Twin turbo setup cost estimate

Fourcam330

Established Member
T88Wankel said:
If any of you live in Northwest Florida, I'd be glad to meet up with you and hand your ass to you personally.

I'll be down that way in a month or so with a naturally aspirated ~3300lbs Modular. Want some? :D There are street driven Mustangs that will own Pineapple motors too. With the right turbo(s) anything can be made fast.

Last edited:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I'm at $13k+ and basically just have the kit and a few supporting mods right now.. Without a doubt though the turbo kit is the biggest expense. A built short block, built rear, and a built auto combined will cost about the same as the turbo kit :beer:

RiChie

mOdifi3d!
Established Member
LTHL PSI said:
Well it depends really on how far you want to go?

My set-up? I would say just write a blank check...I wish I was at $20k..unfortunatly I stopped counting when I was over $30k. Its not even the big things that cost, its the little things, brackets, power posts, etc. To have it really done right its going to cost. On my Cobra, their is alot of little details that you cant see in the picture, for example the trunk section of the car is all custom, that custom floor board cost me an easy $1k. Inclduing all the metal, paint, etc.

So its basically impossible to get a exact quote, even a rough idea..it all depends on how far do you want to go..

Well said. Don't forget to get a daily driver too for extra assurance if your project turns into a monster. When all is said and done, it will be way worth it! :pepper:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
T88Wankel said:
Mustangs are gay. There are 50003549258745435 mustangs in the world. They're not unique. They're heavy and slow. I know 5-10 hicks with their mustang GT's with their flowmaster duals that all get burnt when they pull up next to me. Ive beaten roush's, svt's, saleen's, (along with an '05 ferrari F430). Mustangs are a waste of time and gas.
My car is not only one of a handful that were produced, but it will burn the shit out of your marshmallow suspension mustangs that weigh nearly 2 tons.
I will put my '93 RX7, with a 1.3L rotary, greddy T88(weighing in at 2700lbs and having 534RWHP, 492lb-ft torque, and thats dyno speaking, not me) up against any of your gay ass 5.0's any day.
Quit wasting your money on "American Muscle" and start driving real cars,
Hicks.

No one cares about your 2 rotar engine. Maybe if you had a 3 rotar engine would some of us listen....

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
SaleenCobra said:
No one cares about your 2 rotar engine. Maybe if you had a 3 rotar engine would some of us listen....

I'm pretty sure no one would care no matter how many rotors he has..

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
T88Wankel said:
Mustangs are gay. There are 50003549258745435 mustangs in the world. They're not unique. They're heavy and slow. I know 5-10 hicks with their mustang GT's with their flowmaster duals that all get burnt when they pull up next to me. Ive beaten roush's, svt's, saleen's, (along with an '05 ferrari F430). Mustangs are a waste of time and gas.
My car is not only one of a handful that were produced, but it will burn the shit out of your marshmallow suspension mustangs that weigh nearly 2 tons.
I will put my '93 RX7, with a 1.3L rotary, greddy T88(weighing in at 2700lbs and having 534RWHP, 492lb-ft torque, and thats dyno speaking, not me) up against any of your gay ass 5.0's any day.
Hicks.

A Mustang isn't just a car, its a legend. The reason that an RX7 will never be a collector car and therefor never be respected as much as a SVT/Saleen/Rousch Mustang is because the Japanese produce as many units as possible to increase their bottom line, which is why they have so much trouble accumulating the brand loyalty that domestic brands have.

Go back to the import forums, it takes a certain level of civility to be respected on this playground. :burn:

mac16

Established Member
T88Wankel said:
If any of you live in Northwest Florida, I'd be glad to meet up with you and hand your ass to you personally.

you realize there are numerous 1000HP+ cars near you that would make you look like your standing still from any speed?

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
damn... what the hell is your problem. i'll never understand what motivates such people to post this random crap on here. i'd love to hear you talk this crap in the same room with me.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
Lightning247 said:
Wow, just a testament to how random these troll's are. In the middle of a semi-technical discussion this knob-slobbin' head bobber comes out of left field with this B.S. I guarantee the only reason this vagina is over here is because a mustang of some-sort handed him is ass, or one of us "hicks" corn-holed him and his mother without K-Y for running off at the mouth.

And trolling is so incredibly Heterosexual

You may be off by a factor of 10 or so. But i'm glad your counting. Must not leave you alot of time to put some vagisil on that poon of yours.

In the alternate universe where you drive this mystical RX-7, it may be ok to brag about "burning" stock automobiles that came with 220-260 hp N/A stock. But if you actually owned/drove this car making said power and being the sub 10 second 1/4mi. car it is, you wouldn't be wasting your time taking up precious bandwidth with this garrulous frivolity (look it up cum-dumpster), you'd be porking your hot-import model chick girlfriend or planning your next Dyno tuning session, to make your car fast enough to run with the Supra's, Nitrous Vette's and HCI nitrous Ls1,Ls6 F-Bodies, and Kenne Bell Cobra's, or countless 5.0's running sub 10 second elapsed times and handing your rotary ass to you on a silver platter.

Let's not talk about issues with excess Petroleum product consumption ok einstein. Although I'm sure that the Rotary RX7's have greatly increased the stock value in Kitty Litter in the last two decades (READ Oil Consumption.)

Would you like a medal or a chest to Pin it on?

We're so glad Mr. Dynojet logged on to share his experiences. First off, I don't believe anyone that has posted in this thread so far has a 5.0L mustang. I assume you stated initally 5.0 in reference to the Pushrod 5.0 L mustangs from the foxbodies and 94-95. While i'm a mod motor fan myself, I guarantee you there are 4 times the number of 5.0 based mustangs in the single digits in the 1/4mi. (with Purpose built suspensions) then there are RX7's in the 10's. And after the 03/04 Cobra came out, I can promise you their are enough KB Cobra's around who'd be more then happy to show you their taillights. And don't give me that there's no replacement for displacement except technology B.S. Any modification that can be done to a small displacement motor will net a greater effect on a larger displacement motor. That is why all the fastest and quickest cars on earth are large displacement motors (V8). All you're doing with that turbo is making up for what mommy Mazda didn't give you: a big enough package to give anyone a climax.

I'll be sure to go to the Mazda dealership first thing in the morning and get one of those superfast RX8's I keep hearing about. I mean they do run high 14 second quarter miles stock. But that's just conjecture...b/c i've never seen an RX8 at the dragstrip probably because all the teenage girl's parents won't allow them to go, or the young married couples are too busy putting groceries into that neato Third Door thingie.

So it's sad that a naturally aspirated motor outruns (Outruns) a Forced induction import car? I'd put my Cobra with me driving, or any post-fix 99, 01 or 03/04 Mach1 against a stock RX7 at any time.

I'm finished having my way with you.
Enjoy the rest of your evening masturbating in front of the computer. I for one am going to bed satisfied.

Philip K.

:rockon: Owned !

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
foofinator said:
I have a good friend with an RX-7. You're a disgrace, sell your car.
jesus dude...you are going all out on the car now. We need to meet up again sometime.

Natec

Established Member
why pay over 20 thousand just to push 700 hp? why not buy some nitrous... get a kennebell 2.4 the usual bolt ons, and see what you come up with... i bet its cheapear than close to 30 grand.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
because 700hp is just the beginning for a twin turbo setup... most tt cobras are making 700hp for their street tune, then turning up the boost for the track. you can always put nitrous on top of the twins like i am as well. i for one am going turbo because its different. in cali, i know more people with kb's on their car than eatons.

Big Jay

Established Member
T88Wankel said:
Hicks.

I will take that bet.

04TURBOCOBRAX2

07 COBRA SHALL BE MINE
Established Member
I will have right at 10g in my set up after my factory short block dies and i replace it..but if you have the money it is so worth it.You can pretty much handle anything that pulls up next to you-----not all but most cause there is always something faster,i just havent ran into it yet!!

04TURBOCOBRAX2

07 COBRA SHALL BE MINE
Established Member
also i would like to add that my fathers shop does most of my install and fab work so i save an ass load of cash that way so i could see someone having well over 20g in parts,labor and tuning..its what you can afford.i want my new bottom end soon so i can crank up the boost controls to max and not destroy anything..but the solid axle is gettin put in now so it will have to wait..

Users who are viewing this thread