UPDATED: SVTP Dyno Day Huntington WV 3/19

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
What if most of the people are not going to install a mod while there. Will it still be $1,000?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
A dyno session should be under a $100. for a couple pulls so we need over 10 vehicles there to make it affordable for all. I paid $75.00 for two pulls at "Stropes" in Wash, PA, but we were with SVTOA (Pittsburgh Chapter) and had over 10 cars.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yes, Rick has the ability to tune. He has sent me several trying to get mine dialed in. What would be the point of going to them to get a dyno tune if they couldn't fine tune across the whole band.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Yes, Rick has the ability to tune. He has sent me several trying to get mine dialed in. What would be the point of going to them to get a dyno tune if they couldn't fine tune across the whole band.
I don't know that much about it but just telling ya what I heard. I'm leaning towards "Paul's Automotive Engineering" since they have been building drag cars for 20 years, have thier own in house machine shop, 30 car bays, dyno chassis and a 20,000sq ft facility. They are experts with Ford Mustangs. They build top fuel cars as seen in recent MMFF issue.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
A dyno session should be under a $100. for a couple pulls so we need over 10 vehicles there to make it affordable for all. I paid $75.00 for two pulls at "Stropes" in Wash, PA, but we were with SVTOA (Pittsburgh Chapter) and had over 10 cars.

Hissman - Are you sure that Amazon does "Custom" tunning? Correct me if I'm wrong but a good source told me Amazon Racing doesn't have the capabilities to do actual "Custom" tunning, but that they have a plethora of pre-made tunes from Diablo Sport for many diff applications. This is the reason why I'm electing to go to Paul's in Cinci, they have the capability to make true custom tunes specific for each application.

whoever told you that is misinforming you..and I would really like to know who is saying such things..
we tune with Diablosport as well as SCT..all our tunes have been dyno developed on our in house chassis dyno with Chipmaster Revolution and SCT live tuning software..Rick has been tuning 03/04 Cobras since they have been on the market and has tuned hundreds and hundreds of them as well as Lightnings,PSdiesels and other Ford and GM products. I would be happy to discuss his tuning abilities and qualifications with you if you are still doubtful. after all it is better to go to the source than listen to people who know nothing about our business or tuning capabilities..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
:beer: Linn, Does rick have the capability to tune a 2002 WS6 Trans-am? We have a Predator for it, but only the canned tune.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
whoever told you that is misinforming you..and I would really like to know who is saying such things..
we tune with Diablosport as well as SCT..all our tunes have been dyno developed on our in house chassis dyno with Chipmaster Revolution and SCT live tuning software..Rick has been tuning 03/04 Cobras since they have been on the market and has tuned hundreds and hundreds of them as well as Lightnings,PSdiesels and other Ford and GM products. I would be happy to discuss his tuning abilities and qualifications with you if you are still doubtful. after all it is better to go to the source than listen to people who know nothing about our business or tuning capabilities..

And of course competition is going to always mislead. If not always, most of the time anyways.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Linn@AmazonRacing said:

Well said! Not that I doubted. Pauls has been working with mustangs for years but Rick specializes in the Terminator. Brian I think you will win either way but my pick would be to get an Amazon tune.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
BigBeez03 said:
I don't know that much about it but I talked with Tom at "Paul's" and he said Rick's tunes are not actually programed by him, he gets them over the net directly from Diablo Sport and then tries to match them with customers cars. If you think about it, it makes sense, it wouldn't take a whole lot of experience to do this. Besides Rick at Amazon has only been messing with tunning since the Terminator came out, and Amazon Racing is not even his primary job! Not saying he isn't good but I want the best for my baby. :D
I'm leaning towards "Paul's Automotive Engineering" since they have been building drag cars for 20 years, have thier own in house machine shop, 30 car bays, dyno chassis and a 20,000sq ft facility. They are experts with Ford Mustangs. They build top fuel cars as seen in recent MMFF issue.

well I certainly see many discrepancies here..and I am really shocked that Tom would say all this..Rick has been at Pauls doing tuning on a vehicle for a 5.0 article..and has the highest regard for them.

Rick has been tuning since 1998 and the 03 almost exclusively since they came out..90% of all vehicles our shop on any given day are 03/04 Cobras.
AR is very much Ricks primary job..althought I dont know why that would make any difference about his abilities..
tuning mustangs and tuning 03 Cobras are 2 different things..just because some one is good with mustangs in general doesnt mean they are good at tuning 03 Cobras..there are very few tuners who have tuned as many 03/04 Cobras as Rick has and all the owners of those cars wanted the best for their babies too...including 3 of the 15 Saleen 04 Cobras residing in the US

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
:beer: Linn, Does rick have the capability to tune a 2002 WS6 Trans-am? We have a Predator for it, but only the canned tune.

yes he can we have some intimidating Corvettes and TransAms running around here that Rick tuned..

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Hey Linn, I'm not trying to stir up trouble I'm just relaying what I was told. I have no doubt that Rick has tuned more 03/04s than anyone else but you guys really advertise heavily and owe a great deal of your business to this very site. Paul's on the other hand does NO advertising, they don't even have a website but they are known for their work by word of mouth and performance. I'm sure that both Amazon and Paul's are good with Terminators and would trust either to work on my car. I've never heard anything negative from a Cobra owner about Amazon Racing.

I still haven't made up my mind on where to go, it's 4 hours for me either way to Paul's in Cinci or Amazon in MD. I was just leaning towards Paul's based on what I heard and since they have been in the business longer. You have to admit that with Paul's experience and facilities they are very capable of hopping up my Cobra. Did you know they even port their own blowers and make their own subframe connectors among other parts?

Hissman/Sid - do you guys know a guy named Mark from Charleston who owns a 10th Annie 03? He is on this site, he is a ford mechanic and he took his Terminator to Paul's as well.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
The point here is that you were given erroneous facts and a biased opinion from a competing vendor about our business. This is a thread about a dyno day that we have offered to attend so people in that area who dont have the option to travel to our shop can benefit from Ricks experience and expertise.Whether causing trouble was intended or not is irrelevant at this point. . an informed decision can now be made based on true facts and not error.conjecture and biased opinion.

Rick is known for his knowledge and experience with 03/04 Cobras because we specilize in that vehicle and the fact that we are involved heavily with this site has nothing whatsoever to do with Ricks capabilities as a tuner. Rick has 30 years of hands on experience of restoring,rebuilding and general Mustangs and Ford Trucks performance.He is a college graduate with 2 engineering degrees. He has been tuning modular motor cars since before many of the top name tuners out there right now.. Some of them he has even tuned vehicles for before they got into the performance business.

We have travelled with NMRA for 3 years and have started to do dyno days in different select parts of the country to make ourselves available to our customers who have put their trust in us but dont have the option of travelling to MD.

Rick has the highest regard for the tuning abilities of Mike Wilson @ Pauls and the accomplishments the shop has acheived.

We do Eaton,and stock TB/PL porting also and Pauls has purchased our 03 Cobra parts on several occasions.

With all due respect under these same circumstances Im sure you wouldnt appreciate someone posting information about you that is incorrectand could jeopardize your livelihood ..Especially when they could have called you to verify before splashing it all over the internet..

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
The point here is that you were given erroneous facts and a biased opinion from a competing vendor about our business. This is a thread about a dyno day that we have offered to attend so people in that area who dont have the option to travel to our shop can benefit from Ricks experience and expertise.Whether causing trouble was intended or not is irrelevant at this point. . an informed decision can now be made based on true facts and not error.conjecture and biased opinion.

Rick is known for his knowledge and experience with 03/04 Cobras because we specilize in that vehicle and the fact that we are involved heavily with this site has nothing whatsoever to do with Ricks capabilities as a tuner. Rick has 30 years of hands on experience of restoring,rebuilding and general Mustangs and Ford Trucks performance.He is a college graduate with 2 engineering degrees. He has been tuning modular motor cars since before many of the top name tuners out there right now.. Some of them he has even tuned vehicles for before they got into the performance business.

We have travelled with NMRA for 3 years and have started to do dyno days in different select parts of the country to make ourselves available to our customers who have put their trust in us but dont have the option of travelling to MD.

Rick has the highest regard for the tuning abilities of Mike Wilson @ Pauls and the accomplishments the shop has acheived.

We do Eaton,and stock TB/PL porting also and Pauls has purchased our 03 Cobra parts on several occasions.

With all due respect under these same circumstances Im sure you wouldnt appreciate someone posting information about you that is incorrectand could jeopardize your livelihood ..Especially when they could have called you to verify before splashing it all over the internet..

:beer: Good to know about the Ability to tune a TA. That may be one more for the list then. ;-)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
You also may be able to count Jeremy twice. He may be bringing down His L, and his wife's '05 350 Z.

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Linn@AmazonRacing said:
Sorry guys, last post on this.....
Linn I certainly appreciate everything you've said and have learned from this thread about the capabilities of Amazon Racing. I was not "splashing all over the net" or I would have posted a thread in the main Terminator forum. I was just talking amongst a couple of SVT owners that live in my state in a sub sub sub thread, meant to be read by just the few of us who have SVTs in WV and are on this site. Again no harm intended, just talking with the fellas about what I heard from a source that I thought was reputable.
Fellas - I probably will not be comming to the dyno day since everyone is pissed at me.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Who is pissed at you?? It was just a missunderstanding man. Your still cool in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread