upgrade 2010 CAI or keep it?

charged87

Established Member
Looking to get a pulley and tune kit for now... car is all stock, just don't know if a new cai is needed like the JTL 127mm setup or is it overkill for what I'm doing. Also what's your favorite pulley size and company or kit to go with.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Lots of companies such as Revan (Thanks Tob! Damn fat fingers!) racing, Lethal Performance and VMP have package deals with a pulley, CAI, tuner and tune for killer prices because of bundling them together. I'd recommend doing the CAI at the same time so you don't have to get a retune a month later when you want more power.;-)

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
This JTL and Revam Racing...jeesh. Couldn't they have been more original when name picking?

:p

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
stick you with stock CAI. just add a better filter on the end. I would not was money on a CAI that you do not need.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
All you need is a pulley and tune package (VMP tuning or revan racing as other have said). The stock CAI will be all you need with the stock supercharger. The throttle body is more of a restriction than the intake.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What are your long range plans for the car ? ......( have a plan, buy once & done.. )
If they include a blower upgrade & headers, a CAI makes sense.

charged87

Established Member
Only looking to do a tvs in the future so that's why I mentioned getting the bigger cai. How big is the stock mass air housing in these? I was only planning on getting a better filter and resonator delete pipe for now like mentioned above.

Reis racing

Established Member
Go tvs or stay home, cause that drop top Zl1 will be huntin u and PJ down. Your stock mass air is 113mm, come by tomorrow to size up my JLT

charged87

Established Member
Go tvs or stay home, cause that drop top Zl1 will be huntin u and PJ down. Your stock mass air is 113mm, come by tomorrow to size up my JLT

Lol I'll let you take care of the ZL1... not looking to make it a race car.. I already have one of those money pits parked on the side it right now. I'll call you when I can come over.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
Every GT500 should have a TVS on it! hahaha, im just being serious.

These cars literally have the capability of being turned in to 10 second cars that drive like grocery getters out of the boost ... pretty cool.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
You also do not need a aftermarket cai to run a tvs on a 2010-2014 gt500. As stated by another user the stock throttle body is more restriction than anything

charged87

Established Member
You also do not need a aftermarket cai to run a tvs on a 2010-2014 gt500. As stated by another user the stock throttle body is more restriction than anything

What's the best TB to go with on these?

nxhappy

Established Member
if you are getting a TVS just save your money and then buy a JLT 123 or 127. I learned the hard way lol

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What's the best TB to go with on these?
I personally like frpp 65mm throttle body. They just work with no issues.

if you are getting a TVS just save your money and then buy a JLT 123 or 127. I learned the hard way lol

Why? There's nothing wrong with the stock one. Sounds like you still didn't learn. since your telling the op to spend money he doesnt have too.

nxhappy

Established Member
Why? There's nothing wrong with the stock one. Sounds like you still didn't learn. since your telling the op to spend money he doesnt have too.

So you are saying there is no HP gain between a stock 2010 intake vs a JLT ? That doesn't make sense .......he is planning on a TVS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread