Updates On Horsepower And Pricing

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
bnglcat said:
Yeah, I Read that post a few days ago. My question was kind of vague, so here goes with a better one now that I have had more coffee.

Is it recommended that I get the plenum port matched to the SC? For $30, it would seem stupid not to. Also, are the Billetflow Throttle bodies typically matched with the plenum? Or might I want to think about getting the plenum port matched to the throttle body as well?
When I called to order my Stieg, I asked if port matching my Accufab yeilded any worthwhile gains, I was told "it doesn't," so I didn't.

Talk to Doug @ BF about your other ?'s.

JSHTROD

Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
Stiegemeier Ported Supercharger,Throttle Body and Plenum Do Not Require Additional Tuning. (dyno to check A/F and HP/TQ numbers)

Wait wait wait...

I have a 03 with full exhaust, CAI, and 2.76 that makes 465rwhp and 485rwtq -SAE- on a Shawn Ellis Tune (22deg timing and 12.0:1 AFR thru the tailpipes with cats, on 91 octane).

You're telling me that with a fully done ported blower, TB and plenum I don't need a retune?

:poke:

Last edited:

dynobobstieg

A Stieg III Ported Blower is a Very Cost Effective Power Adder that does NOT Need a Re-Tune UNLESS you add a More Pulley or Other Major Mods. I like to run a 2.7 Upper, Stock Lower with a single idler (15 #s boost) or a 3.0 Upper, 4# Lower (16#s boost) These combos can be run with a Stock Fuel System (street strip). Long course road race Cobra should have Upgraded Fuel System. Remember when your MAF pegs at 5800 this just so happens to be your Power Peak So Shift. You can Add Fuel to a pegged MAF thru SCT Software ask your Tuner. :thumbsup:

MikeW

Established Member
JSHTROD,
The port did not change my RWTD tune one bit with the 2.76 upper and I will be adding a 2lb lower and BAP as soon as I have time to put them on. I did have a MAF-X before the port as well.

MIke

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Stiegemeier said:
Yes you can stay with the 2.76 and 2# Lower with stock fuel system.

Hey there...I have your stage 3 port combo with a 2.76 upper and 4 idlers and stock lower. At redline I'm at 97-99% fuel pump duty cycle. Fuel pressure is fine, but I was wondering if adding a 2 lb lower would push me over the edge? What's your opinion?

MikeW

Established Member
StngStr said:
Hey there...I have your stage 3 port combo with a 2.76 upper and 4 idlers and stock lower. At redline I'm at 97-99% fuel pump duty cycle. Fuel pressure is fine, but I was wondering if adding a 2 lb lower would push me over the edge? What's your opinion?

I'm in the same range as you are. I see 96% duty cycle. As I stated above a BAP will go on at the same time my 2lb lowr does. I will add injectors (60lb) when I get a chance.

:beer:

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Anything else needed ????

Will i need anything else if i put this combo together ?
stage three port & polish SC,TB/PLNM 2.93 upper 4lb lower
Like injectors,pumps,maf ex , ???, ??
Thanks
D :read:

Last edited:

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Steg,
Im sending you my blower next week for a stage 3. Is a 2.8\2lb lower about the same as 2.93\4lb lower? Wondering if belt slip will be worse with the 2.8. Thanks

jason

gunslinger

Established Member
i have an 04 with only a k&n fipk and magnaflow cb. everything else stock can i put a stage lll blower and tb port on with no other mods or computer tune stock boost also. if so what kind of power should i expect. thanks for info.

RixSikcobra04

gunslinger said:
i have an 04 with only a k&n fipk and magnaflow cb. everything else stock can i put a stage lll blower and tb port on with no other mods or computer tune stock boost also. if so what kind of power should i expect. thanks for info.

I'm not saying you HAVE to have a tune because, honestly, I'm not sure if our computers can adjust or not to the mods. To me, however, the question isn't "do I need a tune with this new setup?", but WHICH tune are ya gonna get?

Seems to me you are gonna leave alot of power on the table if ya don't get a tune AND a smaller upper, bigger lower, or both. I would think the gains would be minimal with the ported blower only since the potential is not even close to being realized. I believe all of advertised Stieges' numbers are based on port and tune/pulley combos. Steige?/Anyone?

dynobobstieg

2thman said:
Steg,
Im sending you my blower next week for a stage 3. Is a 2.8\2lb lower about the same as 2.93\4lb lower? Wondering if belt slip will be worse with the 2.8. Thanks

jason

Belt slip worse with 2.8 pulley (use idlers)
2.9 or 3.0 Upper with 4#Lower :thumbsup:

wizdawg

aka... Brian
Established Member
why does it seem like so many people fall short of the 500/500 mark with the stage III? Is it all in the supporting mods?

Steig-- What supporting mods are recommended/needed to hit the 500/500 level?

Sambandit-- How did you ever achive those numbers? Especially the torque?

RixSikcobra04

wizdawg said:
why does it seem like so many people fall short of the 500/500 mark with the stage III? Is it all in the supporting mods?

Gotta have the supporting mods + a good tune. I obtained my numbers with a Stage III, 2.8, CAI, exhaust and 23* timing/tune. With a 2-4 pound lower, in theory I'd be around 520 ish/540 ish.

Sambandit's car is a freak :beer:

edit: my sig was cut out. 512/498

Last edited by a moderator:

dynobobstieg

wizdawg said:

We send out informational packets with all our ported blowers. We call everyone once the blower gets here and we will be happy to answer any of your questions at that time also. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread