Untuned baby Cj dyno result

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol. I have a very weak ego. Last time I ran a lbo m6 ls3 I freaking checked out on his ass. Let him take the hit too. I recon it does decent on the street lol.

You beat a "lbo m6 ls3"? I would hope so, good for you.

You mentioned "dynocom heartbreaker"... I say dynocom egobooster...

Last time I checked, dynocom read about 30rwhp higher than a Dynojet.

As it has been mentioned before, dynos are a tuning tool, not a real measure of a car's performance.

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member

Well drive up here and do a few pulls. Let's see if you feel that way afterwards

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

As it has been mentioned before, dynos are a tuning tool, not a real measure of a car's performance.

Dynocoms do not read higher than dynojets.

If they do, that means +-410 RWHP 5.0's are able to run bottom 11's. I'm impressed!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noldevin

Established Member

Last time I checked, dynocom read about 30rwhp higher than a Dynojet

Not true. My local tuner uses a dynocom and it is in line with local timeslips.

As far as dynoing in the wrong gear, you cannot accurately state XXXhp in 4th gear is equal to YYYhp in 5th. A dyno in 4th is innacurate, and not by any definite amount. Sure, if you always dyno in 4th you can use it as a start and finish point, but you cannot compare to anyone else's numbers.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Well drive up here and do a few pulls. Let's see if you feel that way afterwards

Lol... where are you at?

Dynocoms do not read higher than dynojets.

If they do, that means +-410 RWHP 5.0's are able to run bottom 11's. I'm impressed!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen one of my previous cars, dyno 396rwhp on a dynoyet, then later and without any changes put down 427rwhp on a dynocom.

Not true. My local tuner uses a dynocom and it is in line with local timeslips.

As far as dynoing in the wrong gear, you cannot accurately state XXXhp in 4th gear is equal to YYYhp in 5th. A dyno in 4th is innacurate, and not by any definite amount. Sure, if you always dyno in 4th you can use it as a start and finish point, but you cannot compare to anyone else's numbers.

Good for you. Not sure why you quote me and the go on a rant about dynoing a car incorrectly (in the wrong gear), you might have wanted to address that to the OP, not me, since I happen to agree with you on that point.

noldevin

Established Member
Lol... where are you at?

I have seen one of my previous cars, dyno 396rwhp on a dynoyet, then later and without any changes put down 427rwhp on a dynocom.

Good for you. Not sure why you quote me and the go on a rant about dynoing a car incorrectly (in the wrong gear), you might have wanted to address that to the OP, not me, since I happen to agree with you on that point.
The second part was addressed as a separate thought, not directed at you. I don't have the hang of (or particularly like) the new forum layout.

Either way, just because you've seen one dynocom read high, doesn't mean they all do. Likely operator error or a poorly calibrated dyno.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
My main point in this thread is that a dyno number (whether dynocom, dyno jet or mustang), does not dictate how a car will perform.

Dynos are tuning tools, not a measure for ones cack!

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Lol... where are you at?

Too many variables. Every dynocom 5.0 I've seen makes a bit less than a dynojet counterpart. While it is usually marginal, you cannot site here and say they dyno 30 RWHP more. That would essentially mean full bolt-on coyotes are barely making over 400 RWHP (From 360-370 RWHP stock)

I know it's a tool. A tool that is usually in line with what a car can run at a track. Street racing doesn't determine how fast a car is, rather how bad a driver is since ANYTHING can happen.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Too many variables. Every dynocom 5.0 I've seen makes a bit less than a dynojet counterpart. While it is usually marginal, you cannot site here and say they dyno 30 RWHP more. That would essentially mean full bolt-on coyotes are barely making over 400 RWHP (From 360-370 RWHP stock)

I know it's a tool. A tool that is usually in line with what a car can run at a track. Street racing doesn't determine how fast a car is, rather how bad a driver is since ANYTHING can happen.

I never said that ALL dynocoms would dyno 30rwhp over sir. I said that in my personal experience, they are inaccurate.

Ironic that you mention that street racing does not show how fast a car is. The track doesnt either and neither does a dyno sheet. Actually, street racing takes the most variables out.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I never said that ALL dynocoms would dyno 30rwhp over sir. I said that in my personal experience, they are inaccurate.

Ironic that you mention that street racing does not show how fast a car is. The track doesnt either and neither does a dyno sheet. Actually, street racing takes the most variables out.

Not all, but, typically is how I read your post, sir.

Street racing has too many variables. Roll racing, guy starts a car ahead, misses a gear, jumping on the 2nd honk, car was in front so you had to stop, etc.

At a track, it's basically launching the car properly and shifting gears if you have a manual. The excuses of starting on the 1st or 2nd honk, traffic, traction issues do not really apply at a drag strip compared to street racing.

assasinator

Established Member
look. it is just a number. there are only two points to the dyno. i have a reference for after the intake cams, ported cj, and tuning for both cams.

the second is a frame of reference to other similar cars. other similar cars on that dyno with stock intake are 390 rwhp.

if i was after ONLY a number, id drive right back with my drag radials on and do a 5th gear pull. i will do a 5th gear hero pull after Lane Culver sweeps the cams. i cant track it for a long time. not with the drivetrain issues.

i do have to remember to shift below 7k or i end up taking many seconds trying to get into the next gear. it is a good number on a stingy dyno.

zyborg- lane culver in lacy's spring alabama. if you ever drive by, do a few pulls and see how low you can go.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not all, but, typically is how I read your post, sir.

Street racing has too many variables. Roll racing, guy starts a car ahead, misses a gear, jumping on the 2nd honk, car was in front so you had to stop, etc.

At a track, it's basically launching the car properly and shifting gears if you have a manual. The excuses of starting on the 1st or 2nd honk, traffic, traction issues do not really apply at a drag strip compared to street racing.

We will agree to disagree. 1/4 mile racing has more variables. More driver skilled is required. Traction is a huge deciding factor, as well a suspension. On a roll race, it is very easy to see which car is the faster car because usually cars wont have major traction issues and there is less driver skill at play.

look. it is just a number. there are only two points to the dyno. i have a reference for after the intake cams, ported cj, and tuning for both cams.

the second is a frame of reference to other similar cars. other similar cars on that dyno with stock intake are 390 rwhp.

if i was after ONLY a number, id drive right back with my drag radials on and do a 5th gear pull. i will do a 5th gear hero pull after Lane Culver sweeps the cams. i cant track it for a long time. not with the drivetrain issues.

i do have to remember to shift below 7k or i end up taking many seconds trying to get into the next gear. it is a good number on a stingy dyno.

zyborg- lane culver in lacy's spring alabama. if you ever drive by, do a few pulls and see how low you can go.

Thats too far man. Im in TX.

Not saying I would beat you but last 5.0 I raced (boss mani, exhaust, cai, 4.10s) fell victim to the mullet.

assasinator

Established Member
Thats too far man. Im in TX.

Not saying I would beat you but last 5.0 I raced (boss mani, exhaust, cai, 4.10s) fell victim to the mullet.

a boss manifold car is down on power and torque to any cj,scj car. boss is the cheap mans way to lose. it doesnt compare to a cj/scj car.

if you are not cammed, it would be ugly for you anyway. a full bolton 1LE is not within a trainlength of me.

Last edited:

assasinator

Established Member
9639471835_850e43d406_c.jpg

a ported cj/scj is even worse. mine will be ported shortly.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
a boss manifold car is down on power and torque to any cj,scj car. boss is the cheap mans way to lose. it doesnt compare to a cj/scj car.

if you are not cammed, it would be ugly for you anyway. a full bolton 1LE is not within a trainlength of me.

You would be surprised what my car can do. It never dissapoints.

assasinator

Established Member
You would be surprised what my car can do. It never dissapoints.

I have nothing but respect for your feats to date. You cannot outshift me. Nobody can.

Well sir....it is exactly cars like yours that convinced me to build a sledgehammer. I am not close to being done. The only way to be sure, is to hit power, weight, and traction.

Make more power than a 90 percentile LS3
Weigh less than a 'stripped to bare metal' gen5 or gen6 Camaro.
Rev to 7800-8500 when done and gear it for that rpm advantage.

I have made the decision to show how much power a private owned owner modded 5 liters can make on motor. Now it will have 15 heads I will port, but it is all motor power.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have nothing but respect for your feats to date. You cannot outshift me. Nobody can.

Well sir....it is exactly cars like yours that convinced me to build a sledgehammer. I am not close to being done. The only way to be sure, is to hit power, weight, and traction.

Make more power than a 90 percentile LS3
Weigh less than a 'stripped to bare metal' gen5 or gen6 Camaro.
Rev to 7800-8500 when done and gear it for that rpm advantage.

I have made the decision to show how much power a private owned owner modded 5 liters can make on motor. Now it will have 15 heads I will port, but it is all motor power.

Sounds like a beast. Best of luck with it. I too had similar plans for the camaro, but things change.

Nothing but respect for an NA, all out build. Should be a lot of fun to beat much more powerful cars.

Users who are viewing this thread