unported eaton e85 dyno!

lguizar12

Established Member

might I say that was on my old setup 16psi on 91 pump:loser:
numbers 597hp 540tq Luis your TQ was crazy

I too went E85:bowdown: and my numbers changed a bit :banana: 659hp 614tq
only thing different I added was Long tubes and turned up the boost to 20psi

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXww8wNe46U"]E85 Whippled Cobra - YouTube[/nomedia][/QUOTE]

The video does say you're on pump gas :/.. Lol

mustang john

Established Member
What suspension mods do you have ?

Out back
Built SRA, 4.10 gears
MM weight jacker LCAs
Baseline UCAs
Lakewood 50/50 shocks
Stock GT springs w/ airbag in RR spring
28x10.5 ET Drag slicks
Torque box reinforcements welded and bolted

Up front
14x175lb coil over springs
Lakewood 70/30 struts
Sway bar deleted

Also worth noting the weight reduction and chassis stiffening that has helped greatly with weight transfer, it all adds up to damn near 200lbs of the nose of the car and a weight of 3350 without me.

Teksid block
Battery relocate
UPR K member
ABS delete
MM FLSFCs
S&W 8 pt roll bar
Corbeau TRS seats
Rear seat delete

It took me along time to get the car where it is now but its not gutted by any means and is street driven on a regular basis, 42k miles of fun so far.

I have looked at upgrading to E85 before but never was very serious about it, after seeing how strong your car runs along with a few other examples i have seen i may have to make this my next mod. Too many vids of your little unported car hanging with and beating cars it has no reason to beat has really got me thinking. Thanks for posting them up!

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Oh no john. Why did you get rid of the IRS? :( you plan on just going fast in a straight line!? Very sad

Oh, and watch Luis' video anyone who hasn't seen it!! :beer:

lguizar12

Established Member
Out back
Built SRA, 4.10 gears
MM weight jacker LCAs
Baseline UCAs
Lakewood 50/50 shocks
Stock GT springs w/ airbag in RR spring
28x10.5 ET Drag slicks
Torque box reinforcements welded and bolted

Up front
14x175lb coil over springs
Lakewood 70/30 struts
Sway bar deleted

Also worth noting the weight reduction and chassis stiffening that has helped greatly with weight transfer, it all adds up to damn near 200lbs of the nose of the car and a weight of 3350 without me.

Teksid block
Battery relocate
UPR K member
ABS delete
MM FLSFCs
S&W 8 pt roll bar
Corbeau TRS seats
Rear seat delete

It took me along time to get the car where it is now but its not gutted by any means and is street driven on a regular basis, 42k miles of fun so far.

I have looked at upgrading to E85 before but never was very serious about it, after seeing how strong your car runs along with a few other examples i have seen i may have to make this my next mod. Too many vids of your little unported car hanging with and beating cars it has no reason to beat has really got me thinking. Thanks for posting them up!

Thanks man! She does run strong, yea your car is setup for track my car is trying to be setup for roll racing and a little twisty fun. My car is definitely not going to Run 10 seconds how it is. Congrats

lguizar12

Established Member
Oh no john. Why did you get rid of the IRS? :( you plan on just going fast in a straight line!? Very sad

Oh, and watch Luis' video anyone who hasn't seen it!! :beer:

Thanks Brian! All hail e85 ;)... I just need a port and a little giggle juice ad hello 600hp :)

mustang john

Established Member
10.75 @ 127.7 is more than 480whp unless you were heavier then.

Just posting what the dyno read, it was dynoed two weeks ago at a dyno day, it was a MD and i do have a few mods known to lower dyno numbers, 4.10s gears, steel flywheel and drag radials. My point was to show that dyno numbers arent always correct, the track doesnt lie.

Last edited:

mustang john

Established Member
Im sold on E85, just was poking around looking for more than a dyno sheet showing what the car was capable of and the OP has very nicely quieted all my questions. The rest of you guys who got your feelers hurt in the process, im sorry.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Im a drag racer no doubt about that, and the SRA was one of the best mods i have ever done to the car. I was happy to see the IRS go away :burnout:

For a drag racer, I totally get it. I'm watching laruei build his car as an all around car and I LOVE what he has done. He's not the best at anything, but he can do everything! It's pretty cool

I'm excited to see your numbers with E85, John!

mustang john

Established Member
For a drag racer, I totally get it. I'm watching laruei build his car as an all around car and I LOVE what he has done. He's not the best at anything, but he can do everything! It's pretty cool

I'm excited to see your numbers with E85, John!

Me too, im thinking i have another .2 and 2 MPH to gain from a switch and more agressive tune.

As far as the all around cars i have great appreciation for those too, my freind RaceRat has her vert setup for everything as well, makes big power numbers (on E85 of course) runs high 10s and has been autocrossed as well driven half way across the country.

We each have our goals, and i was a drag racer long before i bought the Cobra.

Last edited:

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
What does his 1700rwhp car (badass car by the way!) have to do with your 500rwhp car? We dont have to be close, my best ET and more importantly the MPH (127.7)are in the 1/4 database here and even on the ported eaton 10 sec list, What have you run in yours?

Like i said before i put stock in track numbers. :beer:

Sorry op coming in your thread. I apologize. I got alot if respect for Mustangjohn. Because he is the few who have gone 10:xx in the 1/4 with a eaton. So in my book anyone who goes 10 sec in a 03/04cobra, I got much respect for them. Anyone can go 10:XX at the dragstrip with a whipple or kenne bell. But It takes one hell of a CAR and DRIVER, to do that with a eaton.

Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Sorry op coming in your thread. I apologize. I got alot if respect for Mustangjohn. Because he is the few who have gone 10:xx in the 1/4 with a eaton. So in my book anyone who goes 10 sec in a 03/04cobra, I got much respect for them. Anyone can go 10:XX at the dragstrip with a whipple or kenne bell. But It takes one hell of a CAR and DRIVER, to do that with a eaton.

I'm confused as to the point of this post..... ?????? There are a lot of 10 second eaton guys...

Users who are viewing this thread