Untuned baby Cj dyno result

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
raw-1.jpg
Made 443 in 4th gear. Wouldn't do a 5th gear because my tires aren't rated for speed.

Dynocom heartbreaker. His usual full exhaust intake tune coyote is 390rwhp

Attachments

• raw-1.jpg
    raw-1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 190

assasinator

Established Member
It's not tuned for the baby Cj cams, the Cj intake is unported. looks like 1 7/8" headers do work.

assasinator

Established Member
Useless? It's a number. I have a baseline for next spring after I port the Cj manifold and sweep the cams. I will put the drag radials on so he will do a 5th gear pull. 443 in 4th is about 458 in 5th and 415ish torque. Not useless

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Manuals cars should be dynod in 5th. Otherwise you won't have very realistic numbers.

Most CJ cars even with "Baby CJ cams" make around 450-460 on E85 on a properly calibrated dyno that isn't generous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

assasinator

Established Member
Most Cj cars do not make 450-460 on a dynocom. I wasn't given the option of a 5th gear pull. The owner wouldn't do it with my 120mph rates tires.

A FULL bolt on e85, gt350 manifold S550 only makes 450 on a dynocom.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
You're right. My '14 GT made 443 with full bolt ons with a CJ on 93 Octane in 5th gear. I also had knock due to lack of fuel in 3 different RPM ranges, but wasn't major.

Factory tires (pirellis) were rated for more than 120 MPH IIRC.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Usless dyno numbers are only good for stroking weak egos. Take it to he street or track and see some pulls.

assasinator

Established Member
Usless dyno numbers are only good for stroking weak egos. Take it to he street or track and see some pulls.

Lol. I have a very weak ego. Last time I ran a lbo m6 ls3 I freaking checked out on his ass. Let him take the hit too. I recon it does decent on the street lol.

assasinator

Established Member
You're right. My '14 GT made 443 with full bolt ons with a CJ on 93 Octane in 5th gear. I also had knock due to lack of fuel in 3 different RPM ranges, but wasn't major.

Factory tires (pirellis) were rated for more than 120 MPH IIRC.

I'm not running factory tires. I have 15" 295's on back.

Dyno is just a tuning tool, numbers can read anything they want - how does the car run?

It is a tuning tool for sure. This dyno is run by Lane Culver. Same lane Culver who runs240 mph c5 and c6 2450hp standing miles, same Lane Culver who tuned the crow from street outlaws. This dyno is not a cheat, it's a heartbeaker. I watched a 700 horse crawler make 350rwhp on that dyno. Lots of drivetrain loss.

Zyborg give Lane(Mr Chevy turbo LS) A call and ask him how my car runs. Do it.

Zemedici

Established Member
Easy there dude no ones doubting your machine, were asking how it ACTUALLY runs in real world applications vs on a dyno. Doesn't seem too crazy to me.....

What's it run in the 1/4?

assasinator

Established Member
Easy there dude no ones doubting your machine, were asking how it ACTUALLY runs in real world applications vs on a dyno. Doesn't seem too crazy to me.....

What's it run in the 1/4?

I can't drag race it. It has both problems coyote's suffer. Peddle just goes to the floor and stays on shifts over 7k and the tranny won't do high rpm shifts every time. I have to short shift it. after all of the power mods r done I'll fix the drivetrain issues. Even with those problems it murders most cars that want some on the treet

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
I disagree, track numbers are less accurate than dyno numbers. For example I race in 7000-8000 DA, which will not compare to a car at sea level. At least dynos have correction factors.

Zemedici

Established Member
I can't drag race it. It has both problems coyote's suffer. Peddle just goes to the floor and stays on shifts over 7k and the tranny won't do high rpm shifts every time. I have to short shift it. after all of the power mods r done I'll fix the drivetrain issues. Even with those problems it murders most cars that want some on the treet

Got any videos on the street? That's what we wanna see! Hahaha

assasinator

Established Member
Got any videos on the street? That's what we wanna see! Hahaha

No video camera in the car. I don't look for challenges. They find me. I think the ls3 SS, and 392 cars figure I'm n easy win. Until I checkout. They smile and wave.

Users who are viewing this thread