Unlawful arrest or idiot who can't follow lawful commands?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
What does that have to do with anything though? She pulled a gun on someone for a cookie. That's most definitely a go to jail offense.

Bro, you and I get along… but i am telling you, on this thread, you are dead wrong….

Thats how most of the cop condemners sound on this thread… Just ridiculous…

you guys have taken a legitimate and lawfully justified situation and have made it into wine fest…

You all can cry, kick and scream all you want… at the end of the day, when cops are actively investigating a legit serious crime with a potentially dangerous offender… they have all the reasons and justification to approach the situation carefully and make the detainment of the person who they reasonably believe is the perp….

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Bro, you and I get along… but i am telling you, on this thread, you are dead wrong….

you guys have taken a legitimate and lawfully justified situation and have made it into wine fest…

You all can cry, kick and scream all you want… at the end of the day, when cops are actively investigating a legit serious crime with a potentially dangerous offender… they have all the reasons and justification to approach the situation carefully and make the detainment of the person who they reasonably believe is the perp….

We do agree on almost everything so why do you think I'm questioning what occurred now? I'm not a cop hater which I don't think I really need to defend that to most of you, but I see the burden of proof as being on the police, not on the civilian to prove when they are the target. I think your Constitutional rights should always remain intact unless there is overwhelming evidence to prove that your rights are at the point of forfeit which is when you are caught in the act of a crime. If you have not been caught in the act of a crime, but are under suspicion of a crime, then a lot more needs to happen to determine if you did in fact commit that crime. We can't allow the state to go car to car or door to door lime this unchecked.

I don't want to make the policy's job harder than it is but in some ways I do. I believe there could have been more done in this instance that would have satisfied all parties and I don't think I will change that opinion because ultimately in the end the cops, the department, the city, and the taxpayers will pay for an act of heavy-handedness. There has to be limits to power when conducting an investigation.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
We do agree on almost everything so why do you think I'm questioning what occurred now? I'm not a cop hater which I don't think I really need to defend that to most of you, but I see the burden of proof as being on the police, not on the civilian to prove when they are the target. I think your Constitutional rights should always remain intact unless there is overwhelming evidence to prove that your rights are at the point of forfeit which is when you are caught in the act of a crime. If you have not been caught in the act of a crime, but are under suspicion of a crime, then a lot more needs to happen to determine if you did in fact commit that crime. We can't allow the state to go car to car or door to door lime this unchecked.

I don't want to make the policy's job harder than it is but in some ways I do. I believe there could have been more done in this instance that would have satisfied all parties and I don't think I will change that opinion because ultimately in the end the cops, the department, the city, and the taxpayers will pay for an act of heavy-handedness. There has to be limits to power when conducting an investigation.

Agree 100% with this.

This forum is filled with pretty level-headed people and whenever someone posts a video of some idiot pointing a gun at police and getting shot 100 times, almost every post congratulates the job well done. The same overall common sense of the members here is seen in this scenario where a guy had every right not to help police with their investigation. It's a slippery slope when "law" enforcement is authorized to deprive someone of their liberty if there's even a sliver of probability. I'm pro police all day long but I don't believe in bending rules in the slightest to investigate/arrest/prosecute people.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

I love the comment "you are dead wrong".

Yet you have 0 clue about the Bill of Rights, where they came from, or who they apply to.

Really is a joy watching you make a fool of yourself.

The icing on the cake is the charges were dropped, and guy will win his civil suit making him a millionaire.

So

Again, who is the wrong one??

yeah.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

I know you are not a cop hater, hence, why I am so surprised at your lack of support for the police on this one. Even more surprised that you hinted at “racism” for their actions… Wut?!?! Lol. THAT really was out of left field.

I also very much cherish my constitutional rights. This is a nation of freedom and this is accomplished by rule of law. The same laws that protect our rights, also allow the police to detain a potential suspect to investigate a crime.

With that said, I very much understand that under the law and during an active investigation of a potentially dangerous crime, the police may stop me to “investigate” and ask a few questions. I dont “have” to answer any questions (although I dont see why any normal non guilty citizen would not want to help the investigation), but you do have to follow guidance / orders so as to mantain everyon’s safety while under brief detention/investigation.

The engagement by the police on this particular instance was legit. This was not some random stop where no crime had been committed and they were just ****ing with a black guy.

The police approached the car a bit stiff, because had this been the right guy it could have easily been a very dangerous situation. The guy in this case instantly resisted, even after being explained what was going on. YOU CANT DO THAT.

You, as the police, can not allow the potential perp to dictate the terms of the engagement. You, as the police, would have to take charge of the situation.

The refusal of the suspect to cooperate and his resistance was what caused for him to be roughed up. Thats on him, not the police!

I don't care what color you are, you follow guidance while under detention. There is no ifs or buts. ITS THE LAW.

Im not a cop but like you, I have also put “skin in the game” when it comes to actually protecting our freedoms. I would be the first condemning cops, should their actions be irrational and non justified. But on this case they were.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The same overall common sense of the members here is seen in this scenario where a guy had every right not to help police with their investigation. It's a slippery slope when "law" enforcement is authorized to deprive someone of their liberty if there's even a sliver of probability. I'm pro police all day long but I don't believe in bending rules in the slightest to investigate/arrest/prosecute people.

That is where you are wrong, bud. And where I think many are confused…

NO ONE here is saying that the guy HAD to help police. I have stated so in this thread several times. He could have sat there as a deaf mute. He didn’t even have to be polite. Lol.

But what he DID have to do was follow commands while actively detained. THIS IS THE LAW. There is no ands, buts or ifs.

He had to follow commands such as:

- 2 sec mark: Hands on steering wheel.
- 18 sec mark: Dont touch, dont touch, dont touch! (as he grabs for the door and attempts to close on the officer).
- 27 sec mark: step out of the car (after being explained the reason for the engagement).
- 36 sec mark: step out the car (2nd time).
- 40 sec mark: step out of car (3rd time, AFTER being told that he was detained for an active investigation.)
- 47 sec mark: step out of car (4th time, after being told that he is detained for a 2nd time, now with some gentle assistance by the officer).
- 51 sec mark: step on out (5th time, now guy starts resisting)
- 56 sec mark: step on out. (6th time, guy still resisting)
- 59 sec mark: step out of the car please (7th time, still resisting).

by the 1:02 sec mark, guy was active resisting officers… he continued to resist until the 2:12ish mark…

and that ladies and gents is how he put himself in said predicament. Like it or not…

Another thing to note, the way the video is edited is highly biased against police and to fit the BLM narrative… its a left sided tactic to tug at people’s feels… LOL

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Yet you have 0 clue about the Bill of Rights, where they came from, or who they apply to.

The icing on the cake is the charges were dropped, and guy will win his civil suit making him a millionaire.

So

yeah.
Typical California ***.

Stay in and enjoy your shit hole state. LOL

dan1982

Established Member
I know you are not a cop hater, hence, why I am so surprised at your lack of support for the police on this one. Even more surprised that you hinted at “racism” for their actions… Wut?!?! Lol. THAT really was out of left field.

I also very much cherish my constitutional rights. This is a nation of freedom and this is accomplished by rule of law. The same laws that protect our rights, also allow the police to detain a potential suspect to investigate a crime.

With that said, I very much understand that under the law and during an active investigation of a potentially dangerous crime, the police may stop me to “investigate” and ask a few questions. I dont “have” to answer any questions (although I dont see why any normal non guilty citizen would not want to help the investigation), but you do have to follow guidance / orders so as to mantain everyon’s safety while under brief detention/investigation.

The engagement by the police on this particular instance was legit. This was not some random stop where no crime had been committed and they were just ****ing with a black guy.

The police approached the car a bit stiff, because had this been the right guy it could have easily been a very dangerous situation. The guy in this case instantly resisted, even after being explained what was going on. YOU CANT DO THAT.

You, as the police, can not allow the potential perp to dictate the terms of the engagement. You, as the police, would have to take charge of the situation.

The refusal of the suspect to cooperate and his resistance was what caused for him to be roughed up. Thats on him, not the police!

I don't care what color you are, you follow guidance while under detention. There is no ifs or buts. ITS THE LAW.

Im not a cop but like you, I have also put “skin in the game” when it comes to actually protecting our freedoms. I would be the first condemning cops, should their actions be irrational and non justified. But on this case they were.
Why bother? If a person wants to see ghosts... he will most likely see them. The people are gonna get what they want. ANYONE with any time on the job in law enforement is letting ALOT of stuff/people just go. And i dont blame them. If every move i ever made was on video, its better to just sit in the cruiser and do nothing. Just let everyone enjoy their constitutional rights. Dont arrest anybody. Let the bad guys ply their trade and give the people what they want/ DONT TAKE THE CHANCE at possibly violating someones right. Whats funny and fuked up is that just a week ago a newjack(at the prison) got punched SQUARE in his face and bit on his thigh. Why u ask? u know. Paralysis by analysis. We all feel it. Just yesterday i had to SCREAM at a guy in a population area(dangerous situation for all) to not interfere with facility movement. I actually had to say and issues 3 direct orders/ it wasnt until i said " Im gonna dump you on the concrete if you dont move along" that i got compliance. SAD. IM 100 percent sure that isnt proper etiquitte tho. But i got what i wanted. Even still... the inmate was STILL taling shyt while walking away. Im 100 percent sure this beef isnt over. He will be back.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why bother? If a person wants to see ghosts... he will most likely see them. The people are gonna get what they want. ANYONE with any time on the job in law enforement is letting ALOT of stuff/people just go. And i dont blame them. If every move i ever made was on video, its better to just sit in the cruiser and do nothing. Just let everyone enjoy their constitutional rights. Dont arrest anybody. Let the bad guys ply their trade and give the people what they want/ DONT TAKE THE CHANCE at possibly violating someones right. Whats funny and fuked up is that just a week ago a newjack(at the prison) got punched SQUARE in his face and bit on his thigh. Why u ask? u know. Paralysis by analysis.

Unfortunately, you are correct. The left is successfully carrying on their Psy Ops, making cops out to be the bad guys and sheeple are eating it up. Because “mah feelz”, “RAciZms!”etc.

No way would I sign up to be a cop, they currently have them by the throat, thanks to all the lefties.

Obviously there are bad apples (just like in every field), but if you don’t support the police, you are ass backwards.

dan1982

Established Member
Unfortunately, you are correct. The left is successfully carrying on their Psy Ops, making cops out to be the bad guys and sheeple are eating it up. Because “mah feelz”, “RAciZms!”etc.

No way would I sign up to be a cop, they currently have them by the throat, thanks to all the lefties.

Obviously there are bad apples (just like in every field), but if you don’t support the police, you are ass backwards.
And think about this... in my above example, every inmate SAW THIS HAPPEN. they watched that newjack take a face shot and deliver NOTHING in return. There is a balance of power in these places..... a delicate one. And nothing ever hapened to the inmate. Everyone is terrfiied to go hands on, most of them are new. I get it.... i just dont like it. Some of these officers.... the newjacks.... it would be their VERY FIRST fistfight. Think about that. A maximum security prison is a TERRIBLE place to have your very first fight. After almost 18 years on this job... I still run a BLOODS housing unit. I think i do it because it keeps me sharp/its never boring. I could EASILY take a comfy DO_NOTHING post, i have the time/seniority... Lately though... i gotta be honest. Its wearing me out. i feel it. i HATE dealing with these 18/19/20 year old kids. I dont have the stomach for it anymore..... (constantly being in battle mode, and dealing with JAW DROPPING stupidity). More and more, im feeling like its time for me to pass the torch. Honestly though... its bittersweet. I HATE the feeling like im tucking tail and bidding out to a different job.

Last edited:

dan1982

Established Member
i hate to say this. But when i take my post at work, i call around to see how many female red dot responders are assigned to the area. me.... myself, i want my red rot responders at least 6 feet tall and over 200 pounds. I often wonder if someone has to be killed before they STOP assigning females as red dot responders. They have a can of mace... BUTT.... the mace doesnt work on ALL inmates. ALSO... using mace is a "UI"... an unusual incident. Any unusual incident HAS TO BE immediately reported to Albany. A fight doesnt. POLOTICS. I have never used mace.... dont ever plan on it. We were only given mace 5 or 6 years ago when the TRINATARIOS were at war with the bloods. It was a WILD time. Several HUNDRED cans of mace were used. It was baptism by fire.... anyone who got through that as an officer is OK by me.

Last edited:

dan1982

Established Member
What does that have to do with anything though? She pulled a gun on someone for a cookie. That's most definitely a go to jail offense.
how do u KNOW though? U have to violate her constitutional rights to find out right? They could have gotten the WRONG CAR. it happens. Its not illegal to get it wrong.

Last edited:

2011fiveliter

Established Member

So

yeah.
Dude,
You are so full of crap. Just because charges were dropped doesn't mean he wasn't wrong. Again, thousands of people a year get off legitimate charges. Some are very serious like murder. And no one knows if he will win his civil suit. Depends on how much the department wants to fight the case. Most times it is just easier to settle and move on. People can sue for anything in society today and win.

I would like to know what you think the cops should of done in this case? You think they should of just walked away because the guy decided he was going to answer their questions? That isn't going to happen in an active investigation.

2011fiveliter

Established Member

Zyborg,
You can try to speak reason to some people. But it really doesn't make sense to them. It is the exact reason why many of the same individuals end up arrested or dead. Because they think they know more than they do.

It is very easy to follow lawful commands, and then fight anything that you feel was unjustified in courts. Instead of fighting it in the streets leaving yourself opened for injury or even shot.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude,
You are so full of crap. Just because charges were dropped doesn't mean he wasn't wrong. Again, thousands of people a year get off legitimate charges. Some are very serious like murder. And no one knows if he will win his civil suit. Depends on how much the department wants to fight the case. Most times it is just easier to settle and move on. People can sue for anything in society today and win.

I would like to know what you think the cops should of done in this case? You think they should of just walked away because the guy decided he was going to answer their questions? That isn't going to happen in an active investigation.

Haha… I guess his dumbass thinks Hunter B, is also innocent!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Zyborg,
You can try to speak reason to some people. But it really doesn't make sense to them. It is the exact reason why many of the same individuals end up arrested or dead. Because they think they know more than they do.

It is very easy to follow lawful commands, and then fight anything that you feel was unjustified in courts. Instead of fighting it in the streets leaving yourself opened for injury or even shot.

Indeed.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
And think about this... in my above example, every inmate SAW THIS HAPPEN. they watched that newjack take a face shot and deliver NOTHING in return. There is a balance of power in these places..... a delicate one. And nothing ever hapened to the inmate. Everyone is terrfiied to go hands on, most of them are new. I get it.... i just dont like it. Some of these officers.... the newjacks.... it would be their VERY FIRST fistfight. Think about that. A maximum security prison is a TERRIBLE place to have your very first fight. After almost 18 years on this job... I still run a BLOODS housing unit. I think i do it because it keeps me sharp/its never boring. I could EASILY take a comfy DO_NOTHING post, i have the time/seniority... Lately though... i gotta be honest. Its wearing me out. i feel it. i HATE dealing with these 18/19/20 year old kids. I dont have the stomach for it anymore..... (constantly being in battle mode, and dealing with JAW DROPPING stupidity). More and more, im feeling like its time for me to pass the torch. Honestly though... its bittersweet. I HATE the feeling like im tucking tail and bidding out to a different job.
Yeah, man. You definitely have a TOUGH job. Respect to that.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude,

I'd agree with most of your comment, but the charges they applied to him in this case were obviously retaliatory. Any fair-minded person can see that. Hence the reason they were dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread