Update on the vibe

mineral03

Established Member
Originally posted by sn8k
Me too, please :-D [email protected]

Miles - don't tell me you got the vib too? Sorry dude. BTW: Great track times man. Takes a good driver to post 'em like that... congrats!

Thanks!!! conditions were perfect that night! But,yes,mine has the slight vibe. Its not bad enough to where im really worried about it, but if theres a fix, then im all for it. I wasnt planning on takin it to the dealer for anything,since i was gonna do my longtubes this week, but, ill prolly take it in next week. Mines got the slight tick from the left side(which i always thought was normal) so im going to take it in and have the bridges retorqued. If its going to take more than a day or so to fix the vibe (Fremont ford has had an 03 there for over a month, and still hasnt fixed it),then i wont have it done. Its not bad enough for me to worry. plus, since i got my catback on, havent noticed it nearly as much, since the extra noise/resonation kinda muffles it a little. Mainly i just want the tick fixed, then its time for the REAL mods.

docs03

Established Member
didn't get TSB

03DOHC

Could you please send the TSB again. I did not receive it. Maybe my e-mail address was not clear. Between the doc and raj there is an underscore: [email protected]

thanks in advance

doc

black03SVT

Established Member
03 DOHC,

I would appreciate it too. I havent gotten to high enough speeds yet to see if my car does have the vibration (30 miles on the ODO). But just in case I would like to have the info.

Please e-mail to [email protected]

Thanks. (Oh and there is an underscore between the 5 and 0 if you are copying the address.)

blucobra03

Established Member
03DOHC, I hate to say it but I believe I may have the same vibration thing happening, just not severe at this point. But when I approach 80 mph, the car starts to have some vibration. I guess I will take it in to see what they say. If you could e-mail me the TSB I would certainly appreciate it. At least I would have something to refer to that defines a similar problem that has been addressed in the past and sounds like they may think could correct this current issue. Your help is definitely appreciated.

John

[email protected]

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I'd like to know how you guys made those pics in your sigs!
Thanks for the TSB 03DOHC... much apprichiated. I forwarded it to Miles as requested.

I did my picture sig in adobe photshop. If you'd like one, just send me a few pics of your car and I'll see what I can do to return the favor :thumbsup:

Mark......

03DOHC

Established Member
Cool, thanks! I'll have to take a rain check though. My car is due to be built the week of 8/26. Still waiting for it.

Not a problem, just trying to help out.

Later:burnout:

docs03

Established Member
Thank you

03DOHC

Thank you for posting the TSB. I have a copy that I will be taking to the dealer in the morning 8-12-02. You're info on the printout has been blacked out. Let's see what they can do with this.

Does anyone know if this TSB took care of the problems?

I'll be posting as soon as I know what's up.

Thanks

doc

Mowgli

Established Member
Man I really hate to post this, but 3 weeks ago, my dealer had this same TSB in hand (from me) when they did my repair.

My DS was checked, replaced, installed and (possibly) indexed (though I'm not positive he did it correctly).

Good luck with this nonetheless. Keep the board posted as to how it goes.

docs03

Established Member
TSB

Dropped the car off this morning at the dealership at 7:30am. It is now 1:30 pm EST and I haven't heard anything yet. I usually get a call by 4pm from my service advisor. I'll just keep waiting.

I left the field rep a printout of the entire internet forum for this problem from both SVT and stangnet. I also left a copy of the TSB. Hopefully he will take it back and show someone in charge that this is a problem. I also have asked the field rep contact me when the car is looked at.

MOWGLI:

Did you have the damper replaced?? Do you know if the DS was indexed properly??

Does anybody know if this TSB took care of the problem on 99's and 2001's?

I'll keep ya posted

doc

Mowgli

Established Member
No I did not have the damper replaced.

Going just from the work order receipt, as that's all I trust they did, they:

-Measured the wheels/ tires to make sure it wasn't that.
-Measured the DS - found excessive DS runout.
-Ordered replacement DS.
-Installed replacement DS (no more detail than that on paperwork).
-Test drove to 65mph (car is fine up to ~77 or so)

And thats it. They are now sitting on their thumbs. When Ford or SVT comes out with a TSB specific to the 03 Cobra, I'll take it in, and will see if I can go to a different dealer. In any event, I'll only wait one month for that mythical TSB to be released, then it goes in regardless and I start with the nastiness.

So, for the other folks. Anyone found out if Ford is calling this 01 TSB "the one we've been waiting on"?

03DOHC

Established Member
I checked again yesterday and there are no specific TSB's yet on the 2003 Cobra. Your guess is as good as mine.

docs03

Established Member
FIELD REP FEEDBACK

Spoke to the assistant director of the service department at the dealership at 2:40pm EST. He and the rep took the car out and they have attempted indexing the DS 3 times with little improvement.

The field rep has put in a call to Bill Franco. The service director indicated they will try to get a team of engineers out here to look at the car as well. He'll be in touch with me.

I am now dealing with someone higher up in the service department (assistant service director). They at least appear very concerned. Considering I have been a very good customer over the years they are doing everything I have asked and are going straight to Ford/SVT for the fix.

I have to be patient until they tell me they can't do anything for me. At that point, we'll have a problem which will not be pleasant for them to deal with. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Keep your fingers crossed.................thanks for all that have helped me so far.

doc

03DOHC

Established Member
Good luck. I'll post the first TSB that comes in in the future for you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread