Twinscrewed/stock motor to Twin 62s, Stroker and Th400 build thread

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
:eek:Last year I fought multiple issues with the car from leaking fuel rails to failing alternators, blown boost bypass, and messing with the cars suspension. I pulled the blower in November to replace the ripped boost by pass, after doing so I got the wild hair to post the blower and see what offers I got. Needless to say it sold and from the the list has spiraled out of control! LOL
I decided to pull the new magnum and sell it in favor of a built TH400. After doing do I bought the th400 from our market section, needless to say the trans was destroyed and required and full rebuild. I decided to upgrade its internals further and had it built with billet internals. The whole th400 swap consists of a JW sfi modular bell housing, b&m ratchet shifter with trans brake, b&m trans cooler, dynatech custom driveshaft, sfi flex plate, custom console with relocated shifter and trans temp gauge, a UCC 3800 converter, and the th400 with reverse Manual valve body and trans brake.
I then decided I wanted to go turbo, so I bought a custom hellion T76 single kit with Sullivan out of the market. ( this would later change) lmao.
While the car was apart I really started thinking how long will the stock motor last and should I really do all this and have a ticking time bomb- so out came the stocker and sold it to a marauder guy!
I then started looking into what I should do motor wise. I came across what I thought was an amazing deal on a teksid 302 stroker with fr500 heads, cams and all arp hardware. After receiving the engine, I felt it was important to have it checked out. It was found with all the parts as described BUT, whoever assembled it just through it together! The machine shop found the rotating assembly off by 65 grams. The machine shop went through the whole motor, redecked, honed and balanced/blueprinted the rotating assembly. Bill Wise from BAP then assembled the topend and degreed the fr500 cams. We also upgraded a few items to MMRs secondary billet tensioner, arp side bolts, arp crank bolt, cam bolts, and cobra engineering upgraded dowel kit. I also went with MMRs oil pan, oil filter relocation kit, oil cooler delete, coolant crossover, and coolant tank delete. Motor was completed a month ago but after more thinking......more. Changes made hahaha.
I decided I wanted to go TWINS! Had a local buddy make me a offer on the single setup and I found a local guy selling his Twin Precision 6266 CG fabrication setup. So I jumped on it!
After purchasing this kit it was evident that the fuel system which was (twin 405s and Bosch 105s) lacking and would not meet my goal of 1000rwhp. So out came the tank and old fuel combo. I chose to go with the ID1300s and fore triple 465s and FC3 controller. The new turbo combination came with a Mach 1 intake which I intended on running, but after going back and forth with my goals I decided it was best to go with a Sullivan lower and Hpp upper. I found a powder coated upper on IG and ordered the Sullivan parts direct. Sullivan is 2 weeks out on the lowers, so I'm waiting on that.
So this weekend the reassembly kicked off! My great friend Jason (TurboVnm) from CSS, came down and assembled the new fuel hat and did all the wiring on the new FC3 controller while I finished installing the oil cooler delete and new lokar dipstick tube and motor mounts. We then installed the tank and dropped the motor in! Now all the tedious things are to come! Will update as I go.

image_17.jpg

image_18.jpg

image_19.jpg

image_16.jpg

image_15.jpg

image_14.jpg

image_13.jpg

image_12.jpg

image_11.jpg

image_9.jpg

image_8.jpg

image_7.jpg

URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/sbowen38/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_6.jpg.html]
image_6.jpg
[/URL]

image_3.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_1.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread