Update on the vibe

docs03

Established Member
Spoke to my dealer today (8-26-02) He indicated the DS's we are waiting for will be ready to ship out on Friday. So probably by Tuesday or Wednesday the dealer should have it.

Anyone else check with their dealers??

Thanks

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by docs03
Spoke to my dealer today (8-26-02) He indicated the DS's we are waiting for will be ready to ship out on Friday. So probably by Tuesday or Wednesday the dealer should have it.

Anyone else check with their dealers??

Thanks

Wooo hooo! That'ld be great! I've not checked back w/ mine, no. If I hear anything different, I'll let you know.

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
No go for this week

My car, number 5847, originally had a delivery date set for this week. I called Ford VOPC and now it has been shifted to the week following Labor Day. :kaboom:

I mentioned to the rep that it was most likely held for the pull/vibration issues and she stated "It will not show that." I said, "Of course it won't." :dw:

Soooo...if anybody gets their car in the week of the 26th, let us know. I sure hope mine gets here ASAP...I NEED it for reliable transportation. Ugh...:(

docs03

Established Member
DS

Got a call from my dealer today that the "new" DS will be in today. I have an appointment on 9-3-02 for the install. The field engineer will be at the dealership on 9-4-02 to make sure everything is correct.

Let's hope this takes care of it.

doc

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Re: DS

Originally posted by docs03
Got a call from my dealer today that the "new" DS will be in today. I have an appointment on 9-3-02 for the install. The field engineer will be at the dealership on 9-4-02 to make sure everything is correct.

Let's hope this takes care of it.

doc

More good news! I'm trying to get through to my dealer right now.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Re: No go for this week

Originally posted by JoeAsheville
My car, number 5847, originally had a delivery date set for this week. I called Ford VOPC and now it has been shifted to the week following Labor Day. :kaboom:

I mentioned to the rep that it was most likely held for the pull/vibration issues and she stated "It will not show that." I said, "Of course it won't." :dw:

Soooo...if anybody gets their car in the week of the 26th, let us know. I sure hope mine gets here ASAP...I NEED it for reliable transportation. Ugh...:(

I just picked mine up today. It was one of those on "Quality Control" hold.

NO VIBRATION AT 80 MPH OR FASTER:D

NO PULLING TO THE LEFT OR RIGHT:D

2nd Run Cobras look good so far!!!!!

Venomous1

Established Member
Wow, I wish I had known about this place sooner. I picked up my new '03 Cobra Monday night and all seemed well. I traded in a '00 Saleen S281 and after driving a bit, I decided to see what this Cobra had. I was not impressed as the Saleen seemed to be only slightly slower than the new Cobra. Break in perhaps, and I did not take it very high in the rpms. I decided to see what I could find out about the new Cobras and, in my searches about "lack of power" and such, I found this web site. With some of the info from people here, I have now also noticed that the boost will "trail off" no matter what the position of the accelerator. So, it would certainly appear that I have blocked cats (they are also starting to "blue" as described in some other posts and I only have 200 miles on the car) and I checked for the dreaded vibration....ugh, it's there. I took it to the dealer and they told me they have not heard of either one of these problems, but they would take a look at it. So, this Friday, it goes in for diagnosis. I'll keep you all posted on any new info.

By the way, thanks to everyone for all of the good information!

TPOC

Established Member
Well, it appears as though I have finally convinced my dealer to order the drive shaft. I had to drive him around in my car at 80 so he could see what I was seeing.

He was going to take a d/s off of a new cobra that was in the showroom, but I guess they decided to order one. I suppose now I just have to wait. At least I got over the first major hurdle. Now I just hope it fixes it.

They also have it in the body shop now to add the clear coat on the left rear quarter panel.

I didn't mention the slight pull to the right this time, I hope they remember, I suppose I will need to remind them just in case.

It is good to hear that the new d/s is fixing the issue. I really am diggin this forum! There is so much information that was brought to my attention that I probably would have been in the dark about.

I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and tips!

:beer: :thumbsup:

TPOC

Established Member
Well, it appears as though I have finally convinced my dealer to order the drive shaft. I had to drive him around in my car at 80 so he could see what I was seeing.

He was going to take a d/s off of a new cobra that was in the showroom, but I guess they decided to order one. I suppose now I just have to wait. At least I got over the first major hurdle. Now I just hope it fixes it.

They also have it in the body shop now to add the clear coat on the left rear quarter panel.

I didn't mention the slight pull to the right this time, I hope they remember, I suppose I will need to remind them just in case.

It is good to hear that the new d/s is fixing the issue. I really am diggin this forum! There is so much information that was brought to my attention that I probably would have been in the dark about.

I really appreciate everyone sharing their experiences and tips!

:beer: :thumbsup:

TPOC

Established Member
anyone seeing slowness with this site or is it just me? I accidentally posted the same message, sorry.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I just had my drive shaft replaced and it did not fix my problem. It change a little but it is not fixed. This is not a simple fix. Based on many threads on this topic, if the shop does not know about indexing and balancing then it may never be fixed to your satisfaction.

Don't expect it to just go away on the first shot. I hope you get lucky though and it does. Mines going back next week for another go round :shrug:

I still love this car even with a couple of zits :)

TPOC

Established Member
Yeah, I know what you mean, seeing the many posts of people not having it fixed the first time.

I am just hoping lady luck is on my side. I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. Maybe they will get it righ this time.

Maybe you can demand an SVT engineer to come onsite to have a look? Or am I reaching?

Good luck!

:beer:

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
After taking the service guy for a drive at 80mph to let him feel the vibration, then he wanted me to drive anotehr Cobra to see if it was the same, which of course I gladly did. The other Cobra was a black convertible and it had no vibe. He started to accept that there was a vibration but still wanted to test tires, wheels etc. He just called me to say they couldnt find anythin else wrong with the car so they FINALLY going to order the driveshaft, he tells me he will have it tomorrow, we'll see. at least its gonna happen !!!

Users who are viewing this thread