Underdrive Pulleys

SVTCobra8683

SVT Poster
Established Member
So recently the belt started squealing and has been anoying the hell out of me. I could just replace the belt and call it a day, but I figured why not replace the pullys as well for some extra HP :-D. So what pullys would you recommend ? I have looked at two kinds now BBK and Steeda.

Tarball

Established Member
MARCH 3pc kit, get the Alt(4in) and Powers steering pulleys from them too. Those last 2 are the Cobra R pulleys.

rich01cobra

Established Member
i've had steeda u/d's on mine since 2004 and have put about 50k miles on the car since. don't regret it at all.

SVTCobra8683

SVT Poster
Established Member
S- E- A- R- C- H-

+1 on the March setup.

I have been reading up on some old post and it looks like March is the way to go. As for the what pulley I should buy I think I will only pick up the fluidamper crank pulley; I'm not looking to break my oil pump :nonono:

Tarball

Established Member
I have been reading up on some old post and it looks like March is the way to go. As for the what pulley I should buy I think I will only pick up the fluidamper crank pulley; I'm not looking to break my oil pump :nonono:

the 1180 kit includes a fluid based dampener pulley, and comes with a water pump and a smaller alternator pulley, but threw my alt pulley out and got the bigger R alt pulley.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
i've been trying to buy the Steed UDP but had no luck, everyone seems to have them on back order (10 to 15 days):shrug:

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
I picked up 11 hp and 10 trq with the Steeda set. It's a good mod if you are going to stay N/A and not rev the shit out of the motor.

BTW this subject has been beat to death. Do a search and make your own decision based on your goals, budget, etc. etc.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Just remeber if ever get a S/C you are better off with stock or oversized pullies. The UDP's take away from the amount of boost you can make

stang8762

Established Member
I was a little confused so i called March on this :

March-1158 is just the sfi damper

March-1180 and 1175 (Depending on long or short style water pump) is the sfi damper , alt pulley and water pump pulley sold as a kit and includes the same sfi damper as the March-1158 . Both have the same hp increase its just that the kit provides a smaller alt pulley for charging and looks nicer.

One question that i did have was that if im changing the Balancer i should probably change the balancer bolt as well ? Are they a one time use only? Does arp make one or is Oem Good for the street?

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Speaking of running NO Belt, at the track I always used to use a short belt on my 89GT to bypass the air pump and power steering pullies, has anyone configured a short belt setup for our 99-01's for dragstrip runs? Can the power steering,AC and even Alt pulley be bypassed? I took a look at it and I'm thinking somehow you could route a belt for the crank, water pump, idler and tensioner?

Users who are viewing this thread