unported eaton e85 dyno!

mustang john

Established Member
You contradicted ur self there saying every dyno is different when u were calling the bs flag on the amount of power he gained on the same dyno? No matter how different every dyno is as long as u do a before and an after power gained is still power gained so he still did pick up 60hp or whatever his numbers are. No questions about that.

The same dyno can be setup to read differently pretty easy, unless that dyno is setup one way and never touched. Lets not talk about how weather affects the dyno numbers either... I've seen the same car on different days on the same dyno show 50rwhp variance in numbers

Dynos are tuning tools and i have never been one to put stock in what they show. I know my port gained 50rwhp becuase i gained 4mph at the track and the math proves it.

Either way the OP has a nice vid of him running down a ported car with his E85 unported car, thats some serious proof that it runs great and puts the E85 bug in my brain.

And as i said in my first post im just playing a little devils advocate since nobody else was.

Last edited:

r103

Established Member
Hate to say it but every dyno is different, mine only makes 480rwhp with my ported blower and i bet it will out run your 500rwhp unported car, im at sea level too...

Too bad you aren't closer we could test your theory. Mine was tuned on Dyno Dynamics by Anderfab Racing (Brian Anderson) If the link works take a look at one of his pump gas cars. You can also see him on Pass Time running 202mph on 10.5 tires. He won Hot Rod pump gas shootout 3 years in a row. He has tuned several 03/04 cobra he said mine made more than most it happens. Live with it.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFFxZ-U4fvQ"]Brian Anderson Pulls 1724.12 horsepower - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
Too bad you aren't closer we could test your theory. Mine was tuned on Dyno Dynamics by Anderfab Racing (Brian Anderson) If the link works take a look at one of his pump gas cars.

Brian Anderson Pulls 1724.12 horsepower - YouTube

What does his 1700rwhp car (badass car by the way!) have to do with your 500rwhp car? We dont have to be close, my best ET and more importantly the MPH (127.7)are in the 1/4 database here and even on the ported eaton 10 sec list, What have you run in yours?

Like i said before i put stock in track numbers. :beer:

r103

Established Member
Mph has to do with weight and power. So when you went 127 mph you would need to know the weight of your car that night.

mustang john

Established Member
Doubtful on out running him.

So you think my upper/lower ported pump gas car wont beat a upper only unported pump gas car just because a dyno number says it should?

Are we assuming he is spraying or boost only in this senario? If the bottle is on i admit i would have my hands full.

I like bench racing but track racing is much more satisfiying :burnout:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
So you think my upper/lower ported pump gas car wont beat a upper only unported pump gas car just because a dyno number says it should?

Are we assuming he is spraying or boost only in this senario? If the bottle is on i admit i would have my hands full.

I like bench racing but track racing is much more satisfiying :burnout:

I think you are a little too sure of your car. :beer: as you sad, arguing is pointless... It's all bench racing.

An if I were racing you, I would spray. Fat chance that he won't

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
The fastest upper only unported car runs almost exactly the same ET/MPH as i do and he is almost 200lbs lighter than i am and he is a hell of a driver and sixty foots better than i do.

With that in mind your average weight upper only unported Cobra where i have the 200lbs weight advantage had better be spraying if he wants to have a chance.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
The fastest upper only unported car runs almost exactly the same ET/MPH as i do and he is almost 200lbs lighter than i am and he is a hell of a driver and sixty foots better than i do.

With that in mind your average weight upper only unported Cobra where i have the 200lbs weight advantage had better be spraying if he wants to have a chance.

You do like to run your mouth don't you ;)

lguizar12

Established Member
Im just looking at the numbers, no attitude behind it. These cars have been around for 9 years now so its not hard to determine what a Cobra with a given mod list will run since its already been done, dynoed and raced over and over again.

E85 is fairly new on cobras so yea I don't think this has been done over and over again. I'm not a track racer more of a roll racer and I've beaten 4 ported cobras already. I'm at full weight too.

mustang john

Established Member
You proved your point with the first vid you posted, car runs strong on the corn and you dont need to prove anything to me.

What started this was the post with mod list below about making 500rwhp unported upper only on pump. There was no list of E85 in his mod list so i assume pump.

04 Cobra with 2.76, JLT intake, Bassani X pipe, Magnaflow catback, BAP, SCT maf, SCT chip. 500.8 WHP on a 125 wet shot 612 whp......NO PORT!!!! When will people learn everycar is different. Also elevation can help Im at sea level.

mustang john

Established Member
i just wanted more views on my vids lol jk..

No shame in that, i have done the same lol.

Wanna see? lol
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMCJ-UzjjKE&context=C302ec6fADOEgsToPDskKm7_flCIRx3d8Q2Bh_Nevp"]Cobra 10.87 @ 115 1.49 sixty 1/5/2011 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Older vid and i lifted at the 1000'

Last edited:

quicksilverdc

VOODO DC
Established Member
me against a 2.3 whipple.
04 Cobra Whipple Pump Gas vs 03 Cobra Eaton e85 - YouTube[/QUOTE]

might I say that was on my old setup 16psi on 91 pump:loser:
numbers 597hp 540tq Luis your TQ was crazy

I too went E85:bowdown: and my numbers changed a bit :banana: 659hp 614tq
only thing different I added was Long tubes and turned up the boost to 20psi

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXww8wNe46U"]E85 Whippled Cobra - YouTube[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread