Undecided on Stance

KEVINS

Established Member
IMO it's not the stance but the tiny rear tires/wheels. They look waaay small to me.

ks

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I keep looking at 3/4" and 1" spacers. Manufacturers are quite proud of those hub centric aluminum chunks of metal.

If anyone has a set of used ones, let me know. I am willing to give them a try.

My fear is in regard to broken wheel studs, etc. I don't want to lose a wheel. That would suck while out driving.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The car looks nice. I’d wait until you need tires and then sell the old setup and find a nice used staggered set. I’m not a fan of spacers.
This is the plan. I don't plan to sell the original wheels though.

I doubt I will need tired for another year or so. This car really is babied.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I keep looking at 3/4" and 1" spacers. Manufacturers are quite proud of those hub centric aluminum chunks of metal.

If anyone has a set of used ones, let me know. I am willing to give them a try.

My fear is in regard to broken wheel studs, etc. I don't want to lose a wheel. That would suck while out driving.

My custom spacers are hub centric billet aluminum. When you get new wheels let me know, I'll put you in touch with the guy that will get you a perfect fit.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm glad the tires are good at the moment. I'm not 100% what style wheel I want. I know I want staggered, just not sure what size.

At the moment my biggest concern is an exhaust. I'm trying to figure out how to put that puzzle together with all of the other stuff I have going on at the moment.

97gtconv.

Established Member
I think it looks good. So the C springs are the same or close to the eibach sport springs? I got a friend that is looking to get rid of the stock stance with his GT. He's running 18" staggered salleens. He's been looking for a daily driver style and feel kinda springs that don't require off set steering rack bushings, C/C plates. He's planning on getting long tubes and a catted midpipe doesn't want it scraping speed bumps and the glorious roads of Pennsylvania. To me these springs would be a great choice for him.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I think it looks good. So the C springs are the same or close to the eibach sport springs? I got a friend that is looking to get rid of the stock stance with his GT. He's running 18" staggered salleens. He's been looking for a daily driver style and feel kinda springs that don't require off set steering rack bushings, C/C plates. He's planning on getting long tubes and a catted midpipe doesn't want it scraping speed bumps and the glorious roads of Pennsylvania. To me these springs would be a great choice for him.
The C springs are great in my opinion. Unlike the Eibach and FRPP B springs, the Cs are linear, not progressive. The ride is a bit more stiff, but they allow the car to become predictable. Everything stays flat in the corners.

I did not need C/C plates. I was running Steeda X2 ball joints without the spacer, and I scraped my midpipe a few times. That made the decision to put the spacers in easy.

I am running polyerothane isolators. A friend of mine is running C springs and no isos. There is roughly a 2 finger gap on all four corners. He is running 17×10.5 wheels in the rear. No rubbing issues. He does scrape and high center on some driveways. That 1/2" means a lot.

BMCGC

Established Member
My daughter has the same wheel/tire setup. Im going to install 1.5 spacers on the rear if they come in Friday I will send you a pic.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
My daughter has the same wheel/tire setup. Im going to install 1.5 spacers on the rear if they come in Friday I will send you a pic.
I would love to see as many pics as possible. This particular Mustang is my toy, and daily driver at the moment. The intention was to have it serve as a cruise in show car. At the moment it's pulling double duty.

If I add spacers, I want no more than 1".

As for my suspension set up:
Shocks are all Motorcraft for now.
FRPP C springs.
Steeda X2 ball joints with spacers.
Poly Isolators.
Tubular rear control arms.

I will admit, the car handles much better, but really needs a panhard bar. As it sits, my 07 Altima out performs this car in the corners. The Mustang four link is not a performance suspension by any means.

The car will hook in the rain in a straight line. I also still have the quad shocks installed. I honestly cannot believe how terrible the factory 4 link is. My lower control arms were cracked.

Last edited:

BMCGC

Established Member
Ive got 17x9 04 Cobra rims with tubular control arms, poly isolators, 1 coil cut off all 4 springs, no quads. Im adding 1in spacers as well. Im looking for a new gear set or swapping out to a New Edge rear end. Im not so concerned with performance, we just want a nice weekender. I can go a lot faster, a lot cheaper on two wheels than 4 wheels.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Ive got 17x9 04 Cobra rims with tubular control arms, poly isolators, 1 coil cut off all 4 springs, no quads. Im adding 1in spacers as well. Im looking for a new gear set or swapping out to a New Edge rear end. Im not so concerned with performance, we just want a nice weekender. I can go a lot faster, a lot cheaper on two wheels than 4 wheels.
As a rider myself, I understand that. I drag raced bikes because I could run in the 7s much cheaper than with 4 wheels.

Do you have any pics of the car as it sits. I would love to see it.

BMCGC

Established Member
Worked on my daughters 2004 V6 tonight.

X-pipe, lowering, oem GT catback, GT sway bars, shocks and struts.

Should finish up tomorrow and take some pics.

BMCGC

Established Member
2004 V6/5 speed, my daughter has owned it since it was new. 100% stock until this weekend.

Pypes x-pipe
OEM 2001 GT cat back
OEM 2001 F&R sway bars
OEM 17x8 bullets 245/45/17
stock springs - 1 coil, front and rear
Fox struts / Mach 1 shocks
1" spacer on front / 1.5" spacer on rear
GT rear bumper

I gave her the wheels and tires, everything else we got for $500.

The spring isolators are in the fronts, the rear doesnt have any. We are going to put the rears in to get rid of the squeak and raise it up a bit.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/7288/WWWqcV.jpg

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/8449/i07qDb.jpg

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/2994/fixH5J.jpg

Last edited:

BMCGC

Established Member
BTW: We bought a package of 2 spark plug extenders from Autozone for $6.

Drilled out the hole in the bottom and screwed them into the rear 02 sensor bungs on the x-pipe. Extended the wiring harness by soldering in an extra 20in of wire.
No check engine light.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
2004 V6/5 speed, my daughter has owned it since it was new. 100% stock until this weekend.

Pypes x-pipe
OEM 2001 GT cat back
OEM 2001 F&R sway bars
OEM 17x8 bullets 245/45/17
stock springs - 1 coil, front and rear
Fox struts / Mach 1 shocks
1" spacer on front / 1.5" spacer on rear
GT rear bumper

I gave her the wheels and tires, everything else we got for $500.

The spring isolators are in the fronts, the rear doesnt have any. We are going to put the rears in to get rid of the squeak and raise it up a bit.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/7288/WWWqcV.jpg

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/8449/i07qDb.jpg

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/2994/fixH5J.jpg
The car looks really good. It appears that many more years of fun are planned.

Users who are viewing this thread