Twin Turbo or Kb

Snkbite03

Established Member
Have a hard time making my mind up with which set up I want to go with. Love the Kb's numbers and torque. But the twins have sparked my intrest as well. I'm looking for all out power. Want to take care of a few modded supras, vettes and vipers roaming the streets. I know the turbos will take awhile to get up to boost and when they do, damn, hold on. Just want to hear some other people opinions. I know alot of people are going Kb or whipple, more for the torque and the streetable power. So, any one give me some of your thoughts, thanks.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Snkbite03 said:
Have a hard time making my mind up with which set up I want to go with. Love the Kb's numbers and torque. But the twins have sparked my intrest as well. I'm looking for all out power. Want to take care of a few modded supras, vettes and vipers roaming the streets. I know the turbos will take awhile to get up to boost and when they do, damn, hold on. Just want to hear some other people opinions. I know alot of people are going Kb or whipple, more for the torque and the streetable power. So, any one give me some of your thoughts, thanks.

Go with the twins! See my sig.....

MJ

jasil

Established Member
I've posted many graphs showing the superiority of turbocharges vs superchargers.

You have to ask yourself some questions first. It has been proven that you can take a KB, add cams, and a shot of juice and push over 750rwhp. Of course it would be best to use race gas or at least a mix in those situations though.

If your goal is anymore than that I would recommend going with the HP kit or PTK 76gts based kit. Both can support over 800rwhp.

It really what you want. I don't know if you have ever ridden in a KB car, but 580rwhp is very fast. When you get in the 750rwhp it's just spin city and I don't mean that in "Wow, this is fun" way. It's not fun stomping the throttle at 70mph and SPINNING.

Most High HP single turbo supras...750rwhp on up are running from 60mph-80mph roll ons....that's stupid.

Good luck and even though I think turbos are superior. The KB, Cams, and juice is just so easy and proven it's hard to go wrong. There are more than a handful of cars running 9's@140mph++ with that set up.

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
Turbo setup is always the way to go if you can afford it, just be ready to wait. Took well over 6 months to get my whole kit from PTK, pretty shitty service.

saleen_4_me

I8A4RE
Established Member
:banana: TWIN TURBO :banana: To get up the horsepower numbers of a turbo kit with a kenne bell you'll have to run a 100 shot as well. Everyone gets a supercharger because it costs a lot less, I say if you got the money buy it. :thumbsup:

TheOne™

Established Member
if you got the $$, go with HP twin kit. you can get more hp out of the TT @ say 15 psi than a 2.2L KB @ same psi, all cause you do loose hp from runnin the supercharger through the belt whereas the turbo goes through gases.(yeh yeh same ol bs).
but if you like the whine the kb does, go with that 1:).

Snkbite03

Established Member
thanks for the input guys. Ya, I love that supercharger whine, but I've lived without it before, so it won't be missed to much, if I go with the twins. looking to destroy mostly anything that is willing to race. :rockon:

The twins might be that best bet for that one. Just have to get that FCC job and save up for it. Two trips or one good trip should get me enough for them.

95sn95

Blue Devil!
Established Member
What suspension setup are you going to have for that much power? Live axle surely. What else?

SVTED

Established Member
TT 4.6 For My L

This PIC is part on my MillerLite induced idea. All Alum., billet 4.6DOHC Light weight, rev to the moon,4v(you need .814 lift on a 2V to match stock 03-04 Cobra heads flow #'s) Twin T70's,(650hp each) Stock 03 intercooler,PG. and some other ood's and ends. Should be around 950-1000rwhp. If it works ,fine if not I'll put it in my 88 Open Comp coupe. and drop the 557 in the 2000 L. What Ever.It's just what this old drunk guy is doing. :beer: Ed

PIC
http://www.modularfords.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/356/size/big/sort/1/cat/500

Last edited:

03_svtzilla

Banned
Turbo!!

I am doing a 76gts right now on my 03 so i will post some numbers when it is done.I am also going to spray a 50 shot to make up lagg down low i thinsk we are looking in the 750 whp numbers on pump gas 18 psi and close or over 900 whp with 25 psi on race gas and the 50 shot.The car should be done in the next 3 weeks or so i will update. :rockon:

Snkbite03

Established Member
sick_o3svt said:
I am doing a 76gts right now on my 03 so i will post some numbers when it is done.I am also going to spray a 50 shot to make up lagg down low i thinsk we are looking in the 750 whp numbers on pump gas 18 psi and close or over 900 whp with 25 psi on race gas and the 50 shot.The car should be done in the next 3 weeks or so i will update. :rockon:

Sweet, sick_o3svt, can't wait til you post your numbers for the turbos. Might give me an edge to making my decision. thanks

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
HP twin turbos! :rockon:

I'm pretty sure that is the route I am going.....I already have a built solid axle rearend, and a built auto in it with a 4000 stall convertor. I think the twin 57s will like the 4000 stall convertor alot when it comes time to spool! :burnout:

Ken

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
Mind you HP is not the only manufacturer of kits for Terminators. There are a fair amount of options including a Single kit if you want to go that route, main difference in that is just saying 'Hey I got TWO Turbos!!@!$'

EL420

Tt

If u want power...DEFINETLY...go Turbo. Turbos are easy power. No if ands or buts about it. The only thing u have to worry about is which manufacturer to get it from. lol

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Is it hard to tune a turbo car?

Not if you take it to someone who knows what there doing! Don't rely on some self proclaimed tuner...get feedback, results, and customers who have had performance turbo cars tuned by them.

Not something I think I would want to risk tuning with a Predator, or other handheld tuner if you don't know what your doing.....but with the proper set-up (i.e. wideband A/F, Datalogger, laptop, etc.) some have done it. I believe that is how MJ is tuning his!

Ken :beer:

cyaford

Established Member
sick_o3svt said:
I am doing a 76gts right now on my 03 so i will post some numbers when it is done.I am also going to spray a 50 shot to make up lagg down low i thinsk we are looking in the 750 whp numbers on pump gas 18 psi and close or over 900 whp with 25 psi on race gas and the 50 shot.The car should be done in the next 3 weeks or so i will update.

WOW! Talk about coincidence. I won't mention the shop, but does Mike J ring a bell? I'm seriously thinking of not selling my Cobra and going with the turbo. I called a shop that was recommended to me by my friend and the guy said they had an 03 in there right now getting a custom single set-up done. I'm thinking that has to be yours. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread