Twinscrewed/stock motor to Twin 62s, Stroker and Th400 build thread

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I say this every time but I'm serious this time....... I want a ride in this thing when your done!!

Take some leave from work and get this thing going!!! Maybe you posted this already but who is getting the pleasure to tune this 1000 hp monster!!!

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I say this every time but I'm serious this time....... I want a ride in this thing when your done!!

Take some leave from work and get this thing going!!! Maybe you posted this already but who is getting the pleasure to tune this 1000 hp monster!!!

Brother you know I'll take you out just to make you shit yourself! Lol
Can't use any leave I need to save it for when the baby comes in October, along with going to BG :)

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Couple progress pics
image_2.jpg

The HPP upper didn't come with hardware since I bought it used :( after taking it to the hardware store I found that the bolts are a irregular size 1/4-12.... True Value had zero options in that size. So I had to drill and tap the intake for new M6 hardware. FUN FUN FUN

image_1.jpg

I found that the front mount would not be a direct bolt on, LOL. The piping would not clear the bumper/crash supports and the headlight buckets.... so out came the saw-saw. Ill be cleaning up the cuts and coating them with POR15 to prevent corrosion and then finish the cold pipe mock up before I drill for two more mounting holes.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
The front mount is also so big that it blocks where the power steering cooler mounts to, so my choices are to delete the cooler or I can fab a T bracket that mounts it just below the front mount. Choices......
power%20steering%20coolerpic.jpg

I was old by the previous kits owner that the motor would not go in with both headers attached. I should of at least tried but I didn't. I installed the motor and left the factory manifold studs in place. Well guess what...... the CG header would not clear the studs and fit with the motor installed :dw:
SO out came the majority of the studs and in went the header with half the bolts being ARH header bolts.
header%20pic3.jpg

header%20pic2.jpg

header%20pic1.jpg

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
What's the clearance like on the pass side header?
I'm in the middle of installing mine and it looks tight.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Got a little garage time this sunday! My buddy came down and we got the hot side installed. After 5 trips to the hardware store for different missing bolts, we were able to get it together. Next headaches are the power steering lines and brake lines :(

image_3.jpg

image_5.jpg

IMG_3561-1.jpg

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
A little more progress.... With turbo placement the power steering resivor needs to be relocated. So I cut down the factory bracket and drilled a couple holes in it and mounted it behind driver side fender. Bought all new hose and a t valve with 3 barb fittings and everything fit nicely behind fender. Only hose in engine bay is the one that runs from the cyclinder to the resivor. I covered it with wire loom and it blends in with battery relocation wires. Nice and clean and only cost me 25-30$ to do.
IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

Last edited:

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Got the sullivan back from Powder coat, turned out decent. Had it done in silver vein like my timing cover. After multiple trips to hardware store I replaced all bolts with SS Allen heads.
IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread