unbias poll

sprintstang

Established Member
Shelby because of the muscle car feel, c6 sports car class if you are looking for a 2 seater you fall to get in. I bought a c6 to buy and sell and after driving it home I knew it wasnt something I liked compared to a shelby, it ran good but just doesnt have the sitting up muscle feel.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Top speed/mile fun, vette. Weight and aerodynamics
Street bruiser, 500. More comfortable car to hit the street with 1000 hp.

gtcs07

Established Member
Drove both after I sold my 07 GT. Wasnt a question in my mind I just did not like the vette

jcveron

Established Member
i have driven both. i like them both. i just dont know which one i would rather own

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Yeah, you come in a GT500 Forum and ask for an unbiased answer. Most of us on here can afford a C6 Vette and yet we own GT500's. There's your answer from the vast majority of this crowd.

In my experience, for 90% of us, you're either a Mustang guy or a Corvette guy. Neither is better than the other, just different. You need to decide where you fit.

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Like others have said it depends on what you want the car for. I'm actually a fan of Vettes, my buddy has a C6 07 with every bolt-on imaginable. We've roll raced several times when I had a tune only and it was bad for him. I don't know what this top end everyone is always talking about with the Vette? Maybe in the Z but against the C6 it actually got worse and worse for him at higher speeds. After my pulley he won't even race me now, lol. Everytime we go somewhere he wants to go in my car.

IMO if your going to get a Vette go with the Z. I would even take a C5Z if I was really looking at buying a Vette.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a friend of mine that was looking to sell his C-6 to buy a 2012 GT500 that was coming in at our local dealership. I drove his car around for a while and for the price I just didn't bond with the car and it was a good price. He traded it in on the GT500. I drove the GT500 a few times and checked out the Mustang 5.0 and then kicked around ordering the Boss 302. I decided on and ordered the GT500. I found the GT500 much more fun to drive than the corvette and ingress and egress is a lot easier in the mustang. As for my friend, he also much prefers his GT500 to his former ride.

As suggested, drive them both. In 2003, I wanted to buy a Terminator in a bad way. I found out I didn't fit that well in the older mustang and found the cabin far too cramped. I think to be able to enjoy a car, it has to be comfortable. I've been watching the GT500 since they came out, but the dealer mark-ups turned me off. I had a 2009 GT500 offered to me at invoice, but I had just bought a 2008 F-150 a few months prior. I'm glad I waited, but with the 2013 coming out, I might not have waited long enough. But unless there is some overwhelming, compelling reason to trade up, I don't think that's going to happen. I just got a VMP TVS to make up for any potential horsepower envy and to keep the ZL1s in check.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If objectivity is what you seek, it would only seem fair if you were to visit a Corvette forum and ask the same question. Then you could analyze responses from both camps, however fairly.

Users who are viewing this thread