Unnatural Selection

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
H.G. Wells "Time Machine" mentioned humanity evolving into two separate species based from class. High class becoming the Eloi and the working class became Morlocks.
The Eloi live a life of ease on the surface while the Morlocks do all the labor for the Eloi underground, from manufacturing to farming. At least the Morlocks get to hunt Eloi in the dark. Both are smaller, substantially weaker and dumber than an average Human. But it's after <800,000 years of natural selection. This might be at a far faster pace...

Ain't nobody got no time to read books anymore. You need to make a special on Obamaflix to get anyone to pay attention.
Brave New World told a similar story where humans were genetically modified based on the needs of society. Outside of the protected Super cities is where the "savages" lived on their own. The masses were kept happy with drugs and sex.

IDK I'm all for medical research and advancements to cure and prevent disease. But when the time comes when we modify ourselves for superficial reasons, i,e vanity, strength, big pecker/boobs I think we will lose what makes us special and human life will cease to be valued or sacred.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
The Netflix show Altered Carbon explores some of this topic. Cool show. Based on a book.

If you can edit genes to be free from disease I wonder if you can edit the gene to not reject robotic transplants? Making transhumanism more plausible.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The Netflix show Altered Carbon explores some of this topic. Cool show. Based on a book.

If you can edit genes to be free from disease I wonder if you can edit the gene to not reject robotic transplants? Making transhumanism more plausible.

sign me up to become some sort of hybrid human/Terminator...that would be ****ing awesome

Users who are viewing this thread