Unhappy SRT-10 Owner

Flying Low

Established Member
CKERR134 said:
5 mpgs that would be it for me, god i love my truck even more

Something is wrong with his truck if he is only getting 5 MPG. I average 11-12 under normal driving. 9-10 if I drive it hard and 14 on long trips.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
off topic but I really like the black background on SVTP... after sitting at the SRTforum for a while, holy splitting headache. But that could have been becuase of other things too.

Gottorque?

Established Member
beenstruck said:
you better be faster then me in a turbo v10... thats just stupid...
Aw comon now been, you know the deal. Run what ya brung/hope its enough. I dont complain when a built L smokes me..... in fact I like it in my own sick little way. And I've never smoked an L yet that complains to me, they always are cool because I'm respectful. You really dont seem like a bad guy, and I'm sure in person you'd be cool to meet at a track. Just try to be a little less bitter with srts. Trust me, they as a whole respect L's.... and it wouldnt hurt you to show some respect back. After all, you WILL be beat by some, sooner or later. :thumbsup:
Nothing wrong with the friendly rivalry..... just this bitter hatred crap has GOT to go between srts and L's. :rolling:

Flying Low

Established Member
LightningMAS said:
someone need to tell these guys that our L's stock can run low to mid 13's..

Don't forget to tell your guys that with just minor mods we are faster than 14's.

Those statements on the other forum are from previous L owners. I have never owned an L so I can't comment on what a stock L can do. However I have read on this forum people saying their stock L's have run 14's. I don't think that is always the case. Driver and track conditions play a big part in all of this. I think you will be hard press to find an SRT-10 owner that does not know what the L is capable of. If you do find one then those are the guys that are:

a. Probably not on a forum so that really have no clue about other trucks
b. Probably think their truck runs low 12's stock and will beat anything on the streets.

Smoke

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Did the dumbass do any research or take a test drive? What a dingleberry. I took a test drive in a used SRT-10 last summer. I immediately was happy that I'd gone with a Lightning.

flab2fab

Established Member
Explain this...how does a 21 year old have the means to already afford a twin turbo supra, a ZO6, an SRT10 Ram, and a 61" big screen?

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
He is in for a suprise when it comes to Clutches. He is going to be replaceing a few, a guy in Red Deer Alberta has 2 of them a reg cab and a crew cab, Pat (bluelightning) was always taunting him, dean raced him one day and he will never challenge pat again i herd. The guy who ouns the2 srt 10's is a local 50 some odd yearmold rich guy with a mouthy 23 year old son the 2 of them were at the track last summer and his kid was not well liked, Dumber yet he raced some Lightning from Edmonton and the Lightning one. you should of heard them yoodle then. LOL

Flying Low

Established Member
Cluthes are weak but not too many have had to replace them. Bad launching and or towing will shorten the life span of the clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread