Two more excellent reasons to hate Treynor

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Great video Ben! Glad to see you tracking it.

Do people at your work ever try and guess what you are going to drive the next day? Or watch you pull up to see what car you drove that day?

Based on some of his previous posts it seems like theres probably plenty of big money cars rolling in and out of that place. Didn't McLaren or somebody like that bring cars out to their office for people to check out? Although I feel like he might have the fastest collection

UtahSVT

Established Member
Did I hear his comment correctly... "the next closest street car he has raced (under $1million) is a whole minute slower" ... ????

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Did I hear his comment correctly... "the next closest street car he has raced (under $1million) is a whole minute slower" ... ????
He said a 1:43 I thought, which is like 9 seconds slower.

Ben, I thought your GT350R went fairly quick?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
and to think. i had the chance to invest in Google at the beginning but my financial advisor told me to go with Solyndra. ****! :mad:

oldmachguy

Established Member
Loved the Steve McQueen quote from LeMans:

"When you're racing, it's life.
Anything that happens before or after - is just waiting."

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Ben, I know there was lap traffic and having to let off near the sound booth, but what times were you doing at Laguna?

I ran low 1:42 with the lift & traffic in the GT350R.
I ran high 1:35 under the same conditions in the Viper ACR

Comparing lift and no-lift times for me & Randy Pobst I was losing 3.1 secs with the lift. So corrected, that's 1:32 for the Viper and 1:39 for the GT350R. Which is 2-3 sec/lap off Randy's best times (presumably set on sticker tires and qualifying fuel) in both cases.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Treynor would you know if the 812 will only be available to the select current Ferrari owners or will it be publicly available.

side note: I wonder how the 512tDF will compare to the new 812

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Treynor would you know if the 812 will only be available to the select current Ferrari owners or will it be publicly available.
side note: I wonder how the 512tDF will compare to the new 812

The 812 is not a low-production vehicle, so I expect it'll be available to folks who might otherwise have previously ordered an F12. That said, typically Ferrari has more demand than supply in the first couple years of any model run, and Ferrari dealers don't jack up the new car prices to resolve the demand-supply conflict, so I expect the 812 will be hard come by until the initial rush of interest is satiated.

Compared to the F12 TDF, I expect the 812 to be similar in a straight line (more power but more weight) and slower in the corners. It's likely to have a more street-oriented suspension, tires etc. It'll also be more comfortable and quieter for street driving.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
The 812 is not a low-production vehicle, so I expect it'll be available to folks who might otherwise have previously ordered an F12. That said, typically Ferrari has more demand than supply in the first couple years of any model run, and Ferrari dealers don't jack up the new car prices to resolve the demand-supply conflict, so I expect the 812 will be hard come by until the initial rush of interest is satiated.

Compared to the F12 TDF, I expect the 812 to be similar in a straight line (more power but more weight) and slower in the corners. It's likely to have a more street-oriented suspension, tires etc. It'll also be more comfortable and quieter for street driving.

thanks. it looks like we will start seeing them stateside later this year. I think the F12 tdf and the 812 are two of of the most stunning Ferrari's to date. by the way just watched the dodge video. love stilo helmets yours look like the st4 carbon or st4w carbon. hard to find that one any more. i have a st5 carbon but i prefer the design of the st4 slightly

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
By the way just watched the dodge video. love stilo helmets yours look like the st4 carbon or st4w carbon. hard to find that one any more. i have a st5 carbon but i prefer the design of the st4 slightly

ST4W, you are correct. The new ST5 is also quite nice, their sizing is a bit different than the ST4 and you should try one on before ordering it, but it's a great helmet.

Users who are viewing this thread