Unhappy SRT-10 Owner

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
I was checking out the competition's forum and there is a guy over there crying about his truck. If you want a hot rod truck your going to pay one-way or another. Here is his post.

"I know alot of you guys on here love your tucks more than anything but someone has to feel the way I do. This has to be the absolute worst vehicle in history. First off, It has lost over $15,000 in value from what I paid for it not even a year ago. I have spent $240 in oil changes..... and thats only 2 oil changes!!. This thing rides like shit, even worse since I boomered it. It gets 8 mpg when I drive like a grandma, 5 if I drive like a normal 21 year old. Its really not that fast, especially compared to my old ZO6 or especially my twin turbo supra. Cant tow anything, cant haul anything heavy. Absolutely no driving in the snow, hell it practicly gets stuck in the rain! About the only cool thing I have done with it is haul my 62" tv home from best buy.. and I had to take the fricken wing off to do that! I have learned from my mistakes and not to be so compulsive when it comes to buying shit, especially pointless non practical vehicles that sound cool because they have a "viper" engine..."

-Future Non-Owner of an SRT-10
#2498 out of 3057
Built 6/10/2004
http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8633

Last edited:

herb101

Dis-Member-ed
Established Member
Sounds to me like the same list of reasons everyone had for not buying one in the first place. :kaboom:

Can we all say - "told you so!"

Oh yeah - add in the clutch/tranny probs.

Personally, I like those trucks, but they are not as 'multipurposable' as the L.

Herb

203Cree

Established Member
Hey, we have guys do the same thing, so don't knock him. And if you read further into the thread, he calms down and becomes a bit more reasonable. Guess the truck just really doesn't fit his needs.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I thought you were talking about your Lightning!

That sucks though that he doesn't like something that he spent like 45K on.

gbgary

Established Member
NewKid said:
I thought you were talking about your Lightning!

i did too at first. some quotation marks would have helped. well i'm glad i got a lightning...only wish i'd got one a few months earlier. because there were no new ones left i had to get a used one with 3k miles on it.

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
203Cree said:
Hey, we have guys do the same thing, so don't knock him. And if you read further into the thread, he calms down and becomes a bit more reasonable. Guess the truck just really doesn't fit his needs.
I'm not knocking this guy, just re-posting his comments. I love fast cars and trucks, and if I had a million bucks I'd probably have a SRT-10 in my garage parked next to my Lightning. I just thought some of our guys might like to know that all is not perfect in the other world as well. :coolman:
34007-1245-29009.jpg

MAT2CH

Enjoy The Ride
Established Member
gbgary said:
i did too at first. some quotation marks would have helped. well i'm glad i got a lightning...only wish i'd got one a few months earlier. because there were no new ones left i had to get a used one with 3k miles on it.
Sorry, I went back and fixed that.................
34007-1245-29009.jpg

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
i tow a tandom axle car hauler behind my lightning, with My beater toyota loaded up,
It will pull it no problem, except the truck kinda had a little shimmy of bounce to it, i dont think the tow rating is quite what they say, but with a simple air assist. it wouldnt be a problem.......

I still love my truck though. Who else can smoke the back tires off, while having prob 4000lbs on the hitch...... Noone. especially a 6spd non towing mopar. poor fella

203Cree

Established Member
MAT2CH said:
I'm not knocking this guy, just re-posting his comments. I love fast cars and trucks, and if I had a million bucks I'd probably have a SRT-10 in my garage parked next to my Lightning. I just thought some of our guys might like to know that all is not perfect in the other world as well. :coolman:
34007-1245-29009.jpg

:beer:

Red Snake

Established Member
Hate to see anyone that upset with such a major purchase. Sounds like he didn't do enough research before he opened up his wallet. :burn:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
It's a shame that he doesn't like his truck. I really like the Ram, but there's just a lot of little things that bother me about it.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I love the rivalry between the Lightnings and the SRT10s. Reminds me of when I was a little boy and my uncle had his 1970 Mustang. He was always bashing the hell out of every Chevy Camaro that he ran across. I remember riding with him once, and a puke green Camaro outran his 'Stang. Boy was he pissed. I thought he was going to shoot someone...LOL.

Nothin' like a little competition.

Users who are viewing this thread