unbias poll

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you don't need a back seat, get the Z06. It's light, a blast to drive, and still respond well to mods the majority of people would do to either a GT500 or Z06.

I would not get a regular C6 over a GT500.

I needed the room so I have a GT500. Fun car but it isn't a two seat sports car.

Last edited:

svtbolt2001

Established Member
Vettes really are great cars.

Cobras are better, but only because of the rear seat, easy HP, and build quality.

I had a vette and would have bought another except for the 2 seats. Its power to weight ratio and fuel economy make up for its other shortcomings.

TexasShelby

Established Member
To answer your question, you need to ask yourself what type of car are you wanting. Sprintstang is right....nothing beats the muscle car of the GT500 and it will beat a C6, although you'd need to mod it fairly well to take on a Z06.

My personal experiences are that even today, with my 07 vert, I roll into a parking lot or a cruise and people still walk right past vettes, camaros, challengers and the such to look at "the Shelby" and at one car show a bunch of us were standing around and some popped off and said, why don't you run the vette sitting next to my shelby if it's so hot....it was a 700 hp blown z06...no shelby owner in their right mind would..but I smiled (me knowing that he was actually a friend of mine and they didn't) and said, of course I would! everyone quit talking. I said, "I'll run any vette. An 1/8th, 1/4, 1 mile, 10 mile. Drag, road track what ever he wanted....for $10,000". They all gasped, but my friend and he rolled his eyes cuz he knew what was coming.
I then said, "I'll run him for $10,000, the first one across the line with his 3 best friends in the car wins! Oh wait, that's right, vette owners don't have 3 friends. :)"
Everyone fell on the floor and he just shook his head and smiled again.

Jc...I know how hard it is to make that decision and hope you will enjoy what you get. I was looking for 3 years when I saw a tiny blurb in the bottom of a car and driver in 04 about how Ford and Shelby might do something. I knew then that would be the car I'd have. I waited on a list for 2 years and even with the TSB clutch debacle, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's a great car, it's fun, it's drivable and my boys love it when I take them to a sleep over and we roll up in it...and well, the other dad's just drool. ;-)

And Slocum, you are one funny guy...that was some funny crap.
Not long ago the vendor that makes the side badges for the snake that displays horsepower on them came out over on TS and we were all saying we wanted V6 badges and 250hp badges....that would be hilarious.

svtbolt2001

Established Member
To answer your question, you need to ask yourself what type of car are you wanting. Sprintstang is right....nothing beats the muscle car of the GT500 and it will beat a C6, although you'd need to mod it fairly well to take on a Z06.

My personal experiences are that even today, with my 07 vert, I roll into a parking lot or a cruise and people still walk right past vettes, camaros, challengers and the such to look at "the Shelby" and at one car show a bunch of us were standing around and some popped off and said, why don't you run the vette sitting next to my shelby if it's so hot....it was a 700 hp blown z06...no shelby owner in their right mind would..but I smiled (me knowing that he was actually a friend of mine and they didn't) and said, of course I would! everyone quit talking. I said, "I'll run any vette. An 1/8th, 1/4, 1 mile, 10 mile. Drag, road track what ever he wanted....for $10,000". They all gasped, but my friend and he rolled his eyes cuz he knew what was coming.
I then said, "I'll run him for $10,000, the first one across the line with his 3 best friends in the car wins! Oh wait, that's right, vette owners don't have 3 friends. :)"
Everyone fell on the floor and he just shook his head and smiled again.

Jc...I know how hard it is to make that decision and hope you will enjoy what you get. I was looking for 3 years when I saw a tiny blurb in the bottom of a car and driver in 04 about how Ford and Shelby might do something. I knew then that would be the car I'd have. I waited on a list for 2 years and even with the TSB clutch debacle, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's a great car, it's fun, it's drivable and my boys love it when I take them to a sleep over and we roll up in it...and well, the other dad's just drool. ;-)

And Slocum, you are one funny guy...that was some funny crap.
Not long ago the vendor that makes the side badges for the snake that displays horsepower on them came out over on TS and we were all saying we wanted V6 badges and 250hp badges....that would be hilarious.

Good stuff:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread