unported eaton e85 dyno!

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
I'd do the E85 route, but there is like no pumps in California. There is like 3 within a 200 miles radius of me.

mtnrunner

Established Member
I'd do the E85 route, but there is like no pumps in California. There is like 3 within a 200 miles radius of me.

Do you daily drive your car? There are two pumps that are super close to camp pendelton. One pump is at "the oceansider" or something like that. Its right off the 5 fwy on Oceanside blvd. The other is a shell station in carlsbad thats off of palomar airport road.

z28misfit

Established Member
Im really considering going to e85 myself but there is only one gas station I know of near me so this is one of my hold backs. I havent really done much research on e85 but Im imagining that I can get an e85 tune and a93octane tune done on my car? That way if I can run e85 when I want but also have the ability to go back to gasoline since there a really no e85 stations Im aware of in my area of PA. Congrats on your results btw:rockon:

04gtstang

Established Member
Yep it pretty well nullifies the heat produced by the eaton...high IAT 2 temps shouldnt be an issue with the super cooling the fuel gives. Least if anyone does a high speed run, they shouldnt have to worry at all about the pistons expanding from heat.
GT and my cobra will be switching...GT this next week. E85 pump just came into my town...<10mins away. :D
Also, thanks for posting timing numbers...gives the rest of us who tune with the pro race package, some info to go on.

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
wow, super impressive!!!
I'd like to hear some input on the difference you feel on the street compared to your old setup when you get a chance

gabe1530

Banned
damn nice!
i would love to switch if there were pumps in or near san clemente. did you have gregs crew install the fuel system and then fill up there or do it yourself and tow the cobra?

lguizar12

Established Member
wow, super impressive!!!
I'd like to hear some input on the difference you feel on the street compared to your old setup when you get a chance

honestly it doesnt feel different at all just normal driving...when i get on it, is when you feel it :banana:...gas mileage is a little worse but i can deal with it. its not as bad as people make it seem.

damn nice!
i would love to switch if there were pumps in or near san clemente. did you have gregs crew install the fuel system and then fill up there or do it yourself and tow the cobra?
no i installed the fuel stuff on my own and just took a bunch of gallons with me on the day of the tune.
Your car pulls hard man. Good stuff
thanks bro

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
Thanks for sharing this with us bro. I have everthing on the cobra except for gt pumps. I might have to bite the bullet and order gt pumps and convert my ported eaton to E85. E85 ftw

Users who are viewing this thread