Unbelievable Progress

MattG04

Established Member
Installed my catback exhaust yesterday while most if not all of you wont much care for my selection it worked out awesome as far as im concerned. I went with the low line Pypes system with the M80 resonators. I bought my Cobra in Dec and it was bone stock and pretty much still is. I got to drive it for all of 3 days until I figured out I had a very Slight head gasket leaking on number 2 at which time I pulled the motor and heads and had everything checked and done several upgrades while it was apart. All the while of the series of upgrades done the noticeable improvement was the $461.99 Pypes catback system while Summit titles it race-pro and lethal titles it violater they are the same system. It sounded rather docile when the car was started while its loud its not too loud being the rest of the exhaust is still factory stock it feels like I've gained 50 horsepower literally. I've had mustangs for 20 years and had 20-25 different mustangs with an 85 GT being my first and the oldest model I've had from Foxbodies to new edge cars this is my first Terminator and modded all the cars I've owned. This is the far best gain I have personally experienced with such a simple bolt on. I am seriously excited now to see what a 2.9 pulley and X4 SCT that will allow me to drive the car before I have it strapped down on the rollers.
2015-04-22 18.46.39.jpg2015-04-22 16.59.36.jpg2015-04-22 18.46.56.jpg

Reqiuem00

Established Member
Installed my catback exhaust yesterday while most if not all of you wont much care for my selection it worked out awesome as far as im concerned. I went with the low line Pypes system with the M80 resonators. I bought my Cobra in Dec and it was bone stock and pretty much still is. I got to drive it for all of 3 days until I figured out I had a very Slight head gasket leaking on number 2 at which time I pulled the motor and heads and had everything checked and done several upgrades while it was apart. All the while of the series of upgrades done the noticeable improvement was the $461.99 Pypes catback system while Summit titles it race-pro and lethal titles it violater they are the same system. It sounded rather docile when the car was started while its loud its not too loud being the rest of the exhaust is still factory stock it feels like I've gained 50 horsepower literally. I've had mustangs for 20 years and had 20-25 different mustangs with an 85 GT being my first and the oldest model I've had from Foxbodies to new edge cars this is my first Terminator and modded all the cars I've owned. This is the far best gain I have personally experienced with such a simple bolt on. I am seriously excited now to see what a 2.9 pulley and X4 SCT that will allow me to drive the car before I have it strapped down on the rollers.
View attachment 40417View attachment 40418View attachment 40419

I think thats a hell of a gain from just exhaust, and the pypes violators are no borla stingers or ataks, but they are hella loud and sound great in my opinion. Cant wait to see what you do next great work!

toomanytoys

Established Member
I have the same system on my car. Wouldn't exactly call it low line however

Mach828

Established Member
Stock tune with a k&n filter /cai and catback will lean it out a lot and it will make a lot of power. I've seen dynos were the stock tune and pulley plus a cai&catback will make within a few hp of a pullied combo on a safe tune.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I always wanted a set of m80s whenever I had my GT. Some guy on moddedmustangs.com had a black GT with those on it, and it sounded beautiful...

But for these cobras I'm in love with the sound of a MAC catback paired with a X pipe..

Congrats on the progress!!!

MattG04

Established Member
I still have stock tune and stock pulley and stock air box, I plan on keeping stock air box and just adding a K&N possibly today, I have a reische 170* t stat, metco idlers, new clutch, cometic head gaskets, NGK iridiums. I also have Eibach pro kit springs and no time to install em. I bought this car bone stock. I believe once I pulley the blower and get a tuner, Im gonna add a styling bar and be done with the car as its my DD

MattG04

Established Member
Tips look nice. I see your still on the stock H. If you ever go O/R pipe it will be loud as all hell.

I put an Bassani offroad X pipe on it and your right its just rediculous, and to the OP I installed the aeroforce interceptor dual gauges with the wideband adapter and the A/F is right on the money as it should be. I tweaked my tune and threw a little more timing at it and car runs like a raped ape wearing purple sneakers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread