Undecided on Stance

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it can come down a little more. That's just me though. I like'em a little low.
Also, maybe add some spacers to the rear to have the wheels peak out just a bit more. They look buried back there. (Maybe it's the angle of the photo that's throwing it off?) Not a big fan of spacers though either.

97gtconv.

Established Member
if the springs are brand new and not used ones i'd wait a month, by than the front and rear would settle.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I think it can come down a little more. That's just me though. I like'em a little low.
Also, maybe add some spacers to the rear to have the wheels peak out just a bit more. They look buried back there. (Maybe it's the angle of the photo that's throwing it off?) Not a big fan of spacers though either.
I'm not a fan of spacers, but yes, the rear wheels are lost in the rear of that car's big butt. It is begging for a set of staggered wheels and tires.

For the right price, I would try a 3/4" - 1" spacer. For what they are though, I can't afford to experiment.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
if the springs are brand new and not used ones i'd wait a month, by than the front and rear would settle.
Springs, Isos, and X2 ball joints have been in for a month or so. I kept dragging the midpipe on the screwed up roads we have here so I put the spacers for the X2s on the spring to give me back 1/4-1/2" of clearance. That tiny bit made a huge difference.

Sadly my 07 Nissan Altima outperforms the Mustang in the corners.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I'm not a fan of spacers, but yes, the rear wheels are lost in the rear of that car's big butt. It is begging for a set of staggered wheels and tires.

For the right price, I would try a 3/4" - 1" spacer. For what they are though, I can't afford to experiment.

I have custom made spacers in the rear. I run a 315 on 10.5" replicas. I put the wheels/tires on the car and then used a 4' level to get plumb from the fender/wheel opening and measured the distance from the tire to the plumb edge and then had the spacers made. The tire is perfectly flush with the wheel lip now.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member

Yup - we are gonna need some more pics....

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm game. I will have to try and find a good place to take a few good pics of the old GT.

...and now I want wheel spacers until I purchase a staggered set of wheels. Lol

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Boredom produced a few more pics. Plus I liked the lighting in the parking lot.

Yes, the OEM wheels really make the car look weaker than it already is. Those poor rears.
20180501_235807.jpg
20180502_003109.jpg
20180502_003312.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it looks just fine. If you're happy with the ride and ground clearance right now, I wouldn't change anything, except for 18" wheels as already mentioned.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
The one from front driver so the gap perfect. I think it’s right where it should be in the front.

I can’t see the back but it looks from the body line that you have a very small rake. Which again perfect.

I tried buying a car like this with blown trans, bad roof , and super filthy. Dude wanted $6000 still, I don’t own it. Wish he would have negotiated cause this is my fav body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I think it looks just fine. If you're happy with the ride and ground clearance right now, I wouldn't change anything, except for 18" wheels as already mentioned.
Donations are welcome. Lol

I would love a staggered set of 18×9 / 18×10 or 10.5

That won't be in the cards for a while.

97gtconv.

Established Member
driving the great roads of Pennsylvania with long tubes and catted h-pipe I wouldn't want anymore of a drop on a daily driver than what you have now Revv.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
With the latest pic the car looks good the way it stands. Add some front cobra/mach 1/ bullitt brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread