Twin Turbo or Kb

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
Well it depends what you are looking for, you want all out power? Well it depends what you consider all out power. If you want anything under 800rwhp, I would stick with the Kenne Bell or Whipple, if you are looking for crazy numbers 800+rwhp than Turbo is the way to go. Putting a Turbo kit on gets a little more involved than just buying the kit and throwing it on, also at those power levels, alot of things have to get upgraded to withstand the torque. I have a TT in the works, it has been in the works since April, was supposed to be done months ago, but issues have come up and slowed the whole project down, along with me changing my mind on some things, and damn parts always being on backorder. However its coming along, when its all said and done I am sure the wait was worth it...

Fast Willy

Established Member
I say it depends on what your going to us it for. If your gonna go to the track you might be better off with a Kenne Bell and spray. But if you want to run supras at top end then I would say go with the twin turbo set up. But the price of a twin turbo set up is probably right around twice th price as the Kenne Bell.

95sn95

Blue Devil!
Established Member
KB or Whipple plus a 150 shot!

It'd be cheaper, plus you can save the nitrous for when you really need it.

03_svtzilla

Banned
lmfao

cyaford said:
WOW! Talk about coincidence. I won't mention the shop, but does Mike J ring a bell? I'm seriously thinking of not selling my Cobra and going with the turbo. I called a shop that was recommended to me by my friend and the guy said they had an 03 in there right now getting a custom single set-up done. I'm thinking that has to be yours. :rockon:
Yes sir that is my car indeed mike at NO limit i cant wait man im thinkin maybe 2 weeks or so i thin i will be the only turbo 03 around the atlanta area. AND YES :rockon: :rockon:

Blackhalo

Established Member
Snkbite03 said:
thanks for the input guys. Ya, I love that supercharger whine, but I've lived without it before, so it won't be missed to much, if I go with the twins. looking to destroy mostly anything that is willing to race. :rockon:

The twins might be that best bet for that one. Just have to get that FCC job and save up for it. Two trips or one good trip should get me enough for them.

I dont know the supercharger whine is nice.. but nothing is better than the turbo's spoolin :)

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
SCMod46 said:
I say it depends on what your going to us it for. If your gonna go to the track you might be better off with a Kenne Bell and spray. But if you want to run supras at top end then I would say go with the twin turbo set up. But the price of a twin turbo set up is probably right around twice th price as the Kenne Bell.

No way man, a Turbo when configured correctly will shit on anything..

04torchred

Established Member
Are you going to need to upgrade to a F.A.S.T fuel system or something similar like Accel GEN VII. Not sure if the stock system is up to the task at 750+rwhp. Just a question cause that will add about $2000 to the turbo mix.

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
04torchred said:
Are you going to need to upgrade to a F.A.S.T fuel system or something similar like Accel GEN VII. Not sure if the stock system is up to the task at 750+rwhp. Just a question cause that will add about $2000 to the turbo mix.

Yes as a matter of fact you are, I did, Its not that the stock computer cant handle the 750+rwhp, its that you cant run the low impedance injectors(required or safe for 800+rwhp) unless you get a driver($500+-) and then it gets realy tricky, which then becomes a driveability issue. As i was saying their are alot of factors that come into play, which is why I wouldnt recommend a Turbo kit if you are planning to stay within 750rwhp. DONT get me wrong, it can be done, but be prepared to shell out a pretty penny.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
LTHL PSI said:
Yes as a matter of fact you are, I did, Its not that the stock computer cant handle the 750+rwhp, its that you cant run the low impedance injectors(required or safe for 800+rwhp) unless you get a driver($500+-) and then it gets realy tricky, which then becomes a driveability issue. As i was saying their are alot of factors that come into play, which is why I wouldnt recommend a Turbo kit if you are planning to stay within 750rwhp. DONT get me wrong, it can be done, but be prepared to shell out a pretty penny.

I should be running close to 800rwhp on the stock EEC-V. I'll most likely be running 60lb/hr high-Z injectors with delta_P bumped up to 61psi. This should provide 600lb/hr of fuel maximum and be adequate for around 1090bhp or 927rwhp with zero margin. At 800rwhp this should provide about 14% overhead. The rest of the fuel system is going to consist of: dual aviator pumps, Zone-5 FPMDM, upgraded lines, filter, and rails. This will remain returnless for now.

MJ

FuryShift

You are slow.
Established Member
LTHL PSI said:
No way man, a Turbo when configured correctly will shit on anything..

Basically what I always try to tell everyone, people will learn the hard way I guess.

03_svtzilla

Banned
changed turbo today

sick_o3svt said:
Yes sir that is my car indeed mike at NO limit i cant wait man im thinkin maybe 2 weeks or so i thin i will be the only turbo 03 around the atlanta area. AND YES :rockon: :rockon:
WE went with the 88 mm instead of the 76gts and 75lbs injectors i cant wait its going to be a spring of paybacks is all i can say SUPRA WHAT? :nono:

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
mjchip said:
I should be running close to 800rwhp on the stock EEC-V. I'll most likely be running 60lb/hr high-Z injectors with delta_P bumped up to 61psi. This should provide 600lb/hr of fuel maximum and be adequate for around 1090bhp or 927rwhp with zero margin. At 800rwhp this should provide about 14% overhead. The rest of the fuel system is going to consist of: dual aviator pumps, Zone-5 FPMDM, upgraded lines, filter, and rails. This will remain returnless for now.

MJ

Should be interesting to see how the fuel system holds up, I see sick_03 went with the new 75lb High Impedance Injectors, those are also a nice option opposed to the 60s. I myself went with the Aeromotive setup, with 2 Eliminator pumps, same setup as was on the 03 X2C. Figured I coulnt go wrong since they ran it. SIck_03, you went with a 88mm? Thumper? Thats a pretty big bad boy, still running AC? Also what intake manifold did you end up with?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
LTHL PSI said:
Should be interesting to see how the fuel system holds up, I see sick_03 went with the new 75lb High Impedance Injectors, those are also a nice option opposed to the 60s. I myself went with the Aeromotive setup, with 2 Eliminator pumps, same setup as was on the 03 X2C. Figured I coulnt go wrong since they ran it. SIck_03, you went with a 88mm? Thumper? Thats a pretty big bad boy, still running AC? Also what intake manifold did you end up with?

I'm investigating the 75's myself now. My main concern is the driveability.

MJ

03_svtzilla

Banned
Lthl Psi

WE are going to try the dual focus fuel pumps setup with there mods going with the procharger intake .Yes i will still run my a/c i am also getting x2c tremec 5 sp they offer unless we come up with another idea we thought with the bigger turbo and injectors we could make the power i wanted without spinin that 88 to much.We will see how it comes out but i will in the end get the fuel system up t par so we can make some bigger numbers. Still he says 750 rwhp pretty easy with stock computer i am also going to spary a little n20 since i already have the kit on the car. g/l with yours we should handle are streets pretty well when we get done. :beer: :thumbsup:

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
sick_o3svt said:
WE are going to try the dual focus fuel pumps setup with there mods going with the procharger intake .Yes i will still run my a/c i am also getting x2c tremec 5 sp they offer unless we come up with another idea we thought with the bigger turbo and injectors we could make the power i wanted without spinin that 88 to much.We will see how it comes out but i will in the end get the fuel system up t par so we can make some bigger numbers. Still he says 750 rwhp pretty easy with stock computer i am also going to spary a little n20 since i already have the kit on the car. g/l with yours we should handle are streets pretty well when we get done. :beer: :thumbsup:

Sweet man, Also I would not go with the 5spd, Heffner performance just went 8s in their TT Viper with a T56, its not your standard Viper Spec T56 obviously, but it can be done with the T56. I would give them a call or give Promotion down in Ft.Lauderdale a call, or even Mark at Mod Mustang Racing. I would just hate to see you get rid of the T56 in favor of a 5spd, one of the things you can even do is take 5-6 Gear out of yours, depending on how radical you want to go. But first give Heffner performance a call, 8s@160 on a 6spd and IRS. :beer:

03_svtzilla

Banned
I Saw That

GOOD idea i think i will call them before i do anything. And i think that our 6spd will hold for a little wile from what i have heard maybe change the input shaft and go till it breaks lol

LTHL PSI

All bow to Sid
sick_o3svt said:
GOOD idea i think i will call them before i do anything. And i think that our 6spd will hold for a little wile from what i have heard maybe change the input shaft and go till it breaks lol

Yeah lol, our T56 with the 26spline can handle alot, dont waste your time and money on a 5spd. Ohh I was wrong they went 166 in the 1/4 :-D

Users who are viewing this thread