Twin Turbo or Kb

Modular4vFox

Nobama!!!
Established Member
I say, turbo it!
Does anybody make a sequential twin kit for 03's? Would be cool to have a small turbo (spools quickly) & a large one (for top end).

03_svtzilla

Banned
Well

LTHL PSI said:
Sweet man, Also I would not go with the 5spd, Heffner performance just went 8s in their TT Viper with a T56, its not your standard Viper Spec T56 obviously, but it can be done with the T56. I would give them a call or give Promotion down in Ft.Lauderdale a call, or even Mark at Mod Mustang Racing. I would just hate to see you get rid of the T56 in favor of a 5spd, one of the things you can even do is take 5-6 Gear out of yours, depending on how radical you want to go. But first give Heffner performance a call, 8s@160 on a 6spd and IRS. :beer:
Here is what we are doing for now with my setup staying with the t56 and adding the 26 spline input shaft from the viper spec trans then going with a diff cluth .I stayed on the phone all day with x2c motorsporst picking there brains great guys up there and they said they made 737 rwh 727 rwtq on 22 psi pump gas so i think that with my setup and a good intercooler i will make over 750 whp + the n20 . :thumbsup:

Mach170

evangelist
Established Member
I always thought one big turbo made more power than 2 twins did. Most hogh HP supras are running a single big turbo and push about 1000+ HP.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Mach170 said:
I always thought one big turbo made more power than 2 twins did. Most hogh HP supras are running a single big turbo and push about 1000+ HP.

Nope, twins will make more power then a single will if they are specd correctly. The reason you see such huge single turbos on supras is because if they went with two big twins, there would be about a litre of displacement and exhaust gases per turbo. The motor is not big enough to make two big twins spool, however a 32v V8 is :)

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
stangfreak said:
i wonder how much rwhp and tq one can make on PUMP GAS with a twin turbo on a 03/04 cobra

A 03 Motor made 990 on an engine dyno with around 22 psi I believe.

However Induction Concepts owner stresses with his twin kit he can pull out 1000 to the tires on PUMP gas. I think hes right :banana:

03_svtzilla

Banned
We Will Find Out Soon

WELL after we dyno mine i wil post what we made i hope i can make those numbers pretty sure we will be close one big 88 mm i should make 800 or so rwhp on pump gas. Maybe a week or more before mine is done. :thumbsup:

marcul29

Established Member
Turbo All The Way No Doubt About It.

I'm in the process on doing the same thing a TT set up for my cobra, it is true pretty much you are thinking on going more than 750rwhp ; you pretty much have to upgrade everything even if you have a 03 or 04 cobra. But since my is a 99 I have to upgrade a bit more.

starting with the short block the trainny, the clutch,the fuel system and if you want to keep your IRS beef up the rear end with maybe a stage 3 NGK or the driveshaft shop is not cheap but that's the only way.

right now as we speak I'm in the process of getting my car to Induction concepts pretty much that's the only company I will trust for my car even if it means shipping my car all the way there. so I'll be posting some #'s one's if ready for you all which will be aroung torse the end of April.

I would like to be one of the first one in California with a TT set up making over 800RWHP.

Rad, says that with the T-60's you will be making around 1000Hp at the flywheel so it will be around 850RWHP which is the first stage. Imagine the T-66's or the T-72's. He will be doing some of those after he is done with my car.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
800rwhp on pump gas buahahahahah dammit i love it!
can you imagine driving around in a 800rwhp stang,

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Jman20427 said:
Nope, twins will make more power then a single will if they are specd correctly. The reason you see such huge single turbos on supras is because if they went with two big twins, there would be about a litre of displacement and exhaust gases per turbo. The motor is not big enough to make two big twins spool, however a 32v V8 is :)
There actually are a few supras running big twins, I know of one for sure with twin innovative t-66's that dyno'd about 750 wheel at about 15-20 psi. Not the biggest turbos but still rather large in my book :thumbsup: The 2jz's flow really well, as do the rb26's in the skylines...I'd still rather have a big single stang however :-D

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
900- 1,000 RWHP on Pump gas?? lol riiiiiiiiiight. Show me anyone filling up at Chevron then without turning the camera off put it on the dyno! Here at 5300 ft in elevation we are only making around 514 and 648 SAE. We have two TT Cobras in town. One has 60s and the other 50's. On Race gas the 60s made 794 SAE on 18 lbs. Now a Apten Cobra here with a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower with a 100 shot made 690 SAE but 805 ftlbs of tq!!! We overlaid the graph and the Apten Cobra would be all over the TT car.

The guy that owns the TT car with 60's lost a lot of handling and says the car feels sloppy.

Now don't get me wrong a Turbo will usually make more. I personally would go with the KB with cams and a 100 shot.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
boostaholic said:
There actually are a few supras running big twins, I know of one for sure with twin innovative t-66's that dyno'd about 750 wheel at about 15-20 psi. Not the biggest turbos but still rather large in my book :thumbsup: The 2jz's flow really well, as do the rb26's in the skylines...I'd still rather have a big single stang however :-D

Yeah it puts out good numbers but is Too laggy. Good friend of mine Pat Winkle has the record for a single on boost alone on a 2jZ..1458RWHP..I asked him why they dont go twin and simply put, you think three cylinders that total less then a litre of displacment would get two big twins going...

Last edited:

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
StreetProvenTQ said:
900- 1,000 RWHP on Pump gas?? lol riiiiiiiiiight. Show me anyone filling up at Chevron then without turning the camera off put it on the dyno! Here at 5300 ft in elevation we are only making around 514 and 648 SAE. We have two TT Cobras in town. One has 60s and the other 50's. On Race gas the 60s made 794 SAE on 18 lbs. Now a Apten Cobra here with a 2.8 upper and 4lb lower with a 100 shot made 690 SAE but 805 ftlbs of tq!!! We overlaid the graph and the Apten Cobra would be all over the TT car.

The guy that owns the TT car with 60's lost a lot of handling and says the car feels sloppy.

Now don't get me wrong a Turbo will usually make more. I personally would go with the KB with cams and a 100 shot.

Like I said a SINGLE turbo on an 03 cobra motor made 990 on a very medicore boost number( I think it was between 18-22). With the very low compression on an 03 Cobra motor, this means that it is pump gas friendly. It hasnt been done yet...but wait, just wait...keep laughing, it will be done.... soon. Trust me.

Last edited:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Jman20427 said:
Like I said a SINGLE turbo on an 03 cobra motor made 990 on a very medicore boost number( I think it was between 18-22). With the very low compression on an 03 Cobra motor, this means that it is pump gas friendly. It hasnt been done yet...but wait, just wait...keep laughing, it will be done.... soon. Trust me.
Theres an 03 going single at my friend's shop up here soon, pt72 I believe...I'll get the dyno vid posted when it's done since hes lookin for about 850 or so on pump :-D

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Damn, 850+rwhp in a Terminator?! If you're not using an auto with that much power then I hope you have alot of spare clutches in store.

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Kovachian said:
Damn, 850+rwhp in a Terminator?! If you're not using an auto with that much power then I hope you have alot of spare clutches in store.

Centerforce Came out with a Clutch that can handle this type of power. Hammer(guy over at modular fords) posts about the clutch issue alot and has posted that centerforce came up with 2 clutch set-ups. One for the 600 RWHP and one for the radical set-up.

Users who are viewing this thread