Twin turbo setup cost estimate

DougieStyle

Banned
after you add in everything the kit, a built engine, all the suspension and axle work, gauges, tuning, labor, and add in anything else needed that you can think of. How much do you think it all adds up to?

blk96SVT

Established Member
ALOT! You can spend a ton of money on the shortblock and then you can get some head work new springs, valves everything done. I would guess if you had 20 grand burning a hole in your pocket you should have enough. It could cost less, could cost more, depends on what you get. Most turbo kits come with everything you will need.

Tremor

NO MERCY
DougieStyle said:
after you add in everything the kit, a built engine, all the suspension and axle work, gauges, tuning, labor, and add in anything else needed that you can think of. How much do you think it all adds up to?

Well Dougie

Since im going Twins...Ive figured at least 20k for my setup..

So Lets say for you..at least 13k-20k...

Make sure you read up on Internals.. Everything has to be built to withstand alot of power quickly...

You didnt mention how much boost you plan to push..

For my setup im looking at 20k plus since im going to push around 1000hp... I started at 550hp, then 650, then 700-800..Now im like f it 1000hp..In 2 weeks ill want to push 1100

So post what your planning to push...

Hope This Helps

:read:

C Weil

Established Member
Here's the easy response...if you have to ask, you don't have enough.

A conversion to twin/single turbos will be over $20k to be done properly. Even an 03/04 needs to be rebuilt with billet (not forged) steel rods, CP/Diamond pistons, stronger rings, billet pump gears, better bearings, ARP head/main at least, etc etc.

Then you have to figure all the things that are going to break/be weakened at that power level. Clutch assembly, transmission (input shaft especially), driveshaft, differential assembly for live or IRS, axles or halfshafts, etc. You'll want to deal with the exhaust, because that's important. You'll need to have some suspension to be able to actually put the power down with any reasonability. You'll need serious fuel system upgrades, be it changing over to a return-style setup, or some serious mods to the returnless setup. That'll be buck either way.Then you'll need better tires. And the thing everyone seems to forget when in that rush for stupid power- YOU NEED BIGGER, STRONGER BRAKES. If you want to go faster, you need to stop faster.

Then you have to find someone who really knows how to tune, and something to tune with. Be it chip, standalone, piggyback, etc. Either way, assume a couple thousand to really have it tuned properly (that's a BIG difference in tuning strategy, so it will take some hours to get it done properly, no matter who it is) and anywhere from a thousand to a couple thousand for the tuning software, whatever it is.

If you don't install it, expect to pay a lot of money to have that done as well.

If you want 1000 horsepower, $20k won't do it. No way, no how.

If you want 600 horsepower, it'll be cheaper to buy a KB. Even then you'll be spending $7-8k I bet for the rest of the modifications to support it.

Tremor

NO MERCY
C Weil said:
Here's the easy response...if you have to ask, you don't have enough.

A conversion to twin/single turbos will be over $20k to be done properly. Even an 03/04 needs to be rebuilt with billet (not forged) steel rods, CP/Diamond pistons, stronger rings, billet pump gears, better bearings, ARP head/main at least, etc etc.

Then you have to figure all the things that are going to break/be weakened at that power level. Clutch assembly, transmission (input shaft especially), driveshaft, differential assembly for live or IRS, axles or halfshafts, etc. You'll want to deal with the exhaust, because that's important. You'll need to have some suspension to be able to actually put the power down with any reasonability. You'll need serious fuel system upgrades, be it changing over to a return-style setup, or some serious mods to the returnless setup. That'll be buck either way.Then you'll need better tires. And the thing everyone seems to forget when in that rush for stupid power- YOU NEED BIGGER, STRONGER BRAKES. If you want to go faster, you need to stop faster.

Then you have to find someone who really knows how to tune, and something to tune with. Be it chip, standalone, piggyback, etc. Either way, assume a couple thousand to really have it tuned properly (that's a BIG difference in tuning strategy, so it will take some hours to get it done properly, no matter who it is) and anywhere from a thousand to a couple thousand for the tuning software, whatever it is.

If you don't install it, expect to pay a lot of money to have that done as well.

If you want 1000 horsepower, $20k won't do it. No way, no how.

If you want 600 horsepower, it'll be cheaper to buy a KB. Even then you'll be spending $7-8k I bet for the rest of the modifications to support it.

With This Said...

Determine if Turbo's are for you...

Good Info C Weil

When It comes to turbos..

Like C-Weil Said if you have to ask, you don't have enough.

C-weil Post Pics of your Project..

As soon as im done Ill post mine.. :pop:

C Weil

Established Member
The people who say $20k are the ones who haven't done it yet.

I'll post pics up later. I'm pulling the engine back out again to check some things out, but then I'll have some. It's still N/A at the moment awaiting the twin turbo setup. It did, however, may 03 cobra power N/A. :)

Tremor

NO MERCY
C Weil said:
The people who say $20k are the ones who haven't done it yet.

I'll post pics up later. I'm pulling the engine back out again to check some things out, but then I'll have some. It's still N/A at the moment awaiting the twin turbo setup. It did, however, may 03 cobra power N/A. :)

Want to see that bad boy...

Are you planning on having it done this year ?

:beer:

Blown02

Established Member
Well I have 20,000+ in mine in the motor an twin 57s. Built 01 cobra motor and twin 57s with everything u can think of.

03_svtzilla

Banned
turbo

Hi , i am doing a single 88mm its just about done maybe on the dyno next week i will have about $12,000+ in it without the fast system with fast :thumbsup: 15,900 installed with everything k-member struts ,everything powdercoated.

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Well it depends really on how far you want to go?

My set-up? I would say just write a blank check...I wish I was at $20k..unfortunatly I stopped counting when I was over $30k. Its not even the big things that cost, its the little things, brackets, power posts, etc. To have it really done right its going to cost. On my Cobra, their is alot of little details that you cant see in the picture, for example the trunk section of the car is all custom, that custom floor board cost me an easy $1k. Inclduing all the metal, paint, etc.

So its basically impossible to get a exact quote, even a rough idea..it all depends on how far do you want to go..

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Lets say you have a built motor already and you would like to be around 600 - 700 rwhp. IC or HP have a kit that wouldn't be 20k + with install and tuning?

C Weil

Established Member
spyder1337 said:
Lets say you have a built motor already and you would like to be around 600 - 700 rwhp. IC or HP have a kit that wouldn't be 20k + with install and tuning?

It's easy to do either for way less than $20k.

Doing it right is another question.

Users who are viewing this thread