upgrade 2010 CAI or keep it?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So you are saying there is no HP gain between a stock 2010 intake vs a JLT ? That doesn't make sense .......he is planning on a TVS.

Thats exactly what im saying. If the restriction is in the throttle body, buying a cai is a waste of money. gt500 with a tvs and stock cai with a bigget throttle can make 650hp. making more than that will need a bigger cai.

nxhappy

Established Member
Thats exactly what im saying. If the restriction is in the throttle body, buying a cai is a waste of money. gt500 with a tvs and stock cai with a bigget throttle can make 650hp. making more than that will need a bigger cai.

yes, and we also recommended OP an aftermarket TB lol.....

I realize he doesn't NEED a CAI or TB, but it would go nicely with a TVS

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
yes, and we also recommended OP an aftermarket TB lol.....

I realize he doesn't NEED a CAI or TB, but it would go nicely with a TVS

:shrug: still a waste of money to buy a cai when there is no gain for the setup he is going to use. Not sure why you dont seem to get that.

Op asked if it was needed. Answer no it is not needed.

nxhappy

Established Member
:shrug: still a waste of money to buy a cai when there is no gain for the setup he is going to use. Not sure why you dont seem to get that.

Op asked if it was needed. Answer no it is not needed.

Not sure why you're being a prick. We recommended a tb and cai IF he goes with a tvs. Of course none of this is needed...no mods are needed we just do it for performance gains.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not sure why you're being a prick. We recommende tb and cai IF he goes with a tvs. Of course none of this is needed...no mods are needed we just do it for performance gains.

Seems you are getting butt hurt because you still dont understand. There wont be a gain for a cai when there isn't a restriction in the stock cai.

Users who are viewing this thread