not fit with the mac catback, even if i took the cb off the hangers and try to adjust it and push it back as far as i can it would hit the fuel tank and still not enough room to bolt up to the upr. The left side was cut about 1" and the right side was cut 1/2" and then rewelded on. I just hope that it will fit on my stock h pipe when it comes down to getting my car smogged.

Users who are viewing this thread